Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Uncanny Avengers #4 (SPOILERS)

- Preview with the Twin's father reveal

- The Luminous (ithink) is laying waste to the "scum"

- Sabertooth breaks free of his programming? and starts slaughtering the bad guys, including slicing up luminous

- Voodoo does some magic stuff, seems like he is bringing people back from the dead with a choice of moving on or becoming back to fight

- The Twins are brought into the room with Rogue, QS breaks free and free rogue

- Rogue cannot hear Simon's voice anymore

- Someone lets rogue, witch, and qs free, i think they are implying its Vision

- Vision and lady cyborg chat. They have offspring and lady cybrog wants vision to stay

- Back to sabertooth still slicing people until Luminous starts to age him until her father says stop as he isn't to be wasted

- Rogue, QS, and SW show up during villain monologue

- Father ordered them to kill them, including ordering zombie rock Falcap to finsih them

- zombie rock Falcap instead grabs his shield and says avengers assemble

I love remender and loved the first volume of UA but he is really losing me here. Just don't care about the villains or most of the unity squad
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah pretty sure Vision's helping them along the way by hacking the systems. I'm shocked that Vision remembered what he came to Counter-Earth to do, you know, help locate the twins and get the **** off the planet. /s

And is it me, or are the twins remarkably...nonchalant about the reveal on their origins. I mean, Pietro at least got one outburst out, but Wanda is all like 'Yeah, Magneto was kind of a dick to us so I'm pretty okay with this retcon.' And then they just went on their merry way escaping like that whole conversation with the High Evolutionary didn't happen.

I don't expect like, massive melodrama, but a little impact would be nice.

Also the twin's brand new sister is really, really boring. Cannot be more generic as she is.

Kinda wish this was the part where everyone actually meets up, but at least Rogue's with the twins now. Hell knows where the heck Brother Voodoo is.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Yeah pretty sure Vision's helping them along the way by hacking the systems. I'm shocked that Vision remembered what he came to Counter-Earth to do, you know, help locate the twins and get the **** off the planet. /s

And is it me, or are the twins remarkably...nonchalant about the reveal on their origins. I mean, Pietro at least got one outburst out, but Wanda is all like 'Yeah, Magneto was kind of a dick to us so I'm pretty okay with this retcon.' And then they just went on their merry way escaping like that whole conversation with the High Evolutionary didn't happen.

I don't expect like, massive melodrama, but a little impact would be nice.

Also the twin's brand new sister is really, really boring. Cannot be more generic as she is.

Kinda wish this was the part where everyone actually meets up, but at least Rogue's with the twins now. Hell knows where the heck Brother Voodoo is.
    Instantly splitting up a new team he just formed wasn't the best idea in the world IMO. Can't keep up with all these minor-ish storylines.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I think that The Vision should stay with Eve. If he abandoned his offspring then he would be a deadbeat father. He should surrender his body and go live with Eve in a virtual reality world. Wonder Man's consciousness should be placed in the Vision's body. This way Wanda and Vision can be a couple again. Rogue can keep her Wonder Man powers without having Simon in her head. Everyone gets to live happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Considering they spent most of their lives, certainly their childhood, regarding the Maximoffs as their real, loving parents (their worst sin being that Django was willing to steal in order to keep them fed), and Magneto as that douchebag who held saving their lives the one time over the heads in order to get them to join his terrorist organization and, in Wanda's case, perform erotic dances against her will (at the very least harassment if not a form of sexual assault).... I really can see them feeling this way about things.

It's also interesting that this means that when Django thought they were Ana and Mateo back in the day, he was in fact right, not mistaken... it was a valid insight and not a delusion. Perhaps Voodoo can reunite them in a séance.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think that The Vision should stay with Eve. If he abandoned his offspring then he would be a deadbeat father. He should surrender his body and go live with Eve in a virtual reality world. Wonder Man's consciousness should be placed in the Vision's body. This way Wanda and Vision can be a couple again. Rogue can keep her Wonder Man powers without having Simon in her head. Everyone gets to live happily ever after.
    You know he does technically have two sons, but those two sons don't actually need him so whatever (would be nice if he actually thought of them as his children during the whole offpsring rant)

Also I am so confused by post-Secret Wars stories right now, because in the OGN Rage of Ultron he's back on Earth with the rest and seems to be like, okay emotionally (he's stopped bitching about Wanda, thank gawd). Then he's also in the All-New All-Different Avengers teaser.

Like, when do these things happen? Is UA before or after RoU, because I'm assuming ANAD is set after everything else.

