Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

So to people who have read the issue, any explanation on how it is going to work with multiple versions of everyone running around? Any hints to why Doom used these certain realities? How 616 relates 1610 or wh still has knowledge pre-Battleworld?

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    LOL. So basically everyone on Battleworld is a Young Earth Creationist. I think it's hilarious that God Doom (a scientist) has a minister of science who he essentially actively hinders, because the religion of Doom has to preserve the idea of him being the all powerful creator.
    Doom has always been both scientist and a sorcerer. I agree, his magic side is more dominant here. Maybe something he learned from his time in the Doomverse lol

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustJelly View Post
    So just like Convergence, I'm kind of bored by the exposition filled main story and more excited for the tie-ins to come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Also, this issue confirms that it is indeed aptly named "Secret Wars"
    Oh come on we should've all known this issue would be how it was. We needed to know a little about Battleworld before the real action could start.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfbeard View Post
    So to people who have read the issue, any explanation on how it is going to work with multiple versions of everyone running around? Any hints to why Doom used these certain realities? How 616 relates 1610 or wh still has knowledge pre-Battleworld?
    Nope. It simply shows how things of Battleworld works.

Nope. We just got an idea of Battleworld and how it works and then a reveal on the last two pages.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

So how bad is Doom gonna get his comeuppance?
    Like I said, when I talked to Hickman at C2E2 in Artist's Alley, he said we Doom fans are going to have a good couple of months. Now what he defines as "good" we have to see. But he's definitely has one of the best interpretations of the character in recent memory...along with Brubaker. I even gave him a "major award" when I met him. LOL.

Here's how he signed my sketch cover of NA #1

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-13-2015 at 08:19 AM.

Doom has always been both scientist and a sorcerer. I agree, his magic side is more dominant here. Maybe something he learned from his time in the Doomverse lol
    I just enjoy the idea that Doom's ego makes him actively hinder science. It makes total sense though since a fundamental aspect of science is questioning the known.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

This issue states that border crossings are limited by each domain's Baron, so I don't think people are seeing all versions of themselves so much. Even if they did, Doom has apparently baked that into the fabric of the belief system of Battleworld- the Thors seemed to have no problem with the majority of them being alt versions of themselves.

Like I said above, I think only Doom, Strange, and the life rafters know what's really going on. I think Doom built from what he could, I don't think he chose the pieces of Battleworld.

Inteeestngly, it looks like the Cabal raft landed near the City Dome. And yet they are on the flip side of Utopolis, not Manhattan

All-New Member

So essentially the things that did need explaining didn't. A guide book would have been really useful. It should list all domains, who runs them, what reality it is based off, who the major players are... I know we have that New York Bulletin but I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Like I said, when I talked to Hickman at C2E2 in Artist's Alley, he said we Doom fans are going to have a good couple of months. Now what he defines as "good" we have to see. But he's definitely has one of the best interpretations of the character in recent memory...along with Brubaker. I even gave him a "major award" when I met him. LOL.

Here's how he signed my sketch cover of NA #1

Yeah I think I saw your cover last week. Very, very cool!

Oh I'm loving it for sure...but like above poster said, he's most likely going to have a fall from grace/humbling at the end. Curious to see how this ends for Doom. DOOM!!!!!!!

Mighty Member

So essentially the things that did need explaining didn't. A guide book would have been really useful. It should list all domains, who runs them, what reality it is based off, who the major players are... I know we have that New York Bulletin but I'm confused.
    Things they need explaining doesn't mean they need explaining now.

If we knew all the important factors there'd literally be nothing left but 'fixing' the universe.

And we've had the domains and their origins listed for ages. There's no necessity of knowing who all rules what domain and the key players are so easily glossed it's really not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No one has an exact date. Even Diamond only projects out about 3 weeks at a time. This week, next week and a sneak peek at the one following that.

ComicList has a pretty accurate projection but not sure what their source is. Could be a retailer version of the dates that we might not see. You can check out their extended forecast link at the top of their HOME PAGE.

Secret Wars #3......June 3rd
    Secret Wars # 4.....June 17th
    Secret Wars #5.....July 1st

Nothing beyond that yet.
    I noticed the same when I was googling around. This is super helpful thank you!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Nothing concrete yet on that.

I'm going to assume he used these realities and made it this way so there would be order and control. Problem is he never counted on Thanos and his crew getting plopped into his perfect ecosystem.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Fantastic Member

Not really. The heroes from the life raft last issue aren't even in this one.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    She was originally. This is in no way surprising.
    Which has me wondering if this Valeria is that original one.