Page 92 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2335
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    TIL that Geoff Johns once wrote a letter suggesting Superboy be a clone of Lex Luthor but was denied....years later when he started writing teen titans he made that a reality

Yeah most of us hard core long time fans of kon knows that,hell I probably read that in the back of the issue his letter was posted in and didn't think a thing about it.

This is where the fracturing of kon started imo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Yeah most of us hard core long time fans of kon knows that,hell I probably read that in the back of the issue his letter was posted in and didn't think a thing about it.

This is where the fracturing of kon started imo

I wonder what he meant by "all the pieces fit"? Cause it mostly certainly didn't at the time

I wonder what he meant by "all the pieces fit"? Cause it mostly certainly didn't at the time
    On his mind it did

Why do you think Kon's fracturation started happening around that time, though?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    On his mind it did

Why do you think Kon's fracturation started happening around that time, though?
    It starts with a idea,and grew into teen Titans #1,when he got the chance.he ignored 10 years of stuff that has been shoved in our face,as in personality,powers,origin,and then to just change it all like it was nothing,was the deathblow,up just didn't know it,cause it was a slow death.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    How would you guys react if Kon was with the Legion (once they come back)?
    Standard I always give: Wouldn't mind Kon spending some time with the Legion so long as he doesn't take over the book and Johns is nowhere near the book. The ideal place for him long term though is with his friends and family in the present.

Also, I brought this up in the Bart thread a couple weeks ago, but I do find it interesting how Kon is one of those characters who you can tell when someone became a fan of them just by what they call them. Fans who love 90's Kon call him as such, while people who came to love him in the YJ cartoon or Johns' crap TT book will call him Conner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Standard I always give: Wouldn't mind Kon spending some time with the Legion so long as he doesn't take over the book and Johns is nowhere near the book. The ideal place for him long term though is with his friends and family in the present.

Also, I brought this up in the Bart thread a couple weeks ago, but I do find it interesting how Kon is one of those characters who you can tell when someone became a fan of them just by what they call them. Fans who love 90's Kon call him as such, while people who came to love him in the YJ cartoon or Johns' crap TT book will call him Conner.

Kon is a character that has so many roots it's crazy.just his legion and raver time is a crazy amount by itself.

I call him kon,because that is the 1 name that has been used throughout his entire publishing history,conner is after the soft recon,SB was before,and Jon is Superboy now,so kon-el is the winner by default lol.

Amazing Member

He wasn't called Kon his whole career. It took five years after he appeared, issue 59 of his first series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Super4Ever View Post
    He wasn't called Kon his whole career. It took five years after he appeared, issue 59 of his first series.

True,BUT he was still him(the original),not a changed version,so he was kon in every version,regardless of when exactly he got the name.

Amazing Member

True,BUT he was still him(the original),not a changed version,so he was kon in every version,regardless of when exactly he got the name.
    Yes but you stated that was his name for his entire publishing history, and it was not.

And even Kon changed, though it wasn't until Johns got his hands on him.

Conner, even though it came after a direction switch for the character, is at least a name comic wise that is his alone. Kon-El is shared with the New 52 version.

All I know is that I would like the character to return.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Super4Ever View Post
    Yes but you stated that was his name for his entire publishing history, and it was not.

And even Kon changed, though it wasn't until Johns got his hands on him.

Conner, even though it came after a direction switch for the character, is at least a name comic wise that is his alone. Kon-El is shared with the New 52 version.

All I know is that I would like the character to return.

Your nitpicking on a few words friend,yeah he didn't have the name the whole time,BUT he did have it in all his different versions,that's what i meant.conner Kent is a Geoff and beyond thing,kon was around for 10 years without it,and kon-el has been around since Superman gave the name to hin on.

Kon adds something to the super universe,that can't be found from any other member right now,so DC get off ur ass and bring him back

BANNED

From NYCC:

DiDio joked that fans would hear about Conner Kent "Not in my lifetime."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

On a positive note...

DiDio confirms that “All these characters — Shazam, the Legion, the JSA, Connor Kent, they’re not going away. We want to get these ones right. We want to make sure we’re not going to constantly keep re-launching, it’s gotta stop.”

http://www.cbr.com/nycc-live-jim-lee...he-publishers/

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    From NYCC:

DiDio joked that fans would hear about Conner Kent "Not in my lifetime."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

going from the link LSOK posted, I think he was legitimately joking there. He threw in the Legion and JSA in that line as well, and we already pretty much know they're coming back.

53F64498-26AE-4737-B003-C53AA535BCDD.jpg

Well, his return might be sooner than expected !

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

This is from the Batman panrl: "Tynion went on to explain that the answers to the Connor Kent questions that keep getting asked might be answered in*Detective*#966."
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8