Page 53 of 156 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Man, poor Supergboy, he also has been butchered by DC.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Man your ability to decipher depth in a pic is not all that good,you even prove it with the JL Pic.Aquaman is obviously placed much farther back than cyborg here.cyborg is standing right behind flash,while Aquaman is atleast 2 steps behind Hal.same for kon,he is NOT straight across from kara,but farther back.kon is atleast 2 steps behind jay,just like Aquaman was behind hal.
    That makes zero sense composition wise. As you can see everyone is placed at roughly the same distance in comparison to their opposite end counterpart. Wonder Woman is shorter than Batman because generally speaking she's drawn shorter than him.

Cyborg has a larger body width and thus fills out more space in comparison to Aquaman. This is why he may appear closer to Flash. But if you look at the head size you can tell that both Aquaman and Cyborg are the same distance away.

Plus, again, it makes zero sense composition wise to put a character steps behind his or her other side counterpart in a picture where the point is symmetry. The only way that makes sense is if it's done to make a shorter character look as tall as a taller character, but as we see that's not done in either picture.

But the fact is Cyborg is 6'5 and Aquaman is 6'1 and that shows clear as day in the picture. With this new picture being a homage to the old one, I don't see any reason to feel the same thing didn't happen in the new picture. So I'm incline to think Superboy is shorter than Supergirl in Rebirth.

I think my hypothesis is pretty sound.

BANNED

Ok 1st thing 1st I am ok with a younger superboy,either a deaged kon or jon,and Ithe would be pretty cool to have jon have the attitude and look of the original SB,so I'm not against it.

We just have a disagreement about a pic,which makes everyone look off,cause imo the kid flash in the middle is shorter than he looks.

Either way I hope kon Gets the therapy he needs from what DC has done to him,and he can be apart of Rebirth

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing some agenda or campaigning for this younger Superboy. It' just the way the picture looks. Otherwise it seems the artist has placed the Superboy abnormally far in the back for no good reason.

Ultimately all we can do is wait and see

Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing some agenda or campaigning for this younger Superboy. It' just the way the picture looks. Otherwise it seems the artist has placed the Superboy abnormally far in the back for no good reason.

Ultimately all we can do is wait and see
    I do think there is room for both,and it would be cool to have jon take up the kid with attitude persona kon had for years (before geoff),aslong as kon can still be used and treated correctly,maybe let him grow into being how the Young Justice season 2 superboy was.

I do think there is room for both,and it would be cool to have jon take up the kid with attitude persona kon had for years (before geoff),aslong as kon can still be used and treated correctly,maybe let him grow into being how the Young Justice season 2 superboy was.
    Sure, I see no reason their can't be two of them around. It might even be Chris Kent. Though I don't know how likely (or necessary) that is while Jon White is around.

Super League is more than likely where we'll see the start of this character whoever it may be. Given the fact that Pre-flashpoint Superman and his family are involved I think there's a pretty good chance Jon will be following in his pop's footsteps once he learns his dad was a Superman. Armed with his mothers wit and attitude and his dad's strength, that should make for a really fun and rambunctious Superboy just waiting to take the world on. Well worth a reader's time and money.

Then again, maybe maybe DC pulled Kon form TT because they wanted to leave the option open to do some out of the box things with him to correct his current state. Maybe it's more age related clone shenanigans at play? Kon always had parallels to the spirit of youth, Peter Pan, and that's basically where the inspiration for his aging problems in the old comics come from. YJ turned it on it's head to create something interesting. Maybe this is yet another dive into that pool? Maybe now he finds himself aging backwards and now retroactively having the childhood he was never given. His consciousness desperately trying to hold on to all of the life experiences he's had, but he always seems to find that in a lot of ways he's letting himself get swept up in finally being an actual kid for the first time.

There are a myriad of ways they can go with the prospect of a young Super kid be it Jon, Kon, Chris, or whoever. Just make it a good and compelling story/take, and DC you're printing money at that point.

I personally think that in rebirth Kon-el It will be superboy because you have in renaissance costume it is similar to that used in the 90s and rebirth is an event which is to restore the legacy of classic characters and past history of them

kon-el age surely be that of a 16 year old

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Sure, I see no reason their can't be two of them around. It might even be Chris Kent. Though I don't know how likely (or necessary) that is while Jon White is around.

Super League is more than likely where we'll see the start of this character whoever it may be. Given the fact that Pre-flashpoint Superman and his family are involved I think there's a pretty good chance Jon will be following in his pop's footsteps once he learns his dad was a Superman. Armed with his mothers wit and attitude and his dad's strength, that should make for a really fun and rambunctious Superboy just waiting to take the world on. Well worth a reader's time and money.

Then again, maybe maybe DC pulled Kon form TT because they wanted to leave the option open to do some out of the box things with him to correct his current state. Maybe it's more age related clone shenanigans at play? Kon always had parallels to the spirit of youth, Peter Pan, and that's basically where the inspiration for his aging problems in the old comics come from. YJ turned it on it's head to create something interesting. Maybe this is yet another dive into that pool? Maybe now he finds himself aging backwards and now retroactively having the childhood he was never given. His consciousness desperately trying to hold on to all of the life experiences he's had, but he always seems to find that in a lot of ways he's letting himself get swept up in finally being an actual kid for the first time.

