Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post

All my yes. Catwoman has always struck me as one of the morally gray characters anyway. I wouldn't have her pulling jobs for wealthy clients so much as picking her own targets. This is where we can have her toe that moral line: which targets does she pick? Maybe she only steals from mob bosses/ crime lords/ super villains? Maybe she just draws the line at never stealing from people don't deserve it? Maybe she becomes a Robin Hood character through this, stealing from the rich to give to the poor (which is somewhat reminiscent of Hathaway's TDKR)? Actually, Catwoman as Oceans 11 meets Mission Impossible meets Robin Hood would be my pick for a Catwoman direction.
    She shouldn't steal from those who don't have much because that wouldn't be an efficient use of her time.

Actually looks like Ann is getting into it a bit with Race of Thieves. If they don't replace her, she needs a co writer for the dialogue and structuring. Otherwise, she has a lot of neat ideas recently (like bitcoin). It's just all over the place and her editrix Rachel doesn't seem to do much editing.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    This. I prefer it over Queenpin, frankly.

This was what Winick promised but boy was that a disaster. It was the opposite of sexy. Just pure trash in its execution. March is a great artist but he wouldn't be what I'd choose for this book. I want Yanick Paquette.

For me, Selina should always be classy and upmarket, not some two bit pickpocket and DEFINITELY not protector of mole people in the Gotham Underground (I'm looking at you Tim Seeley)
    Yeah that mention in Batman Eternal about the Gotham Underground made me groan - can we just ignore that terrible story-arc? I like Guillem March for Catwoman - but he doesn't stick around long enough. Yanick Paquette would be incredible (and he was up to do Catwoman before in the early Aughts before Cooke/Brubaker took over the title) but I don't see it happening.

I want fresh blood on Catwoman that will not only reinvigorate the title but reinvent the wheel a bit. In the vein of what Blackman/Williams III did with Batwoman - or even what Cooke/Brubaker did with Catwoman before. Something different and interesting. Catwoman deserves it.

I don't mind the Queenpin direction as long as they take it to another level and has her returning to the Goggles sooner than later. I like a new status-quo.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 05-24-2014 at 07:20 AM. Reason: meow.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

BANNED

Enough jokes with Catwoman. I want her to be a pure villain form now on. I want her to kill her enemies without a single hesitation. Enough with Catwoman the schoolgirl.

Ultimate Member

Then you immediately take away what really makes her interesting. Talia already suffered this fate, I have no desire to see Selina fall victim to it as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    Yeah that mention in Batman Eternal about the Gotham Underground made me groan - can we just ignore that terrible story-arc? I like Guillem March for Catwoman - but he doesn't stick around long enough. Yanick Paquette would be incredible (and he was up to do Catwoman before in the early Aughts before Cooke/Brubaker took over the title) but I don't see it happening.
    Hey you! Glad to see you around again it's a pity they nuked our old Catwoman thread. I don't recognize the posters there anymore. Haven't seen Tickle around much either. But yeah I know Paquette is a pipe dream at this point since he's working on that other woman's book. As for Eternal, I passed on it because of that. Maybe next time.

I want fresh blood on Catwoman that will not only reinvigorate the title but reinvent the wheel a bit. In the vein of what Blackman/Williams III did with Batwoman - or even what Cooke/Brubaker did with Catwoman before. Something different and interesting. Catwoman deserves it.

I don't mind the Queenpin direction as long as they take it to another level and has her returning to the Goggles sooner than later. I like a new status-quo.
    I'd like her to stay out of costume for a while, but only if they give her an interesting wardrobe like Tim Sale did for When in Rome. She totally needs a new hairdo. I liked the look that Dustin gave her in Batman 28. The overgrown pixie she sports in her book is terrible. Her hair looks like Sonic the Hedgehog's now. I somehow doubt we'll get a new creative team. I suspect this change in status quo isn't really what it's made out to be ("increase her stature", my ass). Whatever their motives, I'll take comfort in the fact that Marvel is clobbering DC at pretty much everything. Catwoman's revenge for nu52 so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Bat007007 View Post
    Enough jokes with Catwoman. I want her to be a pure villain form now on. I want her to kill her enemies without a single hesitation. Enough with Catwoman the schoolgirl.
    She should grow a mustache while she's at it, no?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Then you immediately take away what really makes her interesting. Talia already suffered this fate, I have no desire to see Selina fall victim to it as well.
    But you forget the fun factor here. It would be so much fun to see how Batman deals with an out of control Selina and we know how Batman deals with his enemies. Gotham general hospital or whatever its called here we go.

