Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

That guy thinks the multiverse is exclusive to DC? hahahaha.

Astonishing Member

Esad Ribic is drawing Secret War so winner winner chicken dinner for Marvel

I've always thought that Marvel's infinite multiverse was a lot more sensible than DC's constant attempts to box in the multiverse.

Seriously, 52 worlds? Why? What is the point of that?

Ironically, it seems like Convergence is more similar to the original Secret Wars, with Brainiac/Beyonder forcing everybody to fight each other, whereas Secret Wars 2015 is taking a much more complex look at a similar setup.

Ultimate Member

I haven't enjoyed Convergence at all (and that's coming from a person that has no problems with company wide events).

Secret Wars is much more interesting.

Fearless Defender

Convergence is fine in theory, but the majority of tie ins are just terrible, but it's too early to tell tell for Secret Wars but so far so good

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I read very little DC, and have read none of Convergence so I wont comment on which is better.

Seems very strange that someone would accuse Marvel of ripping of DC in this instance though. Hickman has been building up to SW for a few years now and the Universe has existed for much longer than that.

Fantastic Member

Convergence is a hot mess for most part, but it is less confusing than Secret Wars.

Anyway, reboot (hard or soft) sucks most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    . . . Seems very strange that someone would accuse Marvel of ripping of DC in this instance though. Hickman has been building up to SW for a few years now and the Universe has existed for much longer than that.
    On the other hand, the idea of a multiverse was introduced in DC comics even before Hickman was born.

Flash #123 = cover date September 1961

Jonathan Hickman = Born: September 3, 1972

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    On the other hand, the idea of a multiverse was introduced in DC comics even before Hickman was born.

But DC didn't invent the concept of a parallel Earth. It's existed in some form or other for thousands of years.

So was DC ripping the idea off? If so, then Marvel's simply doing the same thing.

DC has no claim whatsoever on the concept of the Multiverse.

SW 2>>>> Any convergence issue
    (main story ofc)
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Convergence technically wins for me if only because it's only two months long and it at least serves as a hold over event until DC moves to its new location. Also, none of the DC comics' storylines are getting derailed or dragged into Convergence abruptly. Secret Wars seems to be going on and on at this point and worse of all, it derails almost every single comic Marvel has for its event.

Also: If you don't enjoy Convergence, at least it's only two months. Secret Wars? If you don't like that, say goodbye to Marvel comics for the summer and maybe even further beyond that.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Well, as I said, I haven't read it and the synopsis didn't say anything about other earths, rather about a hero named Zenith whose 15 minutes of fame. Guess I should've looked a bit more into it. As a matter of fact I may track it down as I like alternate reality stories.
    It's really good. Particularly Phase Three.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So far I like Convergence more as everyone is aware that something ain't right while Secret Wars seems to be conveniently erasing everyone's memories or outright replacing them with AU's.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Convergence for me has been a bore fest. To be quite honest, it's not worth it to me to invest long term in ANY DC book since they destroy their multiverse every 5-10 years. Also, as crazy as it sounds, the brief period of time in DC history known as "Flashpoint" was my favorite event / alternate reality. So if some Flashpoint centric book comes out of this then fine. I WILL pick that up. But so far, it's just a bunch of heroes from various realms fighting each other.

Secret Wars I'm still trying to figure out but suffice it to say, after reading issue #0, #1 and todays #2... I'm not really impressed with Hickman. I'm just dialing it in as a comic book fan right now and pretty much am purchasing this because of how big its supposed to be but really so far it's a challenge for me. I think I may be caught in a situation where I haven't really read his Fantastic Four, Avengers or New Avengers stuff so I kinda again feel no emotional investment in what's going on. I'll give it to #3 to see how I feel. That said, I think SW is better then Convergence.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

He is Jonathan Hickman? I would fall for him in an instant!!!