Page 102 of 156 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2335
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    1- Pre-Flashpoint history intact.

2- Kon's secret ID- Conner Kent with his personality more in line with the Kessel version of the character. Brash, girl crazy ,impetuous and a little abrasive at times. Basically wears his Johns Pre-Flashpoint costume, minus the S shield and add in the leather jacket and sunglasses. This would honor his history and keep him from being Clark-lite in his secret ID.

3- Supernova - He's overdue to be "Nitewinged". Find a way to fold in a more controlled version of the solar flare power. Imagine if he expelled all the solar energy with force and then was able to telekinetically absorb it back into himself without losing any of it. Using his TK he could output smaller amounts of solar energy to repower weakened/solar depleted Kryptonians like Clark or Kara or Jon in an emergency. Have him be a bit more serious/mature in his costumed identity to reflect his character growth.

4 - Costume - I'd go with a version of his second costume but add thin gold piping between the reds and blues. Make the reds a darker crimson color and add black t the S shield where the yellow was.

5 - Put him back in Hawaii , It was a unique and visually interesting location. Maybe give him his own smaller fortress inside a volcano.

6 - Jon - Conner should be very protective of Jon like an older brother/ young uncle. Jon would look up to Conner. They share Krypto.

7- Get him back together with Tim, Cassie and Bart.
    I love lists lol.

1- absolutely,he should have everything from the Reign going forward,even if they have to Rebirth it a lil.

2-conner and Kon is like Clark and Kal,hero and secret identity.more Geoff sober personality in the secret ID,and more kesel bombastic when he is in hero mode.

3a-im not a fan of the name supernova,but a lot of ppl aren't a fan of Scion either,5hats the name I keep pushing.
    3b- definitely needs his graduation to young adult,as in 18 or older(slightly).Kon has continuously grown since his 1st appearance,always changing,and that should stop now,it should be embraced.
    3c- using his TTK to push his solar reserves out is a neat idea,I'm all for heat vision,bit I'm also wanting a intensified heat aura that we heard about,but never saw,this could be how we see it.i see kons powers as fragmented,but with more options,so him having more control over his reserves falls into that idea.

4-his superhero look could be any of these imo

5-i.loved the Hawaii as "his" place,and would love to see that again,course him being more all around mobile works also.the fortress in a volcano idea is awesome,I would love that

6-kon shouldn't be just a badass (like I also keep pushing for) he should be a caring and thoughtful guy,that's part of his character,and having him care for the son of Superman would make sense,cause he values Superman so much.

7- the YJ4 should never split up,and is a force in the DCU.friendship is magic damnit lol.

I don’t have many ideas about codenames, but if he went to have Hawaii as “his place”, maybe he can be the Superman of Hawai? Similar how Kenan is the Superman of China, I’m not entirely convinced about the idea, but just throwing it out there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I don’t have many ideas about codenames, but if he went to have Hawaii as “his place”, maybe he can be the Superman of Hawai? Similar how Kenan is the Superman of China, I’m not entirely convinced about the idea, but just throwing it out there.

I think if any character calls themselves Superman and it's not a future/alternate reality/elseworld ppl will not accept it,and that goes for a well liked character like kon even.

I think ppl see kenan as someone not real competition so they let him slide.

I wouldn't mind Kon taking 1 step away from the Super family,so he can grow into his own stand alone character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

I wouldn't mind Kon taking 1 step away from the Super family,so he can grow into his own stand alone character.
    I will never understand why anyone says this, why it's said so often, and why people think that this is a good thing.

Making a character move further away from their Family decreases their relevance, it doesn't increase it. The only time this has EVER worked is Dick Grayson, and that only happened because 1) He was ALREADY one of the most popular comic characters, 2) He was starring in the most popular comic DC had in the 80's, and 3) He went through the same transition on the first modern DC animated series, ingratiating Nightwing into the childhoods of millions.

Kenan and the JLC stand on their own as is, even with the names. There would be zero benefit to changing their names.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I will never understand why anyone says this, why it's said so often, and why people think that this is a good thing.

Making a character move further away from their Family decreases their relevance, it doesn't increase it. The only time this has EVER worked is Dick Grayson, and that only happened because 1) He was ALREADY one of the most popular comic characters, 2) He was starring in the most popular comic DC had in the 80's, and 3) He went through the same transition on the first modern DC animated series, ingratiating Nightwing into the childhoods of millions.

Kenan and the JLC stand on their own as is, even with the names. There would be zero benefit to changing their names.

Dick Grayson's path is exactly what kon should be looking to for inspiration. Sure Kon is and never will be as big a name as dick,but most character aren't and never will be,doesn't mean it can't work for him.

