Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm really going to try to avoid enjoying this. I really am. But man, Slott is going to make it difficult. Marvel has gone to great lengths to completely distance Peter from Mary Jane, especially after Superior Spider-Man. It's like every major story they do is meant to give them another excuse for breaking up the Peter/MJ marriage. This just feels like an extreme level of trolling. I don't want to get my hopes up that it could be anything else. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.
    I was like that at first and then decided life is too short and let myself get my hopes up with major expectations coming out the other side. If I am crushed oh well but that's the only way I would be able to truly enjoy this story with them married and not be worried about what's next

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Tell us more about how terrible the "current generation of fans" is.
    I can tell you about it. This new generation favors the bad guy being good. They like the idea of the anti-hero...or villains becoming heroes.

Lex Luthor became a member of the Justice League; Doc Ock became Spider-Man; Doctor Doom became a member of the FF; even Megatron became an Autobot. And the new fans loved it. SMH....

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I figure if nothing else, I get a story with a married Peter Parker with MJ and a child, which is what I've kind of hoped for a while. If it's the only story to do so, then at least we had that story. Though if Slott is heartless enough to make MJ and Anne (I believe that's the child's name) simply to be killed off to get Peter to do all dark stuff, I will not be pleased. If he gives up being Spidey in the end for his family but they all survive, that's not so bad.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    I can tell you about it. This new generation favors the bad guy being good. They like the idea of the anti-hero...or villains becoming heroes.

Lex Luthor became a member of the Justice League; Doc Ock became Spider-Man; Doctor Doom became a member of the FF; even Megatron became an Autobot. And the new fans loved it. SMH....
    That's because a lot of people like villains who are three dimensional. Doom and Magneto always had the promise to be good or bad, same with heroes who went bad. And I'm a long time fan who still really liked Superior Spider-Man because Doc Ock is still my favourite Spider-Man villain.

Because it makes these characters more than two dimensional troupes and stereotypes. It adds shades of grey to the villains and treats them like real people. All fans don't prefer the villains to the heroes but it serves the story and the heroes to treat characters like 3d people

Because it makes these characters more than two dimensional troupes and stereotypes. It adds shades of grey to the villains and treats them like real people. All fans don't prefer the villains to the heroes but it serves the story and the heroes to treat characters like 3d people

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I figure if nothing else, I get a story with a married Peter Parker with MJ and a child, which is what I've kind of hoped for a while. If it's the only story to do so, then at least we had that story. Though if Slott is heartless enough to make MJ and Anne (I believe that's the child's name) simply to be killed off to get Peter to do all dark stuff, I will not be pleased. If he gives up being Spidey in the end for his family but they all survive, that's not so bad.
    I miss that era of stories. It was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    That's because a lot of people like villains who are three dimensional. Doom and Magneto always had the promise to be good or bad, same with heroes who went bad. And I'm a long time fan who still really liked Superior Spider-Man because Doc Ock is still my favourite Spider-Man villain.
    Magneto gets a pass easy... No to Doom and absolutely no for Megatron as an Autobot. No!!! No!!! No!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    No. They're overdeveloped and the concept of a true villain has been lost.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aliensoul77 View Post
    that means Peter will forever stay 21
    Going by The first Issue of Vol 3, Peter was bitten 13 years ago. So if he was bitten at age 15. 15 +13= would make him 28 now. which would make him old enough for him to be married no matter what Marvel says.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man, the Regent looks so painfully generic. I mean, I get apparently this is meant to be an 90s-style universe, but I never thought it would be this direct. He looks like he should be fighting Youngblood, not the Avengers. You'd think, after Spider-Verse, that Slott would have learnt his lesson about creating uber-powerful and uber-generic doomsday villains.

Also wow, I never noticed the Amazing Size-changing Baby until now.

Eh, I'll just take that as further proof of my "The life with the baby is a VR/Dream/Illusion, Peter's actually in his 'Back In Black' phase and wakes up at the end of issue 2" theory. I mean, add that to the incorrect dress (it would be a minor gripe, except Marvel seems determined to remind us via variant covers what it should look like), Kraven being alive, Slott's 'monkey's paw' comment...plus would explain Lowe's saying it takes BND and runs in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifteen View Post
    The date on the calendar is May. Cute.
    Even cuter considering the child's name is Annie.

BANNED

Clearly a modern phenomena never before seen in the industry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aliensoul77 View Post
    I really, really, really, really would love if they kept this version of Spiderman but I don't think they will because Marvel just cares about Generation Whatever and appealing to the 12 year olds of tomorrow and that means Peter will forever stay 21, be banging random girls and never become an adult. Meanwhile adult fans who grew up and actually can relate to being married and having kids have no interest in seeing a perpetual 21 year old would like to see this version of Spiderman. If they want a younger Spiderman they have Miles Morales or they could dig up that storyline where Norman Osborn stole their baby before when MJ was pregnant in the 90's and they told her the baby died but Osborn stole it and genetically age the kid so he has a teenage son and create peter Parker's son as the new Spider-man. I mean if they can have a million clones and alternate reality versions of the X-men hanging out with their current selves then they could have Peter Parker's son. I mean the Hulk even has a son now!!
    Spidey is timeless you see. He belongs to no age of fans but the future and beyond.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I know this issue sparks a lot of cynicism but remember, if Marvel sees that not only are there enough fans to support the marriage but also the MAJORITY of fans support it, then they might realize that it was a mistake to undo the marriage no matter what Quesada and the PTB wants. DC undid the Super-marriage and given the way it was handled, there is no way to restore it. There might still be a way to fix this one.

Midtown exc. Variant:

Deadpool variant:

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Ah, White-Fur-Trim Felicia-sama! How I've missed you!