Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default SECRET WARS #2 Spoilers

Ok...

This is crazy...

So, we get to see that Doom rules this world (and he is considered "God")... And that we have a lot of "royalty" characters (barons and baroness, and ladies, etc).

The rulers of this place is Dr. Doom, Sue Storm, King Thor/Odin, Valeria Richards, James Braddock and Dr. Strange and the Thors are the cops from this place.

We see a fight between two Barons...

Sue has a little power of persuasion over Doom, in terms of decisions...

From what I saw, Strange is the one controlling the religion aspects of this world and Val is the science idealist...

We saw other places, including the one with zombies and ultron...

The last pages are the best ones... The life raft of the Maker arrives with the Cabal and we see the first mention to this place being called Battleworld

P.S. King Thor died :S

P.S.2 We have many references to the places of this world and who "rules" each place...
    Last edited by NunoTaborda; 05-13-2015 at 09:33 AM.

So it's a set up issue?

Also, the last three territories are all Dr. Doom territories. Disappointed on that front.

Mighty Member

Do people retain their old memories? If not, why not? Is it confirmed that at least portions of this world have been in place for a long time?
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Do people retain their old memories? If not, why not? Is it confirmed that at least portions of this world have been in place for a long time?
    Their memories are all "brand new", except from the ones coming on the raft...

Whoever created this world (I'm assuming it was Doom or the Beyonders with their scientific experiences) gave new memories to everyone living in this world...

This place seems like it exists for a long time... But it might be cause of the new memories...

Seems to follow House of M, the first few issues there were mostly setup as well.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Seems to follow House of M, the first few issues there were mostly setup as well.
    haven't we had 3 years of set up for this though?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    So it's a set up issue?
    So no set up would be better then.

Just .. start in the middle and let everyone guess what all the character motivations are and what the plot points mean?

In the better serial comics: Every issue is a setup. AND stuff happens. It's possible to do both.
    Last edited by Von; 05-16-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NunoTaborda View Post
    The rulers of this place is Dr. Doom, Sue Storm, Odin, Valeria Richards, James Braddock and Dr. Strange and the Thors are the cops from this place.
    I didn't see Odin. Just because the apparent leader of the Thors had one eye doesn't mean it's Odin, could be King Thor or just some random Thor with that feature.

The naming of Doom as the All-Father sitting in Yggdrasil makes me want to know just how Doom managed to usurp the real Odin's power before Odin and Asgardia were destroyed in the Incursions.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I didn't see Odin. Just because the apparent leader of the Thors had one eye doesn't mean it's Odin, could be King Thor or just some random Thor with that feature.

The naming of Doom as the All-Father sitting in Yggdrasil makes me want to know just how Doom managed to usurp the real Odin's power before Odin and Asgardia were destroyed in the Incursions.
    If he has the power of the Beyonders then he probably just took it.

BANNED

it also revealed that the Maker (ult. reed) is not as smart as we think he is...he had to steel 616 illuminati's plans for the raft

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    it also revealed that the Maker (ult. reed) is not as smart as we think he is...he had to steel 616 illuminati's plans for the raft

It's the same idea, but he didn't steal it. He hasn't even met the Illuminati, and they would have explicitly stated he did if that was the case. No idea where you're getting this from.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    It's the same idea, but he didn't steal it. He hasn't even met the Illuminati, and they would have explicitly stated he did if that was the case. No idea where you're getting this from.
    i think maximus stole the plans..look at the page where u reed is talking to maximus
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Pretty sure he's getting it from the following panel, in which ult-Reed explicitly says Maximus stole the design for the raft (from 616-Reed & T'Challa, obviously).

"But we're alive, so the design you stole worked."

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

No, I think he stole it. He said something to Thanos about stealing and Ultimate Reed (Maker) has been inside of Reed's lab (Cataclysim). I'm pretty sure he's been spying on them for a while.
    Mark Allen Chi