Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

A hypothesis going forward:

From issue two, we know Battleworld's ground is a huge body (or bodies), Valeria and Sue are in Doom's inner circle, Franklin and his pet Galactus guard Doomstadt, and Doom appears to have retained the god-level powers he obtained as Rabum Alal.

We know this is 616 Doom. It seems to be 616 Valeria and Strange. We saw 616 Valeria apparently die in the nothingness of nothingness, along with Sue, Johnny, Ben, and Franklin. If we hop down the reason hole a bit, and assume that 616 Valeria means that's also 616 Sue and Franklin, then Johnny and Ben are unaccounted for.

Except that Galactus is on fire.

And Battleworld is made up of a huge body that appears to be orange rock.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post

From issue two, we know Battleworld's ground is a huge body (or bodies), Valeria and Sue are in Doom's inner circle, Franklin and his pet Galactus guard Doomstadt, and Doom appears to have retained the god-level powers he obtained as Rabum Alal.

We know this is 616 Doom. It seems to be 616 Valeria and Strange. We saw 616 Valeria apparently die in the nothingness of nothingness, along with Sue, Johnny, Ben, and Franklin. If we hop down the reason hole a bit, and assume that 616 Valeria means that's also 616 Sue and Franklin, then Johnny and Ben are unaccounted for.

Good eye. Damn I need to read this issue again.

I think either the Beyonders or Molecule Man are still strong possibilities for our 'Ymir' here, but I admit the flaming Galactus is pretty suspicious.

There was defiantly some fort of huge orange rock hand in the area where they found the Cabal's raft.

Spectacular Member

Man Mr. Sinister was such a damn G. Classic look but with Gillien swag. I loved it and I can't wait to see what he and the bar Sinister do next.
    Last edited by Nyadnar17; 05-13-2015 at 03:43 PM.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    There was defiantly some fort of huge orange rock hand in the area where they found the Cabal's raft.
    Look at the 4th panel.

Secret Wars V2015 #2 (of 8) - God Emperor Doom (2015_7) - Page 15.jpg

That face looks like Galactus. Are these the corpses of the abstracts?
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Great issue. I loved Sinister here (btw... Mr Sinister allied with the squadron sinister? LOL), and of course DOOM.

That said: I believe Doom is still fighting the beyonders. He saved what he could (the beyonders STATE they just wanted to erase everything as an experiment because THEY are so much more important than all lesser beings and realities) while fighting them, formed battleworld and is using the combined faith of its people as a sort of "battery" in his ongoing struggle against the beyonders. That would also explain why he just "patched togheter" the various realms. He could not do finer manipulation while also fighting the beyonders. And that also explains why he acts through proxies most of the time and looks pained even when aware. He can devote to battleworld just a fraction of his attention when it's important, otherwise he's dealing with a bunch of godlike beings who want to erase reality for good.

Sounds interesting. And it's kind of poetic that at the center of all of this is Doom and the F4...the team that supposedly started the Marvel universe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Look at the 4th panel.

Secret Wars V2015 #2 (of 8) - God Emperor Doom (2015_7) - Page 15.jpg

That face looks like Galactus. Are these the corpses of the abstracts?
    My assumption when I read this was that it's the living tribunal.

I would bet that doom (maybe with Owen Reece) and not the beyonders created this world. Beyond the fact that the story just leads you to believe that -- this seems like version 2.0 of the doom universe. I can imagine that he inserted elements like ultron, the annihilation wave, the shield etc. just to give people something to think about instead of overthrowing him again.

then Johnny and Ben are unaccounted for.

If you read Aaron's Thor, you'll see that in the future, King Thor battles a future Galactus which looks like he's on fire as well. It's just an alternate Galactus, not Johnny.

Love that the Fantastic Four are at the core of this story.

Fantastic Member

So, on my second read: Val appears to be a teenager. At least not 4 or 5, which she was when we last left her in SW 1. If it is 616 Val, which I believe it is, then that means more time has passed to those who got zapped into battleworld by doom than for the people who got away in life rafts. The Cabal seemed to have just landed from their perspective, after all.

That also means that Val has considered Doom her father (she refers to him as such in the issue) for at least like, 10 years. I'm sure this initially occurred due to whatever brainwashing Doom used to make everyone forget their previous universes. That means that Reed has missed a lot of his daughter's life though! This has interesting implications on the family dynamic once everyone's memories get restored.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I find it surprising that Alex power got roles in the 0 and 2 issue. Makes me wonder what his role is in this... am I alone on that?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

By the way, about Ben, did anyone else feel one of the horsemen on the panel with Apocalypse in Castle Doom looked like him? Or is it a character I'm not familiar with?

edit: here:

Ben.jpg

second edit: nevermind, it seems to be Mikhail Rasputin from Age of Apocalypse.
    Last edited by ShaokhaN; 05-13-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I find it surprising that Alex power got roles in the 0 and 2 issue. Makes me wonder what his role is in this... am I alone on that?
    He was in Hickman's FF. He might just be one of his favorites.