Page 137 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2335
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I can't freaking believe it. I had hope but man did this blow me away. And look at him, his 90s get up!. I mean I could do without the spikes and would have prefered the interior of the S shield be black but why quibble over that when Kon is back!!! I see Tim as only one R on his chest. Will he just be Robin and share the name with Damien? It seems that may be the case with Kon and I'm perfectly fine with that. I wonder if he was plucked exactly at the time he escape the cloning tube and placed in Hypertime like Bart. I almost considered the thought he was sent to the future with the Legion. I hope this iteration of Young Justice includes Aqualad since he's nowhere to be found. I hope he has his old school tactile telekinesis with some kryptonian powers beginning to develop. I can't imagine the 50% Luthor 50% Kent origin disappearing. In fact I'd argue like some here that it helps explain his personality. Smart kid with an ego and a bit of a bad boy who also happens to have empathy and a strong sense of justice. His 90's self would have gotten over it pretty quickly and even use it to his advantage. Imagine him staring at Lex and Lexcorp saying, "Hey old man. This is all going to be mine." Followed by throwing massive benefit parties to noble causes. That way he owns it.
    Yeah the spikes and stuff are a lil over the top for sure,and I agree with the black inside the S,and lex will probably play a bigger part in his life.no matter how young he is or how much his TTK is stressed bendis will probably atleast foreshadow his kryptonian powers.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    This is an awesome time to be a Kon/Conner fan. With the resurgence of his 90s look and personality in this upcoming book and next year's movie, there's some hope for synergy. Sure there's YJ but to me that's how I imagine him when he's older. He's at least 22 so it's not a stretch in my mind that there the same guy.
    Yeah they are ,not so easily ,but easily, the same person,just different ages, and personally I would have went with him being older like his show version, and then bring back some of his classic things that imo make him SB, but if they want to play by the same rules as the new 52 and wally west had to live with than being younger makes total sense

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Not knowing each orher makes sense, it's the same way everyone got "Manhattaned".what I want though is for them to slowly move toward figuring out that they have a lot of history together, maybe that's why jor-el imprisoned Tim.
    It's complicated, because Rebirth try their pre-New 52 stories as "another life". So, it's possible there just little mention about this, while Kon has a new origin.

There is also some "forgotten years" that are part of the new continuity, but the characters should remember in the moment they see each other (like Titans remember Wally pretty fast).

PS: Also, I wonder what happened with the New 52 Kon-el.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It's complicated, because Rebirth try their pre-New 52 stories as "another life". So, it's possible there just little mention about this, while Kon has a new origin.

There is also some "forgotten years" that are part of the new continuity, but the characters should remember in the moment they see each other (like Titans remember Wally pretty fast).

PS: Also, I wonder what happened with the New 52 Kon-el.

Well that other life stuff works IF you say Manhattan messed with time and lives enough to make it feel like it is.

Someday hopefully we get everyone remembering their "past lives" even while living in the now,IF Manhattan doesn't fix what he has done.

New 52 Kon always felt like Match to me.his personality, attitude and advanced powerset just screamed it to me.i wouldn't mind him back as SBs enemy,aslong as he doesn't go bizzaroike Geoff made the original go.

Astonishing Member

Well that other life stuff works IF you say Manhattan messed with time and lives enough to make it feel like it is.

Someday hopefully we get everyone remembering their "past lives" even while living in the now,IF Manhattan doesn't fix what he has done.

New 52 Kon always felt like Match to me.his personality, attitude and advanced powerset just screamed it to me.i wouldn't mind him back as SBs enemy,aslong as he doesn't go bizzaroike Geoff made the original go.
    For now, it doesn't seem to be plans that characters recover their "past lives", they want new stories and interactions with these characters. Maybe there's some revelation about their "past lives", but I doubt they will remember these.

The other thing is that characters like Tim Drake seem younger, I wonder if other changes are happening for this new story.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    For now, it doesn't seem to be plans that characters recover their "past lives", they want new stories and interactions with these characters. Maybe there's some revelation about their "past lives", but I doubt they will remember these.

The other thing is that characters like Tim Drake seem younger, I wonder if other changes are happening for this new story.
    Manhattan restarted the DCU with everyone younger,even wally came back younger,so it makes sense that SB comes back younger.

Also nobody remembered their old lives,only wally had flashbacks,and that was because he was in the speedforce safe,but he still couldn't remember everything.

Tim just knows he is supposed to know Conner,and he is supposed to be his best friend,that is imo how the team comes together,and moves forward.i dont think they will remember their past lives until after doomsday clock

Spectacular Member

I hope Conner is brought back to his origin and re-connected with the Death of Superman. Because that story without Conner is just not the same.

That doesn't seem the case though. His 90's look indicates he is a "fresh" thing... But Tim has a R on his chest... not a double R. Could that imply that the picture is taken "from the past"? I don't know...
    Last edited by AntoKent17; 10-04-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    I hope Conner is brought back to his origin and re-connected with the Death of Superman. Because that story without Conner is just not the same.

That doesn't seem the case though. His 90's look indicates he is a "fresh" thing... But Tim has a R on his chest... not a double R. Could that imply that the picture is taken "from the past"? I don't know...

I'm thinking Manhattan wiped SB out of the Reign,and SB is just now happening,but doomsday clock will open the door to piecing the rightful past events back together and it will change things

Kon93

SBs part of a new Reign of the Supermen movie poster.

SB/kon-el/Conner Kent is going worldwide, going everywhere in 2019

Astonishing Member

Manhattan restarted the DCU with everyone younger,even wally came back younger,so it makes sense that SB comes back younger.

Also nobody remembered their old lives,only wally had flashbacks,and that was because he was in the speedforce safe,but he still couldn't remember everything.

Tim just knows he is supposed to know Conner,and he is supposed to be his best friend,that is imo how the team comes together,and moves forward.i dont think they will remember their past lives until after doomsday clock
    The New52 was the creation of Manhattan with the younger characters. Also, their "new life" has some "forgotten years" which are somewhat similar (but not really equal) to the old continuity.

If Kon and the other Young Justice have an story on the "forgotten years" (like the Titans), they should remember the moment they see each other.

However, their stories on the old continuity won't probably return.

When I say Tim looks younger, I mean he looks younger than New52 Tim, so other changes can be happening. I wonder if New 52 Kon was totally erased.

PS: Tim knows about Conner because he met his Future Counterpart. However, their first meeting could be in this Young Justice comic.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-05-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Kon93

SB for sure has a earring, but I can't tell if it's a earring or a gauge

Any guesses on what his on his hip, looks like a pouch or something. Would be cool if it was something he could carry a pair if super specs and wrist gauntlet

Yes! I have been waiting for this news for so long!

Kon93

I hope bendis spills some SB spoilers at us at his NYCC panel tomorrow (I think)

Kon93

Now that Titans have been renewed for a second season I wonder if SBs casting will be public soon

Now that Titans have been renewed for a second season I wonder if SBs casting will be public soon
    Kon will be in Titans too?I didn't know that.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin