Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Don't really care for the main character but the game itself seems interesting enough.
    Or as I know it ... it's not Alucard ... but hey a 2D Castlevania game is a 2D Castlevania game no matter who pays for it and what you call it. It'll just never be Symphony of the Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post

When they have classics like Castlevania, Contra, and Silent Hill in their back pocket and it doesn't make financial sense to continue those franchises with new AAA games, it makes you wonder about the state of the industry and why the bar for success is where it is.
    It doesn't make me wonder about anything. There's been a huge resurgence of horror games the past few years. If The Evil Within, Amnesia and Outlast can make money, you can't tell me there's no room for Silent Hill. If the last few SH games failed, it's because they were garbage, not because of the industry.

Same thing with Castlevania. Konami condemned the franchise to handhelds and reusing 20-year old assets for most of it's life. What kind of reaction can you really expect? Meanwhile, the Souls series swoops in to fill the void.

Most of Konami's franchises have been stuck in a rut long before we ever got to this point. Having classics in your back pocket means nothing if you never take them out of there.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 05-12-2015 at 10:33 AM.

We're seeing more and more talent leaving the big companies and striking out on their own. It makes me very happy.

Between this, Yooka-Laylee and Might No 9, this is beginning to be a great time for fans of old school gaming.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    When they have classics like Castlevania, Contra, and Silent Hill in their back pocket and it doesn't make financial sense to continue those franchises with new AAA games, it makes you wonder about the state of the industry and why the bar for success is where it is.
    Gradius, Boktai, Suikoden, Bomberman. Really if we're just listing all the games Konami isn't making, we'll be here for days.

Very excited to see this one do well. I miss me some classic Castlevania games. (And how amusing is that promo video?)

IGA thanks his fans, and there's a short Q & A.

Ask IGA #2.

It now has a Wii U stretch goal

I backed the kickstarter to get to the wii u stretch goal...I'm happy now that its reached

Over 5 million dollars raised!

I'm not sure I like the idea of a procedurally generated dungeon. I hope they make that a separate mode, apart from the regular game.

And it's over.
    5.5 Million. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm not sure I like the idea of a procedurally generated dungeon. I hope they make that a separate mode, apart from the regular game.
    "In this mode you’ll face a new castle every time, braving its treacherous (and massive) halls for loot, glory, and the simple, satisfying feeling of going where no Miriam has gone before.

Once you’ve explored its passages and defeated its boss, you’ll get a code that will enable you to share your randomly generated dungeon with a friend."

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/bloodstai...d-favor-switch

Bloodstained for Wii U has been canceled in favor of a Switch version.

Iga also left this message explaining this decision and what the options are for Wii U backers.

Hello, this is IGA.

Thank you for always supporting us. I would like to give a message to the backers who pledged for the Wii U version of Bloodstained.

During our Kickstarter campaign, the Wii U was at the height of its popularity, but the situation has drastically changed after the release of Nintendo Switch.

This change made it difficult to receive the necessary support from the hardware maker, which has led us to drop the Wii U development and shift the development to Nintendo Switch.

We are very sorry that it has come to this after all your support, but we hope you will understand. We would like to respond by preparing options for our backers, such as moving your pledge to another version or requesting a refund if you don’t want any other version.

We hope you will continue to support us.

Smart move. Making a port for a dead console is a waste of everyone's time.