Page 43 of 156 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

On this earth could the guy dressed like lex be kon?
    It's not. That's Joel Perry Kent the son of Superman and Lois that was born with no powers due to being exposed to gold K while Lois was carrying him. He is later given a formula by Lex that grants him power, but it wears off and results in his death.

BANNED

Superlad93 you just depressed me twice lol.

Well aslong as they get ONE kon right in the whole damn multiverse I will be happy I guess.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Superlad93 you just depressed me twice lol.

Well aslong as they get ONE kon right in the whole damn multiverse I will be happy I guess.
    Don't feel too bad. The concept of a Superman successor aka a Superboy is a VERY potent and everlasting one. As a concept it comes almost pre packaged with the Superman concept. I think the concept of a Superboy has the most legs when it speaks directly to the dominate generation at the time. This leaves the character very flexible and also inherently relevant.

I'm sure the muiltiverse has room for the Superboy concept (ALMOST) whenever you see the Superman concept (sometimes the Superboy concept isn't needed in the narrative or it clashes with the story) So yes he's likely out there, but maybe not always named Kon-el though.

BANNED

http://www.newsarama.com/23597-origi...-superboy.html

Another convergence SUPERBOY interview

BANNED

Merged pic from the interview above(better than my go at it)

Incredible Member

http://www.newsarama.com/23597-origi...-superboy.html

Another convergence SUPERBOY interview
    Thanks for the link. Given that Fabian says that this Kon has never met a Superman before his reaction to K.C Superman (arguably the most aggressive) sould be interesting IMHO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Thanks for the link. Given that Fabian says that this Kon has never met a Superman before his reaction to K.C Superman (arguably the most aggressive) sould be interesting IMHO.
    Don't forget the other three interviews at post 624 I put here to get more vague answers to questions about the 2 issues.

I will say there seems to be a lil issue with the actual time kon was grabbed from.some say it's at zero hour,and that last interview says while superman was still dead which was way earlier.zero hour happened somewhere around issues 9 or 10 in his series,while superman came back for him to meet kon like over a year in publishing time.

At zero hour timing is when he already knows about having TTK as his power,and being a solar battery,being all human,and getting super specs,while back when superman was still gone he thought he was just a clone of superman,but with flaws,and knew absolutly zero anything about himself.

Huge difference imo.

BANNED

I dojt get myself banned because ppl know im here to have fun,not to be pissed and attack others.i cuss like "holy shit" or "badass" not personal attacks,big difference.use the "be nice" policy,remeber this is all for fun,and just enjoy yourself.

I have liked every version of kon,and i like many things about all of them,so when i start saying the version i want as the main kon i dont want to lose anything great about past versions while creating the one perfect kon.

Im here for fun,to celebrate kon-el,many posters have different likes and dislikes and express them here,and aslong as we keep it positive there is nothing wrong with that.

Oh and kuder did a great job,just think of what might have been if he didnt have only a small amount of time on the book,and was t hampered by all Lobdell did to the character.

Tacfile telekinesis to me means to control and sense the world around you by some form of contact.that means when he internalizes the power he can be a awesome flying brick type,and when he projects it outword he can do almost limitless things.
    his powers imo should be the opposite of supermans-
    Supermans has heat vision and hearing etc powers from manipulating himself,while kon "should" have them from manipulating molecules outside of his body.this is my version only of course,it would be like the difference between supermans super flare and wally wests ability to blow stuff up by agitating the molecules at super speed.

No u haven't always been Nice to ppl, i remember very well u bashing other versions of Superboy, especially the John lane kent thing where other ppl on the Forums decided to make their own thread. I didn't like JLK either but u cusses ur arse off about him to and other things. For all intents you should've gotten' multiple bans. and ur no bigger fan of Superboy than a lot of other ppl of the same version old Superboy you like or different versions. For me the Kessel Grummett Superboy was great for only that time for young 90's Generation I don't belong to whatsoever. My Generation had young kal as Superboy before the 90's Generation was even born. But I like Superboy from the later 90's til' Superboy and other Great Gtreat heroes were killed off from the stupid Idiotic Flashpoint. It ruined DC for most ppl of older Generations like me.

Now i see the young Superboy, which didn't even have the name on Kon-el as a pathetic character. Ppl need to grow up and get over that stupid thing like I got over the old 50's through early 80's Superboy. He doesn't exist anymore thank God. The stupid thing about the Divergent stories is the Fact that Kingdom Come Superman was a good Heroe, and had a God-like Baby with Wonder Woman which Batman was to help raise.

And it seem DC crapped that good Kigdom Come stuff up. DC is about the worst company for Coninuity.

BANNED

Say what?

Uh ok anyways,are yOU getting the 2 part convergence superBOY?

I'm a fan of kon/conner/SB,that's who I follow,and in all his versions.

All the versions have been good in some ways and bad in other ways,and of course if I had my way I would tweak many things about them all.

Incredible Member

I think the first thing needed to fix Superboy is a tactical retcon nuke.
    N.O.W.H.E.R.E? Never made Superboy, they stole him from Cadmus.
    Clone of Jon Kent? Lol nope, Harvest was lying off his ass/cray-cray.
    Non-Tactile Telekinesis? Forget it ever existed, TTK FTW!

