Page 139 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2335

How did the preview for Reign of the Supermen put it? “Superboy is what Superman would be like if he was raised by the Kardashians”? Sounds about right: the original idea wasn’t that Superboy was rebellious; it was that he wasn’t raised by the Kents. He was in it for fame and fortune and just to have fun, not because he felt some great sense of duty to fight a never ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    How did the preview for Reign of the Supermen put it? “Superboy is what Superman would be like if he was raised by the Kardashians”? Sounds about right: the original idea wasn’t that Superboy was rebellious; it was that he wasn’t raised by the Kents. He was in it for fame and fortune and just to have fun, not because he felt some great sense of duty to fight a never ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

Idk about being raised by the kardashians,he did love the limelight, but he,like most kids just believe things will be easy,just because.he had the S,so he just assumed he would be able to do it all,and breeze through it all.

He always had a good heart,and a hella fighting spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Idk about being raised by the kardashians,he did love the limelight, but he,like most kids just believe things will be easy,just because.he had the S,so he just assumed he would be able to do it all,and breeze through it all.

He always had a good heart,and a hella fighting spirit
    I think it's a generalization. At the start Kon will probably be motivated by a desire for fame and wealth, with Lex exploiting those desires, Then Kon will probably see Lex for what he is and reject him. I suspect Steel will play the role of "shoulder angel" pushing Kon to be more classic hero, while Lex will be the "shoulder devil" urging him to look out for his own wants and desires first and foremost.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it's a generalization. At the start Kon will probably be motivated by a desire for fame and wealth, with Lex exploiting those desires, Then Kon will probably see Lex for what he is and reject him. I suspect Steel will play the role of "shoulder angel" pushing Kon to be more classic hero, while Lex will be the "shoulder devil" urging him to look out for his own wants and desires first and foremost.

I see him ASSuming the fame,and not worrying about the wealth,his daddy(in tye movie) has that covered.

Kon93

Kon93

Kon93

Kon93

Kon93

Kon93

Kon93

Kon93

See anything familiar?

formula mass of nh4 2so4
    Last edited by Kon93; 10-12-2018 at 09:57 PM.

BANNED

What TPBs would anyone recommend for someone new-ish to Superboy?

I've seen the "Book One" on Amazon, but can't find a "Book Two". Any other recommendations?

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    What TPBs would anyone recommend for someone new-ish to Superboy?

I've seen the "Book One" on Amazon, but can't find a "Book Two". Any other recommendations?
    If your talking 90s original SB then you only have that 1st grade and some YJ.they have most of geoffs TT version and lobdells version in trade.

I would recommend all of them,but remember they are very different from each other,and hope more kesel 90s SB comes out soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    If your talking 90s original SB then you only have that 1st grade and some YJ.they have most of geoffs TT version and lobdells version in trade.

I would recommend all of them,but remember they are very different from each other,and hope more kesel 90s SB comes out soon.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lobdell's version isn't for me from the (admittedly) very little I've read about it.

I was thinking "outside/before New 52" stuff.