Page 136 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2335
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That never has been a problem at DC. WIth the several Flash, Green Lanterns, Batmen Supermen and Wonder Women around at the same time, two Superboys operating at the same time is not a big deal.
    Well, they're usually kind of stingy with it when it comes to Superman and Batman (pre-Morrison). To my knowledge, there's never been another Superman operating while Kal is around outside of alternate reality versions of himself which I exclude. Plus, I assumed, like a lot of people, that they really wanted to give Jon as much room as possible to stand out.

Crazy part is Bendis was the guy that requested for Young Justice (and by proxy Conner) to come back even while he's writing Jon. That speaks to his confidence in the story line that he has cooking for Jon, in my opinion.

Also good point on mentioning that he brought back the original Guardian. I almost forgot about that. I'm operating under the assumption that Bendis will be giving Conner some approximation of his early history, but leaving out the shared history with Tim, Bart, and Cassie since Tim has no idea who he is. So I'm expecting history with Guardian and Cadmus.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I wish it was Tshirt Kon but its Kon either way and im happy he's coming back. I'm all in
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

He's a better picture

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Bendis: “These characters mean a lot to each other personally. Some of them not in this continuity, so they’re gonna meet each other for the first time

So it seems quite likely that this is the first time there's ever been a Young Justice team, thus confirming that Tim likely hasn't met Conner yet like he implied in the Oz Effect tie-in.

Also

“People have been asking for them over and over again,” DiDio added. “But we don’t want to bring them back and have nothing to do with them. It wasn’t until Brian came back and said he wanted to do Young Justice that we decided it was time to bring them back.”

It will be interesting if they have him go by Superboy. Kon didn’t want to be called that at first, so if they gave him a new name I’d be cool with it. But I’d also be fine if both Kon and Jon shared the name. My biggest concern is the attitude, I’m not really a fan of Johns naval-gazing “Lex is my daddy waaaaaah” Conner. That costume screams “punk” to me so I hope that’s what he acts like.

Kon93

Not knowing each orher makes sense, it's the same way everyone got "Manhattaned".what I want though is for them to slowly move toward figuring out that they have a lot of history together, maybe that's why jor-el imprisoned Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well, they're usually kind of stingy with it when it comes to Superman and Batman (pre-Morrison). To my knowledge, there's never been another Superman operating while Kal is around outside of alternate reality versions of himself which I exclude. Plus, I assumed, like a lot of people, that they really wanted to give Jon as much room as possible to stand out.
    There was the Kingdom Come Superman who joined the JSA for a while. And of course, the chinese Super-man. And during the Reing, there were four Supermen.

Crazy part is Bendis was the guy that requested for Young Justice (and by proxy Conner) to come back even while he's writing Jon. That speaks to his confidence in the story line that he has cooking for Jon, in my opinion.

Also good point on mentioning that he brought back the original Guardian. I almost forgot about that. I'm operating under the assumption that Bendis will be giving Conner some approximation of his early history, but leaving out the shared history with Tim, Bart, and Cassie since Tim has no idea who he is. So I'm expecting history with Guardian and Cadmus.
    What I am glad for is to see Gleason drawing a Superboy again.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It will be interesting if they have him go by Superboy. Kon didn’t want to be called that at first, so if they gave him a new name I’d be cool with it. But I’d also be fine if both Kon and Jon shared the name. My biggest concern is the attitude, I’m not really a fan of Johns naval-gazing “Lex is my daddy waaaaaah” Conner. That costume screams “punk” to me so I hope that’s what he acts like.
    I personally feel like Johns kind of ruined Conner. Did anyone still care who his human donor was by that point? And, yeah, the naval gazing was just a waste. I've made it clear I hated the T-shirt and jeans look. He was a perfectly valid hero in his own right before Johns got his hands on him. Then Johns turned him into a stereotypical mopey teenager.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    There was the Kingdom Come Superman who joined the JSA for a while. And of course, the chinese Super-man. And during the Reing, there were four Supermen.
    Somehow forgot about Kenan, but they almost always made it a point to call him New Super-Man, but yeah that counts for sure. KC Superman doesn't because that's just another Kal, and the four Supermen don't because Kal wasn't present while any of them were going by Superman.

What I am glad for is to see Gleason drawing a Superboy again.
    He drew Conner before this? Or do you mean a Superboy?

Kon93

When do you think we will see more Wonder Comics pics at NYCC?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    When do you think we will see more Wonder Comics pics at NYCC?
    possibly at the superman panel or the bendis's spotlight panel. Either way, we'll get more news soon when the january solicits come in like 2 weeks.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    possibly at the superman panel or the bendis's spotlight panel. Either way, we'll get more news soon when the january solicits come in like 2 weeks.
    Man so much SB coming in the future it's amazing.
    YJ tie in issue
    YJ series by bendis
    YJ tv show
    Reign animated movie
    Titans show

I just hope they get him right,AND they atleast give trying to make all these different versions atleast a lil similar to the others so we can reunite the fans

I can't freaking believe it. I had hope but man did this blow me away. And look at him, his 90s get up!. I mean I could do without the spikes and would have prefered the interior of the S shield be black but why quibble over that when Kon is back!!! I see Tim as only one R on his chest. Will he just be Robin and share the name with Damien? It seems that may be the case with Kon and I'm perfectly fine with that. I wonder if he was plucked exactly at the time he escape the cloning tube and placed in Hypertime like Bart. I almost considered the thought he was sent to the future with the Legion. I hope this iteration of Young Justice includes Aqualad since he's nowhere to be found. I hope he has his old school tactile telekinesis with some kryptonian powers beginning to develop. I can't imagine the 50% Luthor 50% Kent origin disappearing. In fact I'd argue like some here that it helps explain his personality. Smart kid with an ego and a bit of a bad boy who also happens to have empathy and a strong sense of justice. His 90's self would have gotten over it pretty quickly and even use it to his advantage. Imagine him staring at Lex and Lexcorp saying, "Hey old man. This is all going to be mine." Followed by throwing massive benefit parties to noble causes. That way he owns it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Man so much SB coming in the future it's amazing.
    YJ tie in issue
    YJ series by bendis
    YJ tv show
    Reign animated movie
    Titans show

I just hope they get him right,AND they atleast give trying to make all these different versions atleast a lil similar to the others so we can reunite the fans
    This is an awesome time to be a Kon/Conner fan. With the resurgence of his 90s look and personality in this upcoming book and next year's movie, there's some hope for synergy. Sure there's YJ but to me that's how I imagine him when he's older. He's at least 22 so it's not a stretch in my mind that there the same guy.