Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I thought I saw Bizarro snapped it like string before and the concept of truth seemed fine pre 52. New 52 I don't think that's the idea.
    The Bizaro incident was non-canon, and "Trinity" was a gigantic insult to Diana and her fans, anyway.

The Golden Perfect was the only time the Lasso broke in canon, pre-Flashpoint, continuity. And reality was emphatically NOT fine.

New 52? Obviously, it's up in the air. The Lasso has yet to be broken (or even used all that much.) We won't know until some writer chooses to do it.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The Bizaro incident was non-canon
    Hmm interesting. Didn't know Trinity was non canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Repetition seems more like trying to convince us.

That scene where he gets his cape ripped just seems like the equivalent of an atm eating your credit card. I feel more of a down on his luck, Spider-Man vibe than a bold new turn for Superman . hope he has bus fare
    yeah, I read the scene this way too. Really bad luck, really bad day. while the cape has sentimental value, they are truing to hard to make it meant more than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I was against it hardcore, but I figured if they really had a strong story it would support itself. They still might, but that preview was totally underwhelming.

Summary for those who can't access the preview:
    Superman rides a snowmobile, throws "damn" like five times into one monologue, gets into a fight when ninja pop out of the snow, and then learns the fortress doesn't recognize him. It snatches his swag and leaves him yelling and thinking to himself that he's still superman. Over and over.
    best sneak peaks where the ones that looked like a trailer, like green arrow and detective comics. This offer very little to what is going on. He is depowered and fortress don't accept him? and what else?

wonder why batman didn't offered a lift to superman?
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-13-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Fantastic Member

On topic: I'm excited. Well-written, well-drawn scene. It even uses monlogue boxes well!

Off topic, but only because these pages were laid out here and this is a constant gripe of mine with DC's comics, even from writers I mostly enjoy:

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post

click for bigger
    Why the hell are there so many monologue boxes on these pages? What work are they doing, until maybe the final page, where a line from the Fortress would've sufficed, that isn't already conveyed by the art? Page two straight-up reads better without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    yeah, I read the scene this way too. Really bad luck, while the cape has sentimental value, they are truing to hard to make it meant more than it is.
    No, you're just not remembering properly what it has already been established as meaning to him. Right off the bat Morrison established strong value to the cape. He threatened to break Luthor's neck to get it back from the government. His response to it being taken to him was more than appropriate. It wasn't adding anything to the weight of Superman's feelings over the cape that haven't been there from the beginning.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-13-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

wonder why batman didn't offered a lift to superman?
    How? Isn't Batman gone?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    "Most powerful hero in the DCU. An inspiration to heroes and non-heroes everywhere."

Not "A powerless man kneeling in the snow and boo-hooing that his (previously indestructible) blanky got ripped."
    So basically "he has to be the bestest". That's fine, but it's not at all what I think the character is about. Not only do neither of those things have to be true for me, but I'd rather not define him in relation to other heroes. If you're going to talk about the character, you'd think you'd actually talk about him.

BANNED

How? Isn't Batman gone?
    depend, he was still active on superman 40. DC said story will trumps continuity (superman with original armor show up on starfire sneak peaks).

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No, you're just not remembering properly what it has already been established as meaning to him. Right off the bat Morrison established strong value to the cape. He threatened to break Luthor's neck to get it back from the government. His response to it being taken to him was more than appropriate. It wasn't adding anything to the weight of Superman's feelings over the cape that haven't been there from the beginning.
    IO know very well the value of the cape. But new 52 try too hard put the emphasis on krypton related things
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-13-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Within Truth, Jim is Batman, as he shows up in the Batman/Superman installment. So at least in this story, Bruce isn't around.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

depend, he was still active on superman 40. DC said story will trumps continuity (superman with original armor show up on starfire sneak peaks).
    Yeah I'm pretty sure he's gone seeing as Superman meets the new one in Batman/Superman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Within Truth, Jim is Batman, as he shows up in the Batman/Superman installment. So at least in this story, Bruce isn't around.
    so they will jump completely forward, sure they could use a different window of time if they wanted to use Bruce

so they will jump completely forward, sure they could use a different window of time if they wanted to use Bruce
    They don't want to so they won't. Simple as that.

They could have, but I really don't see why as Truth is a Superman tale so there's no real reason for the team to force Bruce's presence. The more apt question would actually be why he didn't ask Diana for a lift.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-13-2015 at 09:19 PM.

I didn't want to but I'm skipping this and dropping Superman and S/WW. I'm not interested and never will be in reading about a weak Superman in either of those titles. I don't mind that his identity has been revealed but his solar flare power and new look is just not working for me. I hope that even though Johns created solar flare he doesn't use it in his JL run since that's where I'll be getting my Superman fix.

For those who are interested in it, I hope you guys enjoy it.
    Last edited by MosSuperman; 05-14-2015 at 12:16 PM.

BANNED

They don't want to so they won't. Simple as that.
    right, but batman was heavily present on the last issues of superman