Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    does that really matter though? he is certainly the god of it.
    It does though. Folks are projecting "Doom made X like Y" when all we really know is that Doom is the ruler of this world, and his subjects *believe* that he created it. A belief that we're shown needs to be actively maintained by quarantines and the like. If Doom were really the all powerful creator of this world, that wouldn't be necessary. The parallel is quite natural to our own world and history - dinosaur bones showing that the biblical creation timeline is incorrect, hell they even bring up carbon dating here. In TRO we've seen Doom be told that he needs to create a religion, and he's been Rabum Alaling it up for years of his time, so it's not exactly out of left field here.

Amazing Member ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

I continued to like this event, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He still likes to show him up in any way possible. Instead of Cap and IM maybe that will be the final showdown...Reed and Victor
    The 616 started with the Fantastic Four. I think it's fitting that the Fantastic Four should start what comes next... even if/especially since it looks very much like the 616.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    Hmmm...am surprised to read that King Thor dies, even though he's in Thors...or perhaps he's whisk(er)ed away to whatever place the Thors congregate?

Whatever... I'll probably be grumbling a plenty when I finally get issues 1 and 2 next week.
    This King Thor was not the same King Thor we saw in God of Thunder. This ones beard is red.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The 616 started with the Fantastic Four. I think it's fitting that the Fantastic Four should start what comes next... even if/especially since it looks very much like the 616.
    Truly fitting as you said. I think Hickman has a nice balance here of characters to give focus to and he's made the FF characters pretty prominent throughout the build up to this. The only ones he neglected to add to the mix in the past were Johnny and Ben. Sue we saw towards the end but T'Challa, Namor, Molecule Man, Maximus and Black Bolt were all a part of Lee/Kirby's ever expanding MU that was introduced to the MU. Or re-introduced in Namor's case.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was all set-up and world-building, but it was entertaining set-up and world building.

Looking forward to see what the Cabal will do next, and when will the heroes show up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This was all set-up and world-building, but it was entertaining set-up and world building.

Looking forward to see what the Cabal will do next, and when will the heroes show up as well.
    It will be fun to see how the Cabal breaks all of Dooms toys.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    It does though. Folks are projecting "Doom made X like Y" when all we really know is that Doom is the ruler of this world, and his subjects *believe* that he created it. A belief that we're shown needs to be actively maintained by quarantines and the like. If Doom were really the all powerful creator of this world, that wouldn't be necessary. The parallel is quite natural to our own world and history - dinosaur bones showing that the biblical creation timeline is incorrect, hell they even bring up carbon dating here. In TRO we've seen Doom be told that he needs to create a religion, and he's been Rabum Alaling it up for years of his time, so it's not exactly out of left field here.
    is interesting in that it does really fit an idea that Doom is indeed powerfull, more than he ever was, but much like the beyonders is not almighty. Not completely. He porbably has some fo their limitiations as well(can't travel to past, can't force people to do as he say, hence the need to a social construct that fit their personalities...fitting all the thors in a police corps is brilliant way to keep them in a wheel without them realizing it as example).Also i wonder is certain roles mean something more. Why he kepts the ghhost rider trapped in an Arena, as example. Their case is very peculiar.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It make sense. Also i would like to point out that everything seem to indicate that to re-start the multiverse will take lil help from everyone.

BANNED

all i got say is doom fans have another great feat to use in rumbles

Doom becoming a God again and creating battleworld

Fantastic Member

So I guess 616 Sue and Val were saved by Doom after they broke off from the raft last issue, then brainwashed into thinking Doom was their husband/father? I mean, Val does refer to doom as her "father" at one point as opposed to the usual "uncle." Reed is not gonna like that one bit when he gets out of his raft.

Ultimate Member

Really enjoyed this.

Mr Sinister was priceless.

What kind of crazy issue is this ? Drawings were awesomely good in the deadlands and the last pages.
    Galactus being 'a world-eating sentinel' was all i needed to see. I officially fell in love with this event.
    But I have a question, who is this Baron Sinister in MU ? I didn't recall that character , probably because I don't know many characters.

Quote Originally Posted by RAINMESS View Post
    What kind of crazy issue is this ? Drawings were awesomely good in the deadlands and the last pages.
    Galactus being 'a world-eating sentinel' was all i needed to see. I officially fell in love with this event.
    But I have a question, who is this Baron Sinister in MU ? I didn't recall that character , probably because I don't know many characters.
    He's just Mister Sinister, an X-Men villain.

Amazing Member

This issue was awesome! Doom is god and those last few pages were crazy! When I saw that glaive go through Thor, I immediately knew who was on that ship: The freakin Cabal baby! I'm greatly anticipating the rest of this event.