But the thing we can confirm is nope, he didn't stay on Counter-Earth.
    Last edited by Byakko; 05-13-2015 at 08:44 AM.

All-New Member

Does it matter? doesn't the universe...you know.....kinda end soon for them? Pietro and Wanda could end up being their own parents by the time this is all over.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    - Preview with the Twin's father reveal

- The Luminous (ithink) is laying waste to the "scum"

- Sabertooth breaks free of his programming? and starts slaughtering the bad guys, including slicing up luminous

- Voodoo does some magic stuff, seems like he is bringing people back from the dead with a choice of moving on or becoming back to fight

- The Twins are brought into the room with Rogue, QS breaks free and free rogue

- Rogue cannot hear Simon's voice anymore

- Someone lets rogue, witch, and qs free, i think they are implying its Vision

- Vision and lady cyborg chat. They have offspring and lady cybrog wants vision to stay

- Back to sabertooth still slicing people until Luminous starts to age him until her father says stop as he isn't to be wasted

- Rogue, QS, and SW show up during villain monologue

- Father ordered them to kill them, including ordering zombie rock Falcap to finsih them

- zombie rock Falcap instead grabs his shield and says avengers assemble

I love remender and loved the first volume of UA but he is really losing me here. Just don't care about the villains or most of the unity squad
    Yea I gotta agree here while I loved the book last volume, I just don't care about the story being told here retcon or not and Remender isn't convincing me otherwise. Everything just feels so underwhelming leaving me with the reaction to quote Peter Griffin: " Oh my God, who the Hell cares?"

BANNED

Remender's Quicksilver is just awful to read.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Honestly I am Greatly Enjoying this Read Far more then the Original Volume 1 opening arc with the Red Skull.

The Story is more compelling & I like the team make-up more, but indeed I miss Alex, Steve & Janet Allot.

With that this Issue kept the momentum going for me. Finally after 3 issues of the Unity teaming getting beaten badly they are starting to get back at The High Evolutionary. Sabertooth I give him credit for breaking free and becoming a 1 man Army in taking down the The High Evolutionary Purge Army & Luminous! Wish Luminous was taken out for good, but then she really be a one hit wonder of a character way to fast, guess she at least gets one more issue, hopefully Issue #5 is her last.

Like the mysterious surrounding Brother Voodoo, the asking of the Undead Army Reminds me of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King moment, really looking forward to a big payoff like we got in that movie! Vision is the hard to guess one, I like the fact that he is helping the Unity team behind the Scenes, but will he stay with his new-found love or stick with his teammates?! That is a hard one for me, I look forward to finding that out.

The Team getting back together again with Wanda, Pietro & Rogue was Sweet & I really liked the moment where Rogue was Furisous with the Old Man about Simon & what he did with him. Always Glad seeing Rogue caring about her Teammate, her friends. But sadly my only negative about the issue is once again Simon is put on the back burner, he never catches a break sadly.

The Team forming to Confront The High Evolutionary was a fun moment & the moment where Falcon Captain America breaks free & yells Avengers Assembles was Grad to Read, Finally Payback is Back, been waiting since issue #1 for this!

Overall I like the Issue, some Art slips where sad to see, how Sabertooth got free is a mystery & Simon on the Back Burner was the main negative. But overall I like the Issue Allot Still & It Continues to by my #1 read each month! :-)

Just wish it did not take an extra 2 weeks to get, not Cool Marvel.

Finally my Favorite Moment from UA Issue #4:

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I've been enjoying Remander's work since UNCANNY X-FORCE, and everything he's done since then has felt like a natural extension of that story, up until now. I'm really not feeling this volume of UNCANNY AVENGERS; it really feels like the whole point of this storyline is the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch retcon, and everything else has been a very slow moving framing device for that.

I liked Sabertooth in this issue though, so I guess there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    I've been enjoying Remander's work since UNCANNY X-FORCE, and everything he's done since then has felt like a natural extension of that story, up until now. I'm really not feeling this volume of UNCANNY AVENGERS; it really feels like the whole point of this storyline is the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch retcon, and everything else has been a very slow moving framing device for that.

I liked Sabertooth in this issue though, so I guess there's that.
    It feels that way because that's exactly what the point of this story was, the retcon. Everything else is just an afterthought. And that's part of my problem with it; it didn't create an interesting story, it just dragged the book through the mud to fill in the time between Axis and Secret Wars. None of the other stories going on even feel like they naturally belong here and that certainly doesn't improve what was already a lackluster retcon story as is.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It feels that way because that's exactly what the point of this story was, the retcon. Everything else is just an afterthought. And that's part of my problem with it; it didn't create an interesting story, it just dragged the book through the mud to fill in the time between Axis and Secret Wars. None of the other stories going on even feel like they naturally belong here and that certainly doesn't improve what was already a lackluster retcon story as is.
    Honestly I feel the side-stories were all pretty good and important to the overall story, each character & usage of each character.

