Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Mythic #1

Science is a lie, an opiate for the masses. The truth is, magic makes the world go 'round. And when magic breaks, MYTHIC fixes it. Apache shaman Waterson, Greek immortal Cassandra, and cell phone salesman Nate Jayadarma are the crack field team assigned with keeping the gears of the supernatural world turning, and more importantly, keeping you from ever knowing about it. Join Eisner nominee PHIL HESTER (Green Arrow, The Coffin) and Eisner winner JOHN McCREA (Hitman, The Boys) on their latest expedition to the dark heart of weird comics.

Full preview here.

Doesn't look like something that is for me. This I probably will pass on.

Amazing Member

Going to give this one an arc to see if it's worth keeping. Seems interesting enough but previews can be deceiving in both directions.

I like this preview quite a bit. I'll check this one out.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Another indie title I'd love to check out, but will probably just trade-wait it. Maybe not even that. I mean, it isn't even really that money is the main concern, though it is a factor, but SPACE. So little space... And more space costs money! WTH!?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Not hooked by the preview, but Hester generally puts out good work. I'll give him an arc just based on past performance.

All-New Member

I just finished the full issue and really enjoyed it. The book reads like a fun mash up of X-Files, Men in Black and Neil Gaiman's Sandman. I highly recommend everyone check it out!