Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night- Koji Igarashi's Successor To Castlevania

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l-of-the-night

This looks beautiful and is already on route to meeting its goal.

A lot of it seems to be anger at Konami though,,,,which might help them reach goal

Don't really care for the main character but the game itself seems interesting enough.

"IGAvania". They deserve their funding just for that. Wonderful.
    Order of Ecclesia wasn't my favorite of the Castlevania games, but whatever gets the "IGAvania" genre back in the spotlight is fine by me.

The amount of backers and money going towards this game more than doubled in less than an hour. Don't think funding will be a problem here.

It jumped up 100K in the time it took me to read the whole page.

$430K. Game should be funded within the hour at this rate.

Went ahead and put down for a digital copy. The art book is tempting though, probably wouldn't have been able to resist if they had Ayami Kojima doing the art. If this ends up anywhere near as good as Symphony of the Night and Portrait of Ruin that would make me an extremely happy man. It'll be nice to see this style of game freed from the constraints of a handheld.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 05-11-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Hold up...if I'm reading this right, the whip is only available in the physical edition?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Hold up...if I'm reading this right, the whip is only available in the physical edition?
    Apparently they get a special swordwhip.

Astonishing Member

RIP Konami

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    RIP Konami
    Seriously. Losing Iga and Kojima back to back. On top of that, they can't even keep it together with the first Silent Hill game to generate any hype in over a decade. How heads aren't rolling all over the floor in their offices is beyond me.

Well not only was the thing instantly funded, but smashed all it's stretch goals.
    One of it's stretch goals was cheat codes. Please, please, let one of them be the Konami Code and have it do something awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    RIP Konami
    Konami is doing just fine, they make an insane amount of money with slot machines and health clubs. It's been clear for a while now that Konami is getting out of the video game business. MGS V will probably be their last AAA title, but they'll continue to leverage their trademarks in mobile games and pachinko machines. It's sad for sure, but it says a lot about the industry when they can just pack up and leave without suffering any financial setbacks. I'd expect Capcom to do something similar sometime in the next few years.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Konami is doing just fine, they make an insane amount of money with slot machines and health clubs. It's been clear for a while now that Konami is getting out of the video game business. MGS V will probably be their last AAA title, but they'll continue to leverage their trademarks in mobile games and pachinko machines. It's sad for sure, but it says a lot about the industry when they can just pack up and leave without suffering any financial setbacks. I'd expect Capcom to do something similar sometime in the next few years.
    I doubt Capcom will do that as they dropped a lot of money on the construction of two buildings to increase in-house development.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It's sad for sure, but it says a lot about the industry when they can just pack up and leave without suffering any financial setbacks.
    Well, aside from Metal Gear (and a few half-hearted pokes at Silent Hill and CV) they've let every franchise they've ever had just wither and die. Not sure how that's a reflection of the industry itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I doubt Capcom will do that as they dropped a lot of money on the construction of two buildings to increase in-house development.
    In-house development for what? Street Fighter V only exists because Sony is underwriting it. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut back on console and PC gaming and focused more on mobile gaming. That's where the money seems to be in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Well, aside from Metal Gear (and a few half-hearted pokes at Silent Hill and CV) they've let every franchise they've ever had just wither and die. Not sure how that's a reflection of the industry itself.
    When they have classics like Castlevania, Contra, and Silent Hill in their back pocket and it doesn't make financial sense to continue those franchises with new AAA games, it makes you wonder about the state of the industry and why the bar for success is where it is.