Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by earl View Post
    This was just a dumb change. That whole Red Robin moniker was goofy considering the restaurant chain already being out there.
    A chain that has very little penetration in the continental USA. More people have probably heard of Big Belly Burgers than know that Red Robin is also the name of a restaurant chain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post
    Hahah I've been around for a little bit. I know some of the stuff that you like Chips, and not all of Eternal is rehashing Selina's current ongoing. There really building out her relationship with Carmine Falcone - maybe think about getting in to Eternal?

I'll admit that Pat Olliffe has taken her hair to a whole other level of spike-ness, so I agree. Not all artists can get it right. But, be positive! With the moves that Snyder's making in Eternal - DC should be thinking of getting a new creative team for her solo book.

I don't think they have to cancel and relaunch her series for the new creative team to take over. Look at Detective.

I'm sure that this weekly structure will be an ongoing effort from DC - especially for the Bat-verse, but I don't see them rehashing a Volume 2 of Eternal. But creating a new Batman-themed Weekly. Maybe Batman/Superman. We'll see.
    I'm totally disgusted with DC Comics' treatment of Catwoman and the never ending bait and switch. Not giving them any money. Sorry.

BANNED

Catwoman sucks anyway

In today's world, she wouldn't be able to rob anything.

Ultimate Member

In today's world no one would be able to keep a secret identity either, but DC still does it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neowing View Post
    Catwoman sucks anyway

Thanks for proving my point. That's what happens when you underinvest in a character and embroil her in stupid melodramas instead of building up/updating her skills

BANNED

Catwoman sucks anyway

I like you. I really do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat007007 View Post
    I like you. I really do.
    I love you to random person.

BANNED

I love you to random person.
    No dude I was not sarcastic towards you. I also think Catwoman sucks and should get on the sidelines more often meaning getting away from Batman as far as she can. And they should cancel her book because it sucks just like her.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post

I don't think they have to cancel and relaunch her series for the new creative team to take over. Look at Detective.
    Catwoman is not Detective. Detective has been renumbered once in 75 years and probably won't be again until everything starts at #1 again. It's one of the flagship titles of the company. I would suspect Catwoman may be renumbered 4-5 times before we see Detective get renumbered again. I think it would be a good idea just to start fresh after Nocenti. With what Marvel is doing (renumbering #1s) it seems to be the wave of the future for secondary books

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat007007 View Post
    No dude I was not sarcastic towards you. I also think Catwoman sucks and should get on the sidelines more often meaning getting away from Batman as far as she can. And they should cancel her book because it sucks just like her.
    Yeah I agree. What Catwoman does isn't just believable anymore, shes outdated and should either be ditched or fixed. There are also better characters who deserve a book way more than her.

BANNED

Yeah I agree. What Catwoman does isn't just believable anymore, shes outdated and should either be ditched or fixed. There are also better characters who deserve a book way more than her.
    Zatanna should get her own book. She NEEDS another big push and deserves it.

Making Selina a crime boss is the right way to go I think. She is going to be more relevant in that role than just being a schoolgirl in need for Batman's attention.

What Catwoman does isn't just believable anymore...
    This isn't a issue. Come on now. If this is a thing the lookout Batman, Superman, and we'll every other superhero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This isn't a issue. Come on now. If this is a thing the lookout Batman, Superman, and we'll every other superhero.
    Catwoman takes it to the extreme!

Your right but she still (for other reasons) sucks.

Catwoman takes it to the extreme!

Your right but she still (for other reasons) sucks.
    Here is a story about one of the largest art heists in history. It happened in 2010.

2010 Art Heist at Paris Museum of Modern Art

Tell me again how it's impossible for her to be a thief because of modern security measures. Show me a 50 foot fence and I'll show you a 55 foot ladder. Show me an uncrackable safe and I'll show you 5 guys that can crack it. Mankind is nothing if it isn't solving "unsolvable" problems.

Extraordinary Member

The only solid prediction I have concerns Batman Eternal and the possible impact of a weekly in the modern market.

If Eternal continues to sell like hotcakes and comes out on top of most issues and demonstrates week-to-week strength, we might see weeklies become a regular thing, or at least the kind of "TV show" format they evoke. Mostly in terms of story construction; one "show-runner" style of lead writer and a well organized team of writers and illustrators. It's basically just the 1990's formula for stuff like No Man's Land refined.