FYI to all -- Any blatantly antagonistic posts will be deleted.

Really? I'm the only person that thinks we're going to get a Batman&Inc. style title after they cancel Batwing and BoP? I mean Damian will be back before summer is over, so Batman&_____ is going to be the Damian show again. There are a lot of Batman Inc. members that don't have anywhere to appear now, and if they cancel two Batman Line titles, you can bet we'll get another book featuring Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Really? I'm the only person that thinks we're going to get a Batman&Inc. style title after they cancel Batwing and BoP? I mean Damian will be back before summer is over, so Batman&_____ is going to be the Damian show again. There are a lot of Batman Inc. members that don't have anywhere to appear now, and if they cancel two Batman Line titles, you can bet we'll get another book featuring Batman.
    Is this known for certain yet? I'd love to have Damian back, but I haven't found any official news yet.

I think that Catwoman will get a new creative team and direction after Eternal (same with Red Hood). I don't see Batwoman getting canceled any time soon, especially since she's one of the only LGBT characters with a solo right now (the only other one I can think of is Constantine). I could see Tomasi leaving Batman and Robin and returning to editing once the new Robin is introduced. Everything else is probably safe.
    Formerly Doctor Malekith.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I'll take a stab at it. I think the success of Eternal will lead to an almost ongoing Bat weekly with 2-3 month breaks in between. Why not? As long as Batman is in it then it will sell 50,000 copies a week. That's where I think you will find Batwing, Batwoman and Jason Todd after their books get canceled.
    So...

(1) Batman - Snyder and Capullo are signed through #50. I would imagine DC will do everything they can to keep them, but with Marts on X-Men that siren song may start for Snyder. If he leaves there is no one else currently at DC I trust to write the title. The only people "big" enough would be one of Marvel's big 2, Brian K. Vaughan (not happening) or Robert Kirkman (not happening). We might end up with Geoff Johns at that point.

(2) Detective - I think Manupal and Buccellato will be on the title for awhile

(3) Batman and Robin - I think the return of Damian will reinvigorate the title, but Tomasi may be done after Robin Rises. I hope not because I like the creative team of Tomasi and Gleason

(4) Batman Eternal - Will take a break during the Crisis event next year and then have 8 more issues (2 months). Assuming the Crisis event lasts through the usual September one-shots that will take it to the end of 2015. I would guess they would then relaunch it in April/May 2016 in time for the Superman/Batman movie

(5) Catwoman - I think that will be canceled after this story arc and relaunched with new creative after Eternal wraps up...so May/June 2016. I think that she will continue to be the crime boss persona. As to why Bruce will leave her alone - there will always be mob in Gotham so why not leave it to someone he at least knows and has a connection with?

(6) RHATO - I give it until the end of the year. I think they then return Jason to his roots in Gotham and maybe make him a more brutal vigilante that has constant trouble with Bruce. Personally, I would like to see him be a "villain" in that he comes back to Gotham and tries to take over the underworld from Selina

(7) Red Robin - I think Tim gets a miniseries at some point in 2015 if the Teen Titans relaunch is halfway successful

Catwoman is LGBT? I was unaware.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Catwoman is LGBT? I was unaware.
    Are you talking about SpOck's post? He said that Batwoman was LGBT, not Catwoman.

Ah. Yes. I see that know. Never had cause to think about how close those names are.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is this known for certain yet? I'd love to have Damian back, but I haven't found any official news yet.
    Starting in July Batman and will become Batman and Robin again, and there will be 2 Robin Rises books coming out-one in July, the other in December. That is when Robin will actually return. Tomasi said there really will be a Robin, he's just not saying if it will be Damian or someone else under the mask. As for Catwoman, cancel her series, and if Grayson works, have her partner with Dick and Helena. She could be a permanent thief and steal stuff for Spyral!