Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

To some degree, DC has hinted something like this might be on the horizon. The end of Superman Convergence suggests that married Lois and Clark and their baby might still be out there somewhere and have a future. And I don't remember where exactly but character commented on their being more than one multiverse (however that's supposed to work). Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that's the impression that I got.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    To some degree, DC has hinted something like this might be on the horizon. The end of Superman Convergence suggests that married Lois and Clark and their baby might still be out there somewhere and have a future. And I don't remember where exactly but character commented on their being more than one multiverse
    I think it was that dark demon-thing(leader of The Gentry?) in MULTIVERSITY #2 ...I recall it referring to the pre-Flashpoint Multiverse(?) as its 'previous victim'.

Moreover, the New52 Multiverse in general has been referred to as "the local Multiverse"(implying at least the existence of the wider non-DC Omniverse) in MULTIVERSITY as well.
    Last edited by ArachKing05; 05-12-2015 at 08:46 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

My best case scenario for the Post-CONVERGENCE status quo on DC continuity is that EVERY parallel world and timeline ever depicted in DC's comics from the beginning of the company will be open and available for use, BUT, the caveat there is even if that's the case, possibly nobody will be interested in using most of it much of the time. It will be nice if the writers CAN, but it doesn't mean they WILL.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I kind of think nothing will change except a couple of storied from the past get resolved and like Buried Alien says all timelines open for use but they probably wont be used that often.
    My Twitter is HERE.
    My Website is HERE.
    “If you're alive, kick into drive. Chase whimsies. See if you can turn dreams into a way to make a living, if not an entire way of life.”
    ― Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    My best case scenario for the Post-CONVERGENCE status quo on DC continuity is that EVERY parallel world and timeline ever depicted in DC's comics from the beginning of the company will be open and available for use, BUT, the caveat there is even if that's the case, possibly nobody will be interested in using most of it much of the time. It will be nice if the writers CAN, but it doesn't mean they WILL.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Sorta like how Marvel used to be?

Amazing Member

The Multiversity Guidebook was really the first time the multiverse has ever been officially cataloged.

So now that we actually have something that future writers can use as a reference guide, maybe we shouldn't immediately invalidate it by playing musical chairs with the Earths and renumbering them all.

In 15 years, maybe. But now is not the time.

BANNED

To some degree, DC has hinted something like this might be on the horizon. The end of Superman Convergence suggests that married Lois and Clark and their baby might still be out there somewhere and have a future. And I don't remember where exactly but character commented on their being more than one multiverse (however that's supposed to work). Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that's the impression that I got.
    Wait a minute...what if the new 52 Superboy, the one before/after Conner, what if that baby of Superman and Lois Lane is the one from Convergence ?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    My best case scenario for the Post-CONVERGENCE status quo on DC continuity is that EVERY parallel world and timeline ever depicted in DC's comics from the beginning of the company will be open and available for use
    That would be the best case scenario. Anything so I can find something by DC to read that isn't New 52.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by ArachKing05;1188002
    Moreover, the New52 Multiverse in general has been referred to as "the [b
    local[/b] Multiverse"(implying at least the existence of the wider non-DC Omniverse) in MULTIVERSITY as well.
    THAT was what I was referring to. The "local Multiverse" statement. Implying there are more out there that are not immediately known or accessible. Plus, why give Superman and Lois a kid if you are just going to wipe them out anyway. I think they've got something waiting in the wings that they are only dropping hints about.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

We have a set Multiverse. That is not going to change.

DC is not going to pour all that effort into making Multiversity and all the worlds there in, then chuck it out the window.

Sorry, not going to happen.

The best you can hope for is the Convergence World sticking around filled with all those alternate timeline characters. Maybe the idea of a larger Multiverse outside the 52 Earths. The latter doesn't really do much for me. We're not going to get Golden or Silver Age comics coming back to the publishing line. I don't even see DC releasing Post-Crisis comics (even though there would be a definite market out there for those.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 05-13-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    We have a set Multiverse. That is not going to change.

DC is not going to pour all that effort into making Multiversity and all the worlds there in, then chuck it out the window.

Sorry, not going to happen.

The best you can hope for is the Convergence World sticking around filled with all those alternate timeline characters.
    DC knew they were stirring up a hornet's nest when they brought back all these previous characters. Especially if they are going to give the previous Superman a kid. Why do that unless they planned to do something with it? He has a kid only to have reality turn around and knock about ten years off his age and wipe out his entire family? What is the point of that? It's not really a "happy ending".

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    DC should/could be making this so much easier in the long run.... return the "original" Multiverse.

SOme tweaks would be required, but this is really what's needed to simplify everything, respect old and new readers...

Convergence ends-- boom! The real Multiverse is back.

Earth 0= Post Crisis Earth (it's the most cluttered, since it was the compression of the MUltiverse in COIE-- therefore it makes sens for it to be the "original" Earth... we get Perez Wonder Woman, etc...

Earth 1= Silver/Bronze Age Earth One.
    Earth 2= Golden Age Earth Two
    Earth 3= Crime Syndicate
    Earth 4= Thunder World (Shazam)
    Earth 5= Flashpoint Earth
    etc
    etc
    Earth 22= Kingdom Come Earth
    etc
    etc
    Earth 52= Nu52

Fill in the other Earths with whatever Elseworlds etc you want...

If DC wants to then focus on Earth 52 (nu52) then fine-- but at some point we can cross over to the other Earths/continuities.

Matt
    Unless my math is off, wouldn't this Multiverse model result in 53 Earths? I thought DC was still bull-headed on sticking with 52 Earths only.

BANNED

DC knew they were stirring up a hornet's nest when they brought back all these previous characters. Especially if they are going to give the previous Superman a kid. Why do that unless they planned to do something with it? He has a kid only to have reality turn around and knock about ten years off his age and wipe out his entire family? What is the point of that? It's not really a "happy ending".
    Why do they have to do something with it beyond the boundaries of the story they are telling now?

How boring would the two issues be if nothing happens or had happened in them and nothing had happened in the year they were in the dome?

For that matter, why does it have to be a happy ending?

Why can't Convergence just be a thing they do for the two months, and then we go back to the regular universe afterwards?

It can be. But it can also be something more. I'd rather it be something more, just as you apparently would rather it be inconsequential.

And by going beyond the boundaries of the stories that they're telling now, they open the doors for a wider readership — not just older fans who were turned off by the New 52, but also potential new fans who were turned off by the New 52.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Why do they have to do something with it beyond the boundaries of the story they are telling now?

How boring would the two issues be if nothing happens or had happened in them and nothing had happened in the year they were in the dome?

For that matter, why does it have to be a happy ending?

Why can't Convergence just be a thing they do for the two months, and then we go back to the regular universe afterwards?
    Seems kind of pointless to give him a kid only to take it away.