Remember kon already went down the Grayson road anyway,Hawaii was his bludhaven,so it's not a stretch for him,and when I say step away that doesn't mean ignore or have nothing to do with the family,more like set up his own life,secret identity,rogues,support characters,and way of doing things.he could show up in another super book every month while doing this.

Jon has the name and hybrid state,kenan has the brash teen state,so he needs his own NEW way.

Keep moving forward is my go to answer for Kon always,but that's with remembering and embracing his past and family.

Have we gotten any word on whether or not the upcoming reappearances of Kon, Bart, and Cassie is just a one off thing, or if they’re here to stay?

Honestly, I’ve sort of lost interest in DC lately, but having those three back would certainly bring me back.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Have we gotten any word on whether or not the upcoming reappearances of Kon, Bart, and Cassie is just a one off thing, or if they’re here to stay?

Honestly, I’ve sort of lost interest in DC lately, but having those three back would certainly bring me back.
    I think the Titans of tomorrow will serve two purposes.

1. Estabilish that the YJ4 existed (or will exist) in universe, since the Titans of Tomorrow can’t exist without their present counterparts (highlighted when in preFP Tim put a gun to his head to make Edgy Tim work for him)
    2. Act as a “prequel” for their eventual return.

I don’t know if they’re going to acknowledge their history together (they should if Tim’s FP history has been restored) or if we are going to go all the way to re-introductions again.

BANNED

I'm hoping now that we are getting this

It will lead to these guys coming back

And they will be more like older versions of these guys

BANNED

I don’t know if they’re going to acknowledge their history together (they should if Tim’s FP history has been restored) or if we are going to go all the way to re-introductions again.
    His origin was restored but not his history. I still like GodisAwesome's idea that Tim ends up getting memories of both timelines, even if everything being restored would be preferable. Just having everyone be where they're supposed to be is a lot more interesting than seeing them all become friends again would be.

We can only hope...also that Spyboy crossover was really weird.

Oh man, that last one all the way.

If we could get these guys back and like how they used to be...that would be awesome.

Oh man, that last one all the way.

If we could get these guys back and like how they used to be...that would be awesome.
    Dang, I know, they can look like Geoff’s versions if they want but with YJ’s personalities, please

BANNED

Dang, I know, they can look like Geoff’s versions if they want but with YJ’s personalities, please
    Good to know we're all on the same page here.

Well, except for Bart. KidFlashBart needs to be left in the past and forgotten and keeping the mantle from him is my favorite thing about NuWally. Impulse all the way! Kid Mercury is also VERY acceptable

Also his giant hair is mandatory.

For the others, I don't love it, but I don't mind Kon's t-shirt look at all, and while I hate how they were drawn a lot of time, Cassie's TT costumes weren't bad.

I find it interesting that current Superman is basically wearing Titans Tomorrow Superman's Costume just with a few alterations. Is it me or did Young Justice always have a progressively higher Female to Male ratio on the team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Is it me or did Young Justice always have a progressively higher Female to Male ratio on the team.
    It wasn't a constant obviously what with the rotating cast, but yeah, there were plenty of times where the female cast was the majority and it was wonderful. With Cassie, Cissie, Greta, Anita, Traya, and Bonnie, and how brilliantly and unique each of them and their relationships with each other were, I'd say YJ has one of the strongest female casts in any book from the Big 2, right up there with Runaways.

Astonishing Member

My problem wasn't just the personalities but also their status quos and how everything was smoothed out and homogenized to be so much like their mentors and predecessors. Kon-El started out as the idea of what it would be like if there were a "delinquent" Superboy. A Superboy who didn't have salt-of-the-earth parents like the Kents to smooth out his rough edges. So, he wasn't a bad kid, but he was cocky, rebellious, hot-headed, impetuous, flirtatious and a show-off. That whole "delinquent" idea is probably what inspired the leather jacket. It was supposed to summon forth images of James Dean, Marlon Brando and S.E. Hinton's book The Outsiders. He also had a unique origin involving Project Cadmus and Paul Westfield. And unique powers (though they could be hard to explain). And they brought him to Hawaii and put his aging on the fritz which created some overtones of Peter Pan. And it was all this unique mix of Jack Kirby, S.E. Hinton and J.M. Barrie.

And then they moved him to Smallville. And they had him live with the Kents. And they gave him standard Kryptonian powers. And a connection to Lex Luthor. And it was all just boring, tweaked Clark Kent stuff. The only thing that was added from there is the whole "does my DNA make me evil" thing which has been done a million times by every superhero who's had a villain for a parent.

Now, I'd love to see Kon-El come back but if they do it I'd just love for it please be something interesting and not just warmed over stuff we've seen a million times before, no matter how "iconic" some people think it is.