Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2335

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    The animation is a lil different,the color of his casual and work shirt is different from past seasons,so yeah those 2 together might give a impression that he has swollen up some,but we probably can't get that lucky.

If he is stuck still he needs those super specs for all the vision powers thru tech,and he needs that wrist gauntlet with the pop out/expandable/and projectile shield,with flight capability of course(be cool if the Legion was a thing so they could use their tech).

If he ages,he is part human,which means he could carry the metagene,not to mention cadmus creations tend to have some form of mental abilities,so TTK could be a thing,new season,new rules weissman.
    I admit a part of me thought they might try something with his human half indicating the meta gene giving him TTK. They were exposing potential metahumans to physical trauma to activate the gene. Maybe Conner needs something to trigger it but I doubt they would go with that. According to Weissman, Conner has telescopic and microscopic vision. He lacks x-ray and heat vision which he could still use a visor for. Combine that with TTK and that could be pretty awesome.

Incredible Member

I think it's a fun look,but yeah it's a lil much.

Could have easily had him wear something closer to YJ shows look,then added the jacket,it would have worked,and kept him progressing,not regressing then moving forward again.
    I think the Reign of the Superman look got it right for the new age. I would have the Superman logo be red and black though since I feel like that's a Conner signature. But I'm fine with the classic logo if some people think that he might have too much black.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I admit a part of me thought they might try something with his human half indicating the meta gene giving him TTK. They were exposing potential metahumans to physical trauma to activate the gene. Maybe Conner needs something to trigger it but I doubt they would go with that. According to Weissman, Conner has telescopic and microscopic vision. He lacks x-ray and heat vision which he could still use a visor for. Combine that with TTK and that could be pretty awesome.

Maybe he needs the right amount of physical trauma to activate his metagene,and even though he gets beat up all the time,it still isnt enough.

He has infra red vision and super hearing,the super specs gives heat,infra red,microscopic, telescopic,and x ray vision.which he should be able to use,because he is also a solar battery.the specs would work better with the YJ version of superboy even better than the original,that would be a major non TTK power upgrade.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I think the Reign of the Superman look got it right for the new age. I would have the Superman logo be red and black though since I feel like that's a Conner signature. But I'm fine with the classic logo if some people think that he might have too much black.
    Yeah the black and red S shield is SBs thing,and it's now a lil weird seeing the original shield he wore.

I thought they were gonna continue the red lines down his super suit,and that would have made it pop more.

I would give him a yellow sewn on S shield on his jacket,like the original.i actually like the lil Ls on the sides though,those and his green eyes is just enough to always remind you that he is part luthor.

I like that we have young SB and older SB,just like we have older and younger clark,but we should have 1 consistent vision of how he should be.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Since this season will be very New God heavy, I'd imagine Superboy to play a a fairly sizable role in some of the episodes even though the show is now more about the newest generation of emerging metas and heroes, New God stuff is kind of his established deal in the show. For one, it's heavily implied that to make Conner the stable clone that he is, The Light had to get help from Darkseid and his New God tech. Conner is also linked mentally to the New God's Sphere aka the Super Cycle. He's made friends with and gained the respect of the Forever People. Ugly Manheim, known Darkseid and New God affiliate, seems to be a reoccurring foe for Conner.

If they don't get to the Superboy/New God link in this season, then I at least hope they hint at it more, and we get it in a possible next season. In regards to furthering Superboy's capabilities? I think the answer can be found with the New Gods. He seems to be able to naturally link with New God tech (see Sphere their combined ability to control Infinity Man). I think they'll give Superboy a Mother Box (or maybe a specialized Father, Son, or Brother Box). This would give him personal boom tube travel capabilities, tech control (Cyborg is likely not in the show), and a god version of the internet

But there's one power that the Mother Box has that could really, REALLY help SB out: its ability to suppress anger/rage. Darkseid's son Orion makes use of this power to control his natural rage (Orion and this version of Conner actually have a bit in common). I'm thinking that maybe SB can get some shields again, and have Mother Box modulate his emotions so that he's still in control while he has a shield on. This lets him have the aforementioned abilities of the Mother Box (boom tubes, tech control, and info), the powers of Superman, and none of the rage drawbacks.

