Page 127 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2335

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This is a nice look for him and I don't mind the name Guardian.
    I would make the S shield full on fleisher S shield,that way it feels even more like his original look.

Plus I would get rid of Clark's hairstyle and give him the hair he has on the YJ show,Injustice weekly series

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

I really miss Conner being in the comics. I thought DC would have brought him back by now.

They have no idea what to do with him,not to mention bendis is restructuring the line right now,so that will make it even longer a wait.

I personally would bring Conner back now,and flesh him out over time,not just drop him in a book and hope for the best.let him comeback,be a peripheral character in the books right now,give us bread crumbs(some that pay off now,not later),and slowly clear up the mysteries while he is back and reestablishing his life.

And make everything count,all his history,from the Reign storyline to the last issue of TT he was in,make it all work together,don't leave any fans behind.

Btw here is my 3 picks for a new name for him.
    1 Safeguard
    2 Sentinel
    3 Scion

All start with S,and all have meaning

That's true. One of the biggest problems with New 52 Conner, is the writers really didn't know what to do with him.

Still, it makes me sad because I would love to see him interact with Jonathan.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    That's true. One of the biggest problems with New 52 Conner, is the writers really didn't know what to do with him.

Still, it makes me sad because I would love to see him interact with Jonathan.

New 52 could be Match or he could really be Conner,just kidnapped,brainwashed,and DNA manipulated.it can all fit,it's just a matter of how much effort they are willing to give to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    New 52 could be Match or he could really be Conner,just kidnapped,brainwashed,and DNA manipulated.it can all fit,it's just a matter of how much effort they are willing to give to make it work.

They could have conners DNA manipulated to find the cure for the alternate futures Jon,and say they either "unzipped" his DNA and needs to be frozen at 18 to survive,or NOWHERE made him more bizzaro and lex decides the only way to keep him from going full on bizzaro is to freeze his age.either would be used to give superboy fans memories of Meltdown or YJ superboy Agendas.

They could have conners DNA manipulated to find the cure for the alternate futures Jon,and say they either "unzipped" his DNA and needs to be frozen at 18 to survive,or NOWHERE made him more bizzaro and lex decides the only way to keep him from going full on bizzaro is to freeze his age.either would be used to give superboy fans memories of Meltdown or YJ superboy Agendas.
    They could say Harvest messed with his DNA which in turn messed with his powers,not making him less powerful,but different.geoffs full kryptonian powerset with "some" TTK,and lobdelss full Marvelized TTK are both fully powered powersets equal easily to any kryptonian,so imo they should cut a lil from both,but merge them together.kryptonian teenage levels of strength,speed,and durability,so he can wrestle kryptonians,race Bart,and take a beating from SB prime,while his TTK would be consciously controlled,so it would feel different than his physical powers,so his TTK would allow him to fly,shield himself,throw kinetic punches, lift anything,dissamble stuff,send force waves thru things, manipulate water,make air pockets inside his field,freeze ppl to the ground,but also sense everything on a micro vibrational level,and insta scan anything he touches,push solar energy out of his body for heat vision,a controlled solar flared,or a intensified heat aura, invisibility thru blocking light.thats 2 powerful powersets in 1,and that's how I would want Conner Kent to be after he is back.
    Last edited by Trunks; 05-23-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Mighty Member

So I've been reading through the 90s Superboy series slowly. I can't say it's my favorite, but I love Conner Kent as he was in the 00s, so I've been curious to read what came before. I've never really liked his relationship with Tana Moon as their age difference seems pretty inappropriate. Even so, I just reached her death issue, and couldn't help but feel her character was deeply mistreated. That was pretty needless and gratuitous. Does any know if there was any reasoning behind why they killed her?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    So I've been reading through the 90s Superboy series slowly. I can't say it's my favorite, but I love Conner Kent as he was in the 00s, so I've been curious to read what came before. I've never really liked his relationship with Tana Moon as their age difference seems pretty inappropriate. Even so, I just reached her death issue, and couldn't help but feel her character was deeply mistreated. That was pretty needless and gratuitous. Does any know if there was any reasoning behind why they killed her?
    It was a way to force Conner to grow up. Conner became a lot less focused on fame and himself because of the loss. Similar to Peter Parker losing Gwen, it kind of shattered the image of being a superhero being 'fun' because now you're threatened with the idea that someone could die if you make any mistakes.

BANNED

Kon in the back row,but still in a movie tons of ppl will see(teen Titans go).

BANNED

It was a way to force Conner to grow up. Conner became a lot less focused on fame and himself because of the loss. Similar to Peter Parker losing Gwen, it kind of shattered the image of being a superhero being 'fun' because now you're threatened with the idea that someone could die if you make any mistakes.
    Tana's death was BS. A fridging, plain and simple.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Tana's death was BS. A fridging, plain and simple.
    I have to agree with Assam. There are tons of other ways to get Conner to grow up and I say this as someone who much prefers the more mature Conner. I mean, putting aside the fact that Tana died at all, the brutally of it and the way that Tana was brought back specifically for this purpose after a two year absence were completely unnecessary. I mean, you don't need a death to prompt a character to grow up, there are many motivators to do that. And even if they did feel that a death was necessary, it would have been so much more effective and narratively satisfying to kill someone like Guardian. That fake-out death with him earlier in the arc was done so much better than Tana's. It was pretty messed up.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I have to agree with Assam. There are tons of other ways to get Conner to grow up and I say this as someone who much prefers the more mature Conner. I mean, putting aside the fact that Tana died at all, the brutally of it and the way that Tana was brought back specifically for this purpose after a two year absence were completely unnecessary. I mean, you don't need a death to prompt a character to grow up, there are many motivators to do that. And even if they did feel that a death was necessary, it would have been so much more effective and narratively satisfying to kill someone like Guardian. That fake-out death with him earlier in the arc was done so much better than Tana's. It was pretty messed up.
    I fully agree that it was fridging; I'm just explaining the reasoning behind why the writers did it.

Sadly female characters at that time period were chronically used as a motivational factor for male characters. During the 90's/early 2000's women being depowered/killed/assaulted got majorly out of hand, which is why 'Women in the Refrigerator' syndrome was coined and became a more widely known trope. You really couldn't pick up a comic book during that time period that didn't engage in fridging or sexualizing female characters no matter what age they were.
    Thankfully comic books are changing because of new social climates with how they treat female characters.
    Last edited by RoamingGnome8; 05-28-2018 at 03:32 PM.

BANNED

You really couldn't pick up a comic book during that time period that didn't engage in fridging or sexualizing female characters no matter what age they were.
    Not really true. I could name you dozens of amazing books from DC alone that didn't.

BANNED

"oh no the 90s EEEK".

Quality is better now,but atleast we had fun reading our comics back then.