Page 40 of 156 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

This in a nutshell: http://emertainmentmonthly.com/2014/...s-convergence/

3. Superboy?

Why yes, that is indeed two Superboys fighting each other, and surprisingly that is the least weird choice made for Superboy’s New 52 reboot. The main Superboy (Conner Kent AKA Kon-El) is a clone made from Superman’s DNA by Secret Evil Science Collective #75623 who broke out after figuring out they were training him to be a human weapon. Alone, that’s more or less the original Superboy origin, but throw in the double and everything gets really weird. The other Superboy is one Jon Lane Kent, the future son of Superman and Lois Lane (????) who is insanely powerful due to being born under a yellow sun. Unfortunately, he fell severely ill shortly after birth (human and Kryptonian genes don’t mix well), and was whisked to the past (our present) by evil time-traveler Harvest, who stabilized his condition by genes extracted from the clone Conner Kent (this is apparently the real reason he was created) and raised Jon to be his true ultimate weapon against metahumans. So, Conner’s escape understandably drove Jon on a mad rampage, as his DNA is the only thing keeping him alive, and that’s why we have two Superboys demolishing the Earth trying to kill each other above. Did we mention that now both Superboys have telekinesis, because apparently not even Superman’s relatives are safe from randomly getting powers that don’t fit their character. Hopefully Convergence can help sort some of this mess out, but judging by the way the current Teen Titans title has been going, the odds are grim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    This in a nutshell: http://emertainmentmonthly.com/2014/...s-convergence/

3. Superboy?

Why yes, that is indeed two Superboys fighting each other, and surprisingly that is the least weird choice made for Superboy’s New 52 reboot. The main Superboy (Conner Kent AKA Kon-El) is a clone made from Superman’s DNA by Secret Evil Science Collective #75623 who broke out after figuring out they were training him to be a human weapon. Alone, that’s more or less the original Superboy origin, but throw in the double and everything gets really weird. The other Superboy is one Jon Lane Kent, the future son of Superman and Lois Lane (????) who is insanely powerful due to being born under a yellow sun. Unfortunately, he fell severely ill shortly after birth (human and Kryptonian genes don’t mix well), and was whisked to the past (our present) by evil time-traveler Harvest, who stabilized his condition by genes extracted from the clone Conner Kent (this is apparently the real reason he was created) and raised Jon to be his true ultimate weapon against metahumans. So, Conner’s escape understandably drove Jon on a mad rampage, as his DNA is the only thing keeping him alive, and that’s why we have two Superboys demolishing the Earth trying to kill each other above. Did we mention that now both Superboys have telekinesis, because apparently not even Superman’s relatives are safe from randomly getting powers that don’t fit their character. Hopefully Convergence can help sort some of this mess out, but judging by the way the current Teen Titans title has been going, the odds are grim.

The thing is,that isnt what happened though.

That isn't kon and jon fighting each other in the pic,it's kon fighting a mental projection the psycho pirate created.

Kon wasn't created with Supermans dna,he was created by cloning jon,then adding more parental dna for added dna stabilization.

NOWHERE created him

He didn't break out,he was already out on a assignment to bring wondergirl in at the time

He always knew he was a living weapon,that's y we got that at the beginning of every issue

Jon never got around to having his DNA stabilized,that's why one Jon was in a containment pod,and the other was bleeding and feeling like death during KUDERS run.

Kon was created to be a lab rat,but not to have extracted DNA taken from him,more to see if the added Kal and lois DNA worked to stabilize him,and could be copied on jon.

Jon was already on a rampage,first in his future time and then back in the present,and it was because he wanted to kill all metas,not because of kon,but this time he already took Kon's place in the present with the Titans so kon wasn't much of a bother for him.

Neither SUPERBOY wanted to demolish the earth,kon was at most apathetic during his run,and jon wanted to kill off all the metas,not the regular humans.

What doesn't fit about having TK? Last time I checked the original kon had it,and that was his only power.

The current teen titans title has been doing just fine,it was the old run with Lobdell that was a mess.

See you can't always believe what you read.
    Last edited by stephens2177; 12-31-2014 at 05:17 AM.

BANNED

So what do you think of this?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

So is this happening this year for real?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    So is this happening this year for real?
    Don't know for sure,but kon is going back to the Teen Titans book soon and this is the artist on the book,and he likes to redo characters looks a lot,so it could.

Gothic-Ruby

Scan 1.jpg

Scan.jpg
    Really surprised nobody's uploaded these from the original YJ run: Can I just have a moment to admire this little scene? Just for the sake of character if nothing else; I mean the way you have such a knee-jerk (if rehearsed) reaction infront of others before quietly letting it sink in/reflect on it just really hits a nerve with me--it's beautiful, it's heart-breaking and the worst part is that when you compare the actual depth of his relationships to others outside of the YJ group (at the time I mean, ) it really, really is...well, harsh but true. I just really admire how this was done; dramatic, but subtle and, unfortunately, all too true for any number of readers.

Sorry to geek out; just love that kid
    Last edited by Gothic-Ruby; 01-10-2015 at 03:36 PM.

I like it. If Supergirl has her own take in the logo, don't see why Superboy shouldn't have one too. It has a flair to it that fits what should be a "hip" personality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I like it. If Supergirl has her own take in the logo, don't see why Superboy shouldn't have one too. It has a flair to it that fits what should be a "hip" personality.
    Yeah kon has had the yelllow stitch looking S shield,the black and red S Shield,the barcode S shield.

I wonder if he is getting a whole new look for this new logo?

He just might. I think that logo would look awesome on some sort of variation on his original costume, actually.

BANNED

Holy **** on a stick that is awesome.the cover to Convergence:Superboy-1

BANNED

Awesome variant cover from Chip Kidd for issue 1.i think he used a panel from the very firet adventures of superman superboy was the star in.

Spectacular Member

http://www.newsarama.com/23265-teen-...crossover.html

A new violent dangerous Superboy due to convergence? smh

Our best hope is that this isn't Kon-El at all. Sounds at least plausible due to the teases of surprises and the fact that Convergeance has something to do with this Superboy's arrival entirely. One one hand, a completely superfluous idea after Kuder went through the trouble of getting rid the dopplegangers at the end of his Superboy run, and another violent Superboy is lame as hell, but on the other side of the coin, if we're spared it being Kon-El, and he'll stay on Supergirl in the hands of Perkins and Johnson, or they follow through with the Gen13 tease, it at least saves Kon from some bad characterization.

This certainly makes me in no hurry to jump on Teen Titans though, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-19-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Aw yeah Titans! That really is an awesome cover.

N7 Krypton Elite N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar

.....CONNER!!! Now THAT is the Superboy I grew up with and have wanted back for the longest time