Page 138 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2335

Still can't believe Kons coming back, I wonder what kinda relationship he's gonna have with Jon. They're probably gonna play the cool older brother/uncle angle. Probably make it look like he's being a bad influence.

What are yalls expectations?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Young Justice art by Patrick Gleason

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Young Justice art by Patrick Gleason

Gleason is going to do a great job. He draws the best teen/kid characters at DC right now.

Ding dong Johns-angsty-Conner is dead! That is Superboy dammit.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Gleason added spikes and patches and that grin makes Kon look like he's itching for a fight. I think they're going all-in on the notion of Kon-El being the "delinquent" Superboy.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hhhhh

If Superboy was real I'd run up on him like that too

I think they sort of fixed the spikes if that's the final Gleason model. I can accept the fingerless gloves a little better now

Kon93

Holy shit that's awesome. I might think they went a lil too far with his design, but SB looks amazing, and very interesting also.

So we all know where his attitude will land just by looking at these pics, but howa out his powers, or mix of powers?

Any guesses what is in the side pouch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Holy shit that's awesome. I might think they went a lil too far with his design, but SB looks amazing, and very interesting also.

So we all know where his attitude will land just by looking at these pics, but howa out his powers, or mix of powers?

Any guesses what is in the side pouch?
    He might be getting another costume if this story is set in the past.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Amen to that.

How does time run on Gemworld? Because if it's anything like Faerie time (that is, it doesn't always correlate to time on Earth), and if Conner somehow got trapped there, then it's possible that he may have missed roughly a decade of time between his first appearance in Reign of the Supermen and his first appearance in Bendis' YJ.

No need to invoke the trope of being physically a teen but mentally an adult, and no need to disconnect his origin from the Death/Return of Superman saga; just have him spend a few weeks or months on Gemworld and be brought back to a world where roughly a decade has passed.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    How does time run on Gemworld? Because if it's anything like Faerie time (that is, it doesn't always correlate to time on Earth), and if Conner somehow got trapped there, then it's possible that he may have missed roughly a decade of time between his first appearance in Reign of the Supermen and his first appearance in Bendis' YJ.

No need to invoke the trope of being physically a teen but mentally an adult, and no need to disconnect his origin from the Death/Return of Superman saga; just have him spend a few weeks or months on Gemworld and be brought back to a world where roughly a decade has passed.

I didn't think of that, but that could work pretty easily.

Btw maybe he doesn't have a earring not because it's not a rebellious thing anymore, like tattoos, everyone has one now, but more he has kryptonian powers right along with his TTK. Everybody who they deaged starting in the new 52 on hasn't gotten any weaker,so maybe SB hasn't either. Maybe he has all his powers, just in a younger body, happened to wally, so SB might also.i don't think that's gonna be it, but I wish it would.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Agreed, I understand that Johns likes the character but THIS is Conner, the cool guy of the Superman mythos and I'm glad Reign will also focus on that.

BANNED

Given what Bendis said about "your first loves and tragedies" does that mean Tana Moon will be brought up?

Kon93

I hope its mostly kesels SB,but i know geoffs "conner kent" and "kryptonian powers ",mayhe the black inside the S at sone point.lobdells should just be the cool tactile senses.

Well cassie and megan are now both around, so i see them going that route