There are a myriad of ways they can go with the prospect of a young Super kid be it Jon, Kon, Chris, or whoever. Just make it a good and compelling story/take, and DC you're printing money at that point.
    Using Jon White would be a massive misstep. They deserve their own reality to explore and build. Our Superman deserves his own supporting cast, which has been largely demolished since Lobdell left the book oddly enough.

I say create a whole new Superboy from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    I personally think that in rebirth Kon-el It will be superboy because you have in renaissance costume it is similar to that used in the 90s and rebirth is an event which is to restore the legacy of classic characters and past history of them
    Yeah I'd given some thought as to what that actually means in DC's eyes. DC has a funny way of going about things when it comes to "legacy" or anything "classic". For all we know when they say "classic" in terms of a Superboy they're talking about meshing the old imaginary story idea of the son of Superman and the idea of the 90's successor to the throne.

That could end up warping a character into this pseudo classic approximation that's more an upholding of sensibilities rather than a verbatim return to form.

This isn't me saying that I don't think there's no chance of a modernized 90's Superboy or Kon-el continuing on as Superboy. No, I think there's a very good chance of that. But there's also just as good a chance that DC would rather do an approximation of those sensibilities. It's wait an see right now.

But I have my doubts maybe hopes) that whoever he is, he's a little younger than 16. A contemporary to Damian is my personal hopes. But I can't speak to anything concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Using Jon White would be a massive misstep. They deserve their own reality to explore and build. Our Superman deserves his own supporting cast, which has been largely demolished since Lobdell left the book oddly enough.

I say create a whole new Superboy from the ground up.
    I don't really have a preference one way or the other. I'm sure Jon and his family can find their place in this new world like Powergirl before them. In fact just the other day I was think you could almost make them your Fantastic Four (Three). But it'd be more the Hickman Secret Wars version. Have them explore other avenues outside of by the numbers heroics. Family dynamics painted across a universal canvas. But Maybe Jon isn't completely down with his dad's new direction for the family? Maybe he wants to go into heroics? There's story there. Doesn't have to be the one I'd just farted out of thin air, but it's there somewhere. Just takes a smart and forward thinking team to do it.

Also no reason Superman's cast can't include them, right? But honestly I feel no real attachment to any of these characters as they are presented. Hope Rebirth can give me something to latch on to.

Yeah I'd given some thought as to what that actually means in DC's eyes. DC has a funny way of going about things when it comes to "legacy" or anything "classic". For all we know when they say "classic" in terms of a Superboy they're talking about meshing the old imaginary story idea of the son of Superman and the idea of the 90's successor to the throne.

That could end up warping a character into this pseudo classic approximation that's more an upholding of sensibilities rather than a verbatim return to form.

This isn't me saying that I don't think there's no chance of a modernized 90's Superboy or Kon-el continuing on as Superboy. No, I think there's a very good chance of that. But there's also just as good a chance that DC would rather do an approximation of those sensibilities. It's wait an see right now.

But I have my doubts maybe hopes) that whoever he is, he's a little younger than 16. A contemporary to Damian is my personal hopes. But I can't speak to anything concrete.
    another reason why I think it is kon-el it is for the haircut which it is same as it was in the 90s

BANNED

Crazy theories
    Nu lois gets pre superdads powers,becomes Superwoman
    Jons powers emerge,becoming a super sons
    Pre lois and clark (powerless) lead,train,and help jon be a hero
    Kon will be "magically" fixed and be readable again.he then will be with his friends in the TT team,not with damian(tim for the win,lil punk).

I am more worried about kon now more than ever,seeing as though DC could possibly feel jon could take his place,and let's face it,kon has been screwed so he is ripe for the axe.

So wat are things that jon can not take from kon,that will keep kon unique and a character worthy of page time?

Spectacular Member

Crazy theories
    Nu lois gets pre superdads powers,becomes Superwoman
    Jons powers emerge,becoming a super sons
    Pre lois and clark (powerless) lead,train,and help jon be a hero
    Kon will be "magically" fixed and be readable again.he then will be with his friends in the TT team,not with damian(tim for the win,lil punk).

I am more worried about kon now more than ever,seeing as though DC could possibly feel jon could take his place,and let's face it,kon has been screwed so he is ripe for the axe.

So wat are things that jon can not take from kon,that will keep kon unique and a character worthy of page time?
    Well if it's Damien and Jon, it works better age wise. Damian is about 10 yrs old, while Kon is 16 to 17 yrs old. Kon and Tim Drake is the perfect team up there.

BANNED

Kon better not be screwed over when the Rebirth hits,and he needs to get back to what makes him great,and yes that means absorbing a lil magic from the kesel,johns,YJ show,and smallville version.

And yes im wanting kon to be created by humans trying to recreate a God,then sprinkle in the attitude and unique powers