In sum, we need a retcon that allows us to ignore the existance of the Lobdell series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    I think the first thing needed to fix Superboy is a tactical retcon nuke.
    N.O.W.H.E.R.E? Never made Superboy, they stole him from Cadmus.
    Clone of Jon Kent? Lol nope, Harvest was lying off his ass/cray-cray.
    Non-Tactile Telekinesis? Forget it ever existed, TTK FTW!

In sum, we need a retcon that allows us to ignore the existance of the Lobdell series.

Idk if we need a retcon to totally ignore the entire series,BUT we do need common sense explanations for getting out of a couple holes lobdell stuck know in.

NOWHERE should have not made kon,led could have made him easy from supermans blood and Lois also from the time kals blood spilled.harvest could have easily have stolen him,because he thought he could find a way to fix jon through studying kon.oh and yeah harvest could just be delusional from all the time travel,I mean do you really think just his physical body would be mutated and not his mind also?

Yes I said kal and Lois,that's IF DC wants that to stay the same,this could easily be changed to kal and lex.

Jon lane kent could have been exaclty what he said he was,the son of Lois and Clark from the future,or he could be harvest attempt to clone a offspring of kals to get close to kill him.

Tactile telekinesis used to be something unique,now it is just another TK like all the rest,just used by someone with a S on his chest.he could have kept what he had in supermans armor suit he had on for awhile to heal,even after he took it off,or maybe as he grows older his powers will grow stronger and more inward,letting him control them better.

The definition of TTK should be -- manipulating or sensing the world around him by any form of contact.that would leave the door open for all kinds of cool and very powerful uses of the power.

And really kon needs to 1) embrace and love being a hero,and 2) love being a human (even if only half) he should be the SUPER who is the one most easily relatable and down to earth.

Excited for convergence

i want some kon El goodies.

BANNED

I'd take all these Convergance books and burn them, not just the 90's Superboy issues, because Fact is that DC seems to have urinated on the Kingdom Come that was created where Superman and the others were Heroes, and not villains. The reality of KC Superman is that 90's Superboy and any other version, with maybe exception to the Silver age Superboy would be toasted by KC Superman. Even Pre-Flashpoint Superman and the current 1 couldn't take KC Superman, it's a Whole Lot of Bs to me.

I loved Kingdom Come with exception to having Superboy and Supergirl in the 30th Century, though i hated Matrix/ Silly putty creature.

As for this version of Superboy, I think DC has just pizzed an real Superboy away to my liking, and don't give a damm about Superboy.

From what the stuoid writer of TT said the Superboy in that 1 won't be the beloved Kon that we like redone by Kuder, so i won't ever by TT. I was Hoping that maybe DC would give Kuder a contract for a New Superboy series, and that could've been their biggest mistake by not doing that. Although I wouldn't know whether to trust Kuder with a Superboy/Kon series, as we didn't know what his intentions would be if he would've done a superboy series. For all we know he also could've made superboy Kon worse, but didn't look like it in Superboys final 2 issues.

I was hoping also that the Supergirl series would help bring Kon into a better life with a couple retcons. Though Supergirl deserves her own Series with her own stories. DC just will most likely never get this version of Superboy/ Kon right.
    Last edited by Warrior10; 03-02-2015 at 06:06 AM.

BANNED

We need to find the happy medium between these two

Amazing Member

For those of you who are worried about how Kon is going to be portrayed in the latest "Teen Titans" comics, I wouldn't worry so much. I don't really think that it's actually gonna be Kon who's gonna be the Superboy who shows up in "Teen Titans #8" and after. Will Pfeifer teased in a Newsarama interview in January that it might not be and this Superboy's behavior doesn't seem characteristic of how we've seen Kon behave in the late Superboy issues and the latest Supergirl issues after he gets resurrected. I think it might actually be one of those clones that Korstus is probably gonna make of Kon in "Supergirl #40", the clone probably being pre-programmed by Korstus to deal with "peace-keeping" in a more violent way. If this is true, then what do I think is gonna happen to Kon after the Supergirl Crucible arc? I'm not exactly sure. I'm hoping that he doesn't die again and that they go with either one of two other options: either he goes back into hiding on his soul-searching quest, or more preferably, Kara takes him to Metropolis to live with his "dad" (which could possibly explain the influence on Superman's look, ); (though seriously, this new development might actually be able to fit into being part of Superman's new status quo and learning about Kon's origins (at least some of which have to be mentioned in order for Kon to explain his resurrection, though I don't think that he has to mention Lois being part of it) would definitely have a huge impact on Clark, possibly leading to his relationship with Wonder Woman being tested as it mentions in "Superman/Wonder Woman #18"). If this is all true, I think that it would be really cool to see Kon eventually showing up to battle his impostor for his place in the Titans, but this is all just speculation on my part, so we'll have to wait and see what actually happens.
    Last edited by PRgirl94; 03-12-2015 at 03:30 PM.