But to even things out he only has a finite number of shields he can use before he needs to restock, and shields have always had a time limit (maybe it's even shorter without the rage?). This lets them keep the same leaping and golden aged powered Superboy, continue his established lore, give him specific capabilities and stipulations that differentiate him from Clark, and give him a story relevant upgrade. Plus, no TTK because they're not into that.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-23-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I’d give Kon the Fleschier shield imo. It’s too cool for someone to not use it.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Since this season will be very New God heavy, I'd imagine Superboy to play a a fairly sizable role in some of the episodes even though the show is now more about the newest generation of emerging metas and heroes, New God stuff is kind of his established deal in the show. For one, it's heavily implied that to make Conner the stable clone that he is, The Light had to get help from Darkseid and his New God tech. Conner is also linked mentally to the New God's Sphere aka the Super Cycle. He's made friends with and gained the respect of the Forever People. Ugly Manheim, known Darkseid and New God affiliate, seems to be a reoccurring foe for Conner.

If they don't get to the Superboy/New God link in this season, then I at least hope they hint at it more, and we get it in a possible next season. In regards to furthering Superboy's capabilities? I think the answer can be found with the New Gods. He seems to be able to naturally link with New God tech (see Sphere their combined ability to control Infinity Man). I think they'll give Superboy a Mother Box (or maybe a specialized Father, Son, or Brother Box). This would give him personal boom tube travel capabilities, tech control (Cyborg is likely not in the show), and a god version of the internet

But there's one power that the Mother Box has that could really, REALLY help SB out: its ability to suppress anger/rage. Darkseid's son Orion makes use of this power to control his natural rage (Orion and this version of Conner actually have a bit in common). I'm thinking that maybe SB can get some shields again, and have Mother Box modulate his emotions so that he's still in control while he has a shield on. This lets him have the aforementioned abilities of the Mother Box (boom tubes, tech control, and info), the powers of Superman, and none of the rage drawbacks.

But to even things out he only has a finite number of shields he can use before he needs to restock, and shields have always had a time limit (maybe it's even shorter without the rage?). This lets them keep the same leaping and golden aged powered Superboy, continue his established lore, give him specific capabilities and stipulations that differentiate him from Clark, and give him a story relevant upgrade. Plus, no TTK because they're not into that.
    The wrist gauntlet was a new God creation(with a legion flight ring of course) wasn't it? The hippie futuristic inventor types I cant think of made it for him.

Sphere
    Super specs
    Wrist gauntlet
    Possible mother/father box

That is a amazing arsenal that he could possibly have if they wanted to let him have it.it would make so much sense for this superboy to dabble in tech to upgrade that it's weird that he hasn't done it yet.

I'm ok if the shields never comeback,and I'm glad season 2 made superboy the hero that thought,strategized,and was the heart of the team imo,so I dont see him needing another anger/shields story arc,when he could move forward with outfitting himself with new God tech(that resembles old school SB tech) and make him step up to next level badassery.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

The fleschier shield on a blue shirt is the perfect way to mix both 90s kesel SB and 00s Geoff Conner.i was shocked when they went retro with flare in the new YJ book and not the flechier S,blue shirt,red fingerless gloved,black leather jacket,cool attitude,badass mix of powers,could have been the perfect way to bring the 90s and 00s fans together.

Maybe he needs the right amount of physical trauma to activate his metagene,and even though he gets beat up all the time,it still isnt enough.

He has infra red vision and super hearing,the super specs gives heat,infra red,microscopic, telescopic,and x ray vision.which he should be able to use,because he is also a solar battery.the specs would work better with the YJ version of superboy even better than the original,that would be a major non TTK power upgrade.
    Yeah I know he has infrared vision and super hearing but here's the link where the question was addressed. https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg....php?qid=19811

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I ompletely agree.

