Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts (spoilers)

Anyone else see this yet? It's fun, not as good as JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time was, but fun. I liked that they didn't bother with trying to start early in his career, this is a Batman who's been around, has Nightwing and Red Robin, knows Green Arrow (and that he's Ollie), and let's the Flash in his Batcave. No clue whether the Justice League is a thing yet or not, but still this is a decent Batman. Which makes it odd that this is this universe's first appearance of the Penguin, but it works. The voices are good, action's good. I thought Penguin's plan was kind of over the top but in a good Saturday morning cartoon way (crash a gold rich meteor into Gotham, then use an army of robots to mine the debris, now that's audacious!). And I loved the fact Batman named the wolf robot he hacked and turned into a transforming motorcycle 'Ace'. Not the best movie, a few animation flaws, but fun and well worth the watch. And the voices for Batman and Nightwing were spot on (figures Terry McGinnis would make a great Nightwing).

Astonishing Member

I have yet to get to it, but Will Friedle is always quality as a relatable, youthful, somewhat jovial (but able to turn on the serious voice) portrayal.

And toy cash-in or not, I really effing like that Red Robin costume and wish it would replace the current comics one.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This was so stupidly fun. I loved it.

Incredible Member

In my head-canon, this is the DCAU timeline continued if Tim hadn't shot and killed Joker. (Likewise with Justice League Doom, Batman/Superman, and JLA Trapped in Time.)

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    And toy cash-in or not, I really effing like that Red Robin costume and wish it would replace the current comics one.
    It is really good. He doesn't look too much like Dr. Midnight or a Vegas Showgirl.
    On the other hand, Nightwing looks awful.

Did Penguins plan even make sense? I really didn't understand that.

BANNED

The movie was nicely done but Nightwing came up a little too harsh on flash,almost like wally west fans when barry came back in final crisis and rebirth

Incredible Member

Where's Batgirl?

Oh wait - there ain't no "gurlz" allowed in the boys' action figure aisle.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Where's Batgirl?

Well if that's the case think I'll move along. Batgirl's an integral part of the Bat Family in my opinion.
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Is the robot dog beside Batman suppose to be Ace?

Astonishing Member

Where's Batgirl?

Funny thing.

Went to Target this week and was surprised that the only female action figures on deck were a singular AoU Scarlet Witch, Ultimate Spider-Woman of all people and a tiny little Black Cat.

Surprisingly, they had both a blue and grey furred Beast, Wonderman and I kid you not, Death's Head.

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out with DC's new initiative to bring in young girls. They should have tons of merchandising.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I have yet to get to it, but Will Friedle is always quality as a relatable, youthful, somewhat jovial (but able to turn on the serious voice) portrayal.

Will Friedle is a great talent, he also has voiced Blue Beetle (Brave and the Bold) and Deadpool (Ultimate Spider-Man).

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    In my head-canon, this is the DCAU timeline continued if Tim hadn't shot and killed Joker. (Likewise with Justice League Doom, Batman/Superman, and JLA Trapped in Time.)
    I could see that, maybe if Trapped in Time happened first so that was Tim as Robin before graduating as Red Robin. But why JL: Doom? And what about Crisis on Two Earths?

It is really good. He doesn't look too much like Dr. Midnight or a Vegas Showgirl.
    Yeah, Nightwing's not looking great, which is weird because usually it's a Red Robin costume that is hard to get good and Nightwing's usually easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
    Did Penguins plan even make sense? I really didn't understand that.
    Crash a gold-rich meteor into the city, killing everyone while he's protected by the forcefield, use the army of robots to quickly recover all that space gold, and then assumedly escape to a country with no extradition treaty with the US. Finally retire as like a billionaire. A mass murdering billionaire.
    Makes sense to me. Also might make him the most menacing and dangerous version of Penguin ever when you think about it.

Where's Batgirl?

Actually there's a good chance, according to interviews, that Batgirl or some other female heroes will be included in future installments.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is the robot dog beside Batman suppose to be Ace?
    It's more of just an Easter egg for us fans I think.

Incredible Member

Sounds good, will have to get it.

Extraordinary Member

Watched it. Liked it. Tone was kind of like an odd throwback to early BTAS with the setting of Batman Beyond. Penguin was a little one dimensional, but that dimension did include a strong reasoning for him being the way he is. Nightwing and Friedle are a perfect match; seriously, they need to keep that casting in some upcoming movie and let him handle the character.

Did anybody else think this movie almost looked like its Green Arrow was just an older version of the one from the DC Nation shorts?

And as a Tim fanboy, it's so good to see him with an awkward, geeky sense of humor, cowl, and bo staff. And he acted like Tim in the Red Robin series, albeit still predominantly as a sidekick.

Speaking of girls, I'd love it of we got to see multiple Batgirls all stat-maxed in the next one.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Where's Batgirl?

Marvel has a ton of female action figures out right now

-AOU Scarlett Witch
    -3;75 Black Cat
    -Spider Girl
    -Spider Woman
    -Ultimate Spider Woman
    -Maria Hill
    -Hellcat

All these are easy to find.

Wow, for a "toy grab" that was surprisingly well done. I liked it more than Batman vs Robin. considerably more actually. I'd love to see a cartoon series from this that would have more time to explore the characters secret identities and relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I actually love this costume. My only complaint is the red instead of the blue. The bird symbol isn't used nearly enough, the waist strip helped break up the costume, and while I'd much prefer finger stripes, I though the hoops on his arms looked good. I also like more of his face covered like in this cartoon, but I understand the love of the domino mask.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Watched it. Liked it. Tone was kind of like an odd throwback to early BTAS with the setting of Batman Beyond. Penguin was a little one dimensional, but that dimension did include a strong reasoning for him being the way he is. Nightwing and Friedle are a perfect match; seriously, they need to keep that casting in some upcoming movie and let him handle the character.

Did anybody else think this movie almost looked like its Green Arrow was just an older version of the one from the DC Nation shorts?

And as a Tim fanboy, it's so good to see him with an awkward, geeky sense of humor, cowl, and bo staff. And he acted like Tim in the Red Robin series, albeit still predominantly as a sidekick.

Speaking of girls, I'd love it of we got to see multiple Batgirls all stat-maxed in the next one.
    Tim in this was great. Personally I could have used a little bit more intelligence from him, he came off a bit dumbfounded sometimes. I also could have gone for a bit more humor from Nightwing, who felt a tad too serious at times. Overall though, this was surprising good characterization for both of them.