Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Here is a story about one of the largest art heists in history. It happened in 2010.

2010 Art Heist at Paris Museum of Modern Art

Tell me again how it's impossible for her to be a thief because of modern security measures. Show me a 50 foot fence and I'll show you a 55 foot ladder. Show me an uncrackable safe and I'll show you 5 guys that can crack it. Mankind is nothing if it isn't solving "unsolvable" problems.
    QFT. 10 Char.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

What you mean Space Todd isn't having them lining up at the comic book stores? You think they got the idea for sticking him in space after watching Jason X?

Perhaps the best option for these characters is the "bundle" method. Just shove their butts together in one title and hope the writer can at least make one of them interesting enough to keep the whole thing from sinking.

"Ex Robins": the angsty adventures of Tim, Dick, and Jason.
    "Batgirls R Us" : the angsty adventures of Babs, Steph, Cassie, and might as well stick Harper in there too.
    Birds of Prey: Instead of Batgirl pair Batwoman with Canary and Huntress (this should be a more adult book (ie. less angsty)).
    Make Eternal an ongoing and use that for all the supporting cast members to be angsty with each other so I don't have to see it in Batman and Detective.
    Have one title devoted to Bat villains (kind of like how early shadow of the bat was)
    If there sticking with the Selina mafia queen thing, then they should cancel Catwoman and stick her in the Batvillains book.

Heh, I'm going to call him "Space'n Todd" from now on.

Spectacular Member

Gotham City Sirens

Harley is brilliant and has regularly had Ivy in her series so far, Catwoman can get cancelled and then if this succeeds they can launch her again out of it?

13.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vil_Dee View Post
    What you mean Space Todd isn't having them lining up at the comic book stores? You think they got the idea for sticking him in space after watching Jason X?

Perhaps the best option for these characters is the "bundle" method. Just shove their butts together in one title and hope the writer can at least make one of them interesting enough to keep the whole thing from sinking.

"Ex Robins": the angsty adventures of Tim, Dick, and Jason.
    "Batgirls R Us" : the angsty adventures of Babs, Steph, Cassie, and might as well stick Harper in there too.
    Birds of Prey: Instead of Batgirl pair Batwoman with Canary and Huntress (this should be a more adult book (ie. less angsty)).
    Make Eternal an ongoing and use that for all the supporting cast members to be angsty with each other so I don't have to see it in Batman and Detective.
    Have one title devoted to Bat villains (kind of like how early shadow of the bat was)
    If there sticking with the Selina mafia queen thing, then they should cancel Catwoman and stick her in the Batvillains book.
    I like the idea of a monthly title devoted to Dick, Jason, and Damian having adventures, together as well as individually. Tim should become crippled and be the next Oracle, sending them the info they need to get in and kick proper butt.

Fantastic Member

My ideas for the Batman line:

Batman: I think its safe to say this is a sure bet. It will stay.

Detective: Same as Batman

Grayson: I think it will stay as long as Seeley and Janin stay on. If the creative team changes, I think it could be in danger.

Red Hood: I honestly loved the book at the beginning when Lobdell was writing it, but Tynion changed the dynamics so much. I dropped it. Lobdell may bring some energy back to the title. I just wonder if it's too late to save it. I will say that DC will keep it going probably.

Catwoman: I think we will see a relaunch with a new creative team and purpose. I like the idea of her being a crime boss. Perhaps make this title a villains title where she has to interact with the criminal element in Gotham on a regular basis.

Batgirl: It's safe. I don't think this title is in danger.

Batwoman: I worry about this book. It's not an A list character and it is almost a duplicate of the Batgirl book. Do we really need 2 redheads with Bat in their name? I see DC keeping Batgirl over this one. It would be a mistake though because Kate is such an amazing character. I don't think it will last the year.

Batman and Robin: This title is a no brainer. It's safe.

Harley Quinn: It's very SAFE! This title has probably surprised DC. They will keep it and the creative team at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb and say that they are hoping to use Eternal to launch a Red Robin solo and a reinvigorated Catwoman. They may also may try a new group book to replace Birds of Prey, although I am not sure who would be in it (too many candidates, not too few).

What does everyone else think?
    That's what I'm hoping for, at least. The New 52 Red Robin and Catwoman need a lot of work, and using Eternal to bring them back into focus with new directions would be ideal. If handled with care, Selina as Gotham's new kingpin could certainly become the best thing they've done with her since, what, the Brubaker relaunch? Batman #28 had my hopes up, hope they deliver. Just please ignore both characters' origins from the zero issues...

And while I think at the moment a Black Canary ongoing would work better than a Birds of Prey relaunch, if and when they do it I would like it to be a back to basis approach starring Dinah and Batgirl only given that Huntress is out of the question right now and none of the new team members introduced ever really worked.

Ultimate Member

Starling and Poison Ivy worked while they were there. The problem was that Ivy was removed prematurely and Starling's exit was just stupid and nonsensical. Strix's is a decent character as well.

Snyder tweeted the following earlier today, "There are some daring, amazing books coming in the bat-line this fall. Look for announcements really soon! Proud to be in Gotham alongside"

Any predictions?

-Batman: It's DC's #1 top selling comic for the each month basically, expecting no changes at all nor am I wanting any. Won't ever cancel just cause of the name of it alone.

-Detective: New team is doing well so far, expecting no major changes at the moment. Just like Batman this title wont ever cancel.

-Grayson: The future for this title is uncertain though I don't expect this to last longer than two years cause of the changes they made to Dick Grayson.

-Red Hood: I honestly believe it's one of top Bat titles that should be canceled, it's not been a great successful series as a whole and the creative team changes makes you think DC doesn't know what to do with Jason Todd & Gang. Realistically it won't be canceled anytime soon unless new Unannounced Bat titles start getting appearing.

-Catwoman: It's in desperate need of a new creative team, everything about this title & character needs major TLC work. I don't think DC will cancel this series but I do expect major changes coming by the end of the year.

-Batgirl: I say it's a pretty okay decent title, nothing really bad to report, expecting no changes or cancelation.

-Batwoman: Time for this title to go, I dropped it over the whole situation with the original creative team and ever since they left all I hear is it's quality tanked. Personally I think the character can live on in another series like Eternal or Detective again. Realistically it's first in line of Bat titles to be canceled and it'll probably happen by end of this year or beginning of next's.

-Batman and Robin: Story is really starting to pick up right now, and Robin should returning rather soon! Easily this title & team is sticking around for awhile.

-Harley Quinn: Rather new title that's been really in the spotlight from the very beginning, I can see this lasting quite awhile as long as the creative team stays.

-Batman Eternal: For a weekly it's pretty darn decent so far, though once this series hits it stride this weekly title could very well be the one to stay permanently and be the Bat book that could take on all of our favorite characters in the Batman universe.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Snyder tweeted the following earlier today, "There are some daring, amazing books coming in the bat-line this fall. Look for announcements really soon! Proud to be in Gotham alongside"

Any predictions?
    Red Robin, Gotham City Sirens, Gotham Central comics are my guesses.