* Rogue's was important to move along fact to get Simon out of Rogue's Head, their-by completely want many like me & other believed in that Rogue would get Simon's full powers to bring her back to the 90's era Flying Bruiser. So her story was important in that regard & will effect Rogue for a long-time to come.

* Brother Voodoo's was important to help find the past horrors of counter-earth in the spirits of the wronged dead. In this sense the Unity Team is helping to Avenge the wrongs cause by The High Evolutionary's Actions on Counter earth.

* Sabertooth's story was coming to terms with his new, more good identity after the events of AXIS. In this issue he learns that their are some sins and part of his personality that will never be tame & like Logan you have to unless the beast inside to get the dirty part of the job done. It is the Dark burden both he & Logan bear. It is for him a fine line between Good & an Anti-Hero life.

* Vision's was about finding a being as close to who he was more then anyone else that he has meet. In other words, finding a person who he could find heaven with & is conflicted in whether he will stay in this happy life or will side with his longtime friends & why. As a Vision Fan this is another story of his comeback & re-finding his humanity.

* Falcon-Capt's story is still a mystery, so I am waiting to read more about that in UA #5.

These are just a quick-notes points on why I felt each of these stories where important to each character and/or the overall story. It is my view that adds to my enjoyment of the book, I hope you got something from it as well too Kurolegacy.

Overall, in the end to each their own view of the story, this is just part of mind.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I take umbrage at Vision seriously going with the 'It's love' route over someone he literally just met, what, a day or two? If the whole needing to be with an android thing was such an issue, it's not like he didn't have options, like Jocasta, who did have a thing for him back in the Silver Age:
    tumblr_no6i0g9qhj1qdcj3zo1_540.jpg

Hell I wouldn't mind if the whole part of him moving on from Wanda once and for all was to maybe have a relationship with Jocasta. She was in Avengers AI, she's still around, I'm surprised no writer saw this as a viable development for both of them.

At this point, I'm going to say it's clearly lust he's going for, and I wish they'd just say it.

Also on the issue of wanting offspring, are Billy and Tommy not existing anymore? Is this because of Secret Wars? I know he now takes it that the first set of twins were a 'lie', but he did acknowledge and meet Billy in Avengers Assemble Annual 2013. Or basically he's disowning the twins, reincarnated or not.

Ah whatever, Vision's story-thread in UA can only end in drama. Lots, and lots of drama. Reality warping, may or may not be included.

Although, and this is looking into the future, if Rage of Ultron is set post-Secret Wars, is it presumably set after this run of UA? Because in RoU, Vision seems to have come to terms with his own identity and is pretty human, and also decidedly not bitter (as far as I can tell anyway, he didn't interact with anyone that wasn't Pym or Ultron, but he did hang around Wanda without bickering so I consider that as a positive). Hell, it's the most enjoyable story I've read with him in it in a long time. I can only assume whatever happens/happened on Counter-Earth is going to change him into that. They're both written by Remender, so this should be a true development, but the timeline issue mixed in with Secret Wars makes pin-pointing what happened before or after really, really messy.
    Last edited by Byakko; 05-13-2015 at 10:55 PM.

This series has lost a lot of momentum. AXIS could've been the story that helped re-energize the series. Instead, it's basically locked it into a state of mediocrity. This issue wasn't bad. It certainly wasn't the worst issue in the series thus far. It was just flat out bland.

On one hand, we did get the answer that this arc was supposed to answer. We found out who the parents of the Maximoff Twins were. At least now we can stop talking about them being turned into Inhumans because they're clearly not. They're just failed experiments from the High Evolutionary. This does make some sense, but it had absolutely no emotional weight. There was no drama to this revelation. There were no details. The High Evolutionary just shrugged it off as though it were the most casual thing in the world. It just makes this whole issue feel lacking.

It still had some enjoyable moments. The team finally started to coming together again. At the rate this story has been dragging, it feels a bit too late to have any impact. But better late than never I guess. I'm not going to go so far as to say that this whole arc has been bad. It's been mediocre at best and sub-par at worse. But I think the concept of Uncanny Avengers is just not viable at this point. I did a full review of this story on my blog. If anyone is interested and if it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.