The wrist gauntlet was a new God creation(with a legion flight ring of course) wasn't it? The hippie futuristic inventor types I cant think of made it for him.
    That's not New God tech if it was made by The Hairies. They were from Cadmus. Young Justice already did a sort of play on their concept via the Genom underground village.

I'm ok if the shields never comeback,and I'm glad season 2 made superboy the hero that thought,strategized,and was the heart of the team imo,so I dont see him needing another anger/shields story arc,when he could move forward with outfitting himself with new God tech(that resembles old school SB tech) and make him step up to next level badassery.
    I'm fine with them not coming back too, but thematically it would be a strong idea, I feel. Like, I've been thinking: how did The Light expect Superboy to replace Superman when he was at such a disadvantage in power? But the show creators have stress that The Light viewed Superboy as a success. What was the plan? I think it had to do with the shield patches. The clone would have the diminished powers of Superman at base, but would come equipped with shield patches to be used as needed for the very short time the last. But then to deal with the mental instability that the shields cause they set up the control words like "red sun" and I'm sure more. In that controlled state the clone's emotions don't seem to factor in, but they'd be without a personality/self.

I think using shields in conjunction with a Mother Box's soothing capabilities allows Superboy to function like I hypothesize The Light hoped, but he gets to stay who he is. Sort of a thematic graduation gift. I don't think Superboy's character emotional arc is over, and I think not doing deliberate parallels to Orion would be a missed opportunity.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Yeah I know he has infrared vision and super hearing but here's the link where the question was addressed. https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg....php?qid=19811

Yeah with the shields,but without them he doesn't have them.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's not New God tech if it was made by The Hairies. They were from Cadmus. Young Justice already did a sort of play on their concept via the Genom underground village.

I'm fine with them not coming back too, but thematically it would be a strong idea, I feel. Like, I've been thinking: how did The Light expect Superboy to replace Superman when he was at such a disadvantage in power? But the show creators have stress that The Light viewed Superboy as a success. What was the plan? I think it had to do with the shield patches. The clone would have the diminished powers of Superman at base, but would come equipped with shield patches to be used as needed for the very short time the last. But then to deal with the mental instability that the shields cause they set up the control words like "red sun" and I'm sure more. In that controlled state the clone's emotions don't seem to factor in, but they'd be without a personality/self.

I think using shields in conjunction with a Mother Box's soothing capabilities allows Superboy to function like I hypothesize The Light hoped, but he gets to stay who he is. Sort of a thematic graduation gift. I don't think Superboy's character emotional arc is over, and I think not doing deliberate parallels to Orion would be a missed opportunity.

The Hairies,was that their name,I just remember them being very futuristic like,so I thought they were either new gods or from the future.

Either way he needs someone to build him a pair of super specs and a wrist gauntlet.

I can definitely see a 1 episode story how the Light was going to use SB,equip him with shields and control him with code words and darkseids tech,but plz makenit a 1 and done.

The Hairies,was that their name,I just remember them being very futuristic like,so I thought they were either new gods or from the future.

Either way he needs someone to build him a pair of super specs and a wrist gauntlet.

I can definitely see a 1 episode story how the Light was going to use SB,equip him with shields and control him with code words and darkseids tech,but plz makenit a 1 and done.
    I'll admit the thematic concept of them as performance enhancing drug makes legitimizing them in any form problematic at best. So, I agree with you.

If I'm honest, I think he'd be more than fine with just a Mother Box of some sort. There's honestly a bunch of cool powers for a Mother Box that aren't too crazy that the creators could pick from.

Mixing the physicality of his 1938 style powers with boom tubes that he can jump into would be a pretty dope visual that no one else on The Team (or even the League) has. Kind of like a makeshift Nighcrawler lol
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-23-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Yeah with the shields,but without them he doesn't have them.
    I've never seen him use microscopic vision but cartoon network did list it as one of his powers along with telescopic and infrared when the show first came out. He did use telescopic vision in drop zone while he was using his infrared vision to zoom in on Bane's troops. You even hear the sound effect for it.