Page 139 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2088
  1. #2071
    Astonishing Member Dataweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,593

    Default

    How did the preview for Reign of the Supermen put it? “Superboy is what Superman would be like if he was raised by the Kardashians”? Sounds about right: the original idea wasn’t that Superboy was rebellious; it was that he wasn’t raised by the Kents. He was in it for fame and fortune and just to have fun, not because he felt some great sense of duty to fight a never ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

  2. #2072
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    How did the preview for Reign of the Supermen put it? “Superboy is what Superman would be like if he was raised by the Kardashians”? Sounds about right: the original idea wasn’t that Superboy was rebellious; it was that he wasn’t raised by the Kents. He was in it for fame and fortune and just to have fun, not because he felt some great sense of duty to fight a never ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

    Idk about being raised by the kardashians,he did love the limelight, but he,like most kids just believe things will be easy,just because.he had the S,so he just assumed he would be able to do it all,and breeze through it all.

    He always had a good heart,and a hella fighting spirit

  3. #2073
    Fantastic Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Idk about being raised by the kardashians,he did love the limelight, but he,like most kids just believe things will be easy,just because.he had the S,so he just assumed he would be able to do it all,and breeze through it all.

    He always had a good heart,and a hella fighting spirit
    I think it's a generalization. At the start Kon will probably be motivated by a desire for fame and wealth, with Lex exploiting those desires, Then Kon will probably see Lex for what he is and reject him. I suspect Steel will play the role of "shoulder angel" pushing Kon to be more classic hero, while Lex will be the "shoulder devil" urging him to look out for his own wants and desires first and foremost.

  4. #2074
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it's a generalization. At the start Kon will probably be motivated by a desire for fame and wealth, with Lex exploiting those desires, Then Kon will probably see Lex for what he is and reject him. I suspect Steel will play the role of "shoulder angel" pushing Kon to be more classic hero, while Lex will be the "shoulder devil" urging him to look out for his own wants and desires first and foremost.

    I see him ASSuming the fame,and not worrying about the wealth,his daddy(in tye movie) has that covered.

  5. #2075
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default






  6. #2076
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default






  7. #2077
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default






  8. #2078
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default






  9. #2079
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default






  10. #2080
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default






  11. #2081
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default






  12. #2082
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default

    See anything familiar?


    formula mass of nh4 2so4
    Last edited by Kon93; 10-12-2018 at 09:57 PM.

  13. #2083
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,396

    Default

    What TPBs would anyone recommend for someone new-ish to Superboy?

    I've seen the "Book One" on Amazon, but can't find a "Book Two". Any other recommendations?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  14. #2084
    Spectacular Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    What TPBs would anyone recommend for someone new-ish to Superboy?

    I've seen the "Book One" on Amazon, but can't find a "Book Two". Any other recommendations?
    If your talking 90s original SB then you only have that 1st grade and some YJ.they have most of geoffs TT version and lobdells version in trade.

    I would recommend all of them,but remember they are very different from each other,and hope more kesel 90s SB comes out soon.

  15. #2085
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    If your talking 90s original SB then you only have that 1st grade and some YJ.they have most of geoffs TT version and lobdells version in trade.

    I would recommend all of them,but remember they are very different from each other,and hope more kesel 90s SB comes out soon.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Lobdell's version isn't for me from the (admittedly) very little I've read about it.

    I was thinking "outside/before New 52" stuff.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •