Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Simply, Captain America is now Captain Doom.

Like, the Thors believing that Doom is the All Father.
    Only if Doom starts with A now ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Only if Doom starts with A now ;-)
    Im pretty that Doom make sure that the fool who made that mistake payed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    Seems to me that the FF have a very large role in this. I can't even fathom how people are arguing otherwise.

The x-men have the same amount of exposure during this as the rest of the marvel universe.
    Umm, because they all of them except Reed clearly "died" in #1. Sue and Valeria Doom and the Doom Foundation are not products owned by Fox. Neither are the Maker and the Children of Tomorrow. Sure Val and the Future Foundation did have a role to play in the lead up, but the key there is that none of them use the Fantastic Four name whose movie rights are owned by another company.

As for the X-Men exposure, I don't know what book you're reading. Scott and Hank are the only two that have gotten any real mention, while just about everyone that has ever been an Avenger or has a future in the Marvel Movie Universe was mentioned. Again, the name "X-Men" and most of the mutants are owned by another company. The Inhumans on the other hand are getting a bigger and bigger role.

Everyone likes to say that Disney isn't going to change Marvel, but they said the same thing about ABC, ESPN, and Times Square and all of those have changed quite a bit. I don't see the same need to merge the two universes at the other company, but none of their products are owned by their competition.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

So, technically, is the MCU also destroyed?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Umm, because they all of them except Reed clearly "died" in #1. Sue and Valeria Doom and the Doom Foundation are not products owned by Fox. Neither are the Maker and the Children of Tomorrow. Sure Val and the Future Foundation did have a role to play in the lead up, but the key there is that none of them use the Fantastic Four name whose movie rights are owned by another company.

As for the X-Men exposure, I don't know what book you're reading. Scott and Hank are the only two that have gotten any real mention, while just about everyone that has ever been an Avenger or has a future in the Marvel Movie Universe was mentioned. Again, the name "X-Men" and most of the mutants are owned by another company. The Inhumans on the other hand are getting a bigger and bigger role.

Everyone likes to say that Disney isn't going to change Marvel, but they said the same thing about ABC, ESPN, and Times Square and all of those have changed quite a bit. I don't see the same need to merge the two universes at the other company, but none of their products are owned by their competition.
    So the way around corporate legalities is to call them Sue and Val Doom?

It's pretty apparent the F4 will be back together after Secret Wars. Daddy's comin' for his fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    So, technically, is the MCU also destroyed?
    Well, in theory, yes, but tecnically no; the movie-verses, the games, us, and most of the cartoon did survived.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    So the way around corporate legalities is to call them Sue and Val Doom?

It's pretty apparent the F4 will be back together after Secret Wars. Daddy's comin' for his fam.
    Well, there is a reality where that actually happened; so i guess that he simply brainwashed the 616 versión into thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, in theory, yes, but tecnically no; the movie-verses, the games, us, and most of the cartoon did survived.
    Well the 1992 X-Men cartoon got drawn into all this, not that I'm complaining, it's a blast to see the 90s designs of the X-Men again (and that theme song).

But not the movies, definitely not the games or the latest cartoons like Evolution.

I stepped away from comics for many years. I am 40 now and decided to jump back in, so for me this is fantastic. like I am starting fresh. I am loving Secret Wars. glad I am here for the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post

Considering 616 Doom and Reed are two of the main characters, your argument holds little weight.

Pretty much everyone is replaced by AU versions. Its not just the FF or xmen. I don't see any Capt Britain fans throwing a fit.

The only characters who we have saw who are NOT AU versions have been Doom and the Cabal. I think you guys just need to breath and read the story before worrying. It's issue 2.
    Last edited by Essex; 05-18-2015 at 07:31 PM.

BANNED

Well, according to the cover for #6 we know what Thanos will probably be doing by the end of the event. I imagine his new status will carry over into the 616 afterward.

Fantastic Member

Well, according to the cover for #6 we know what Thanos will probably be doing by the end of the event. I imagine his new status will carry over into the 616 afterward.
    Mind pointing me in the direction of that cover?

Edit: nevermind, I found it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Mind pointing me in the direction of that cover?
    Newsarama has a few covers up for the August solicits.

All-New Member

I'll second that request. Anyone have a link/website handy? Post a pic?

All-New Member

Found it. Thanks.

i don't think he will.
    looks like they'd send him to the Shield..i wonder what happened to the other cabalians
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)