Page 81 of 156 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2335

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Well, Black Dawn will set the tone for the upcoming adventures for Jon. Right now, from what I've heard, there's no connection between Conner and the son of Supes. Simply because Conner never saw the light in this new timeline.
    As I stated before, I don't know for sure if he'll ever be reinstated, but my educated guess is that he's not going to be any time soon.

I've read in this forum many possible reinstatement-return-placement scenarios...
    But, in my opinion, if Conner can't be THE Conner of Reign of the Supermen there's no reason for him to come back. Otherwise he would be a totally different character.
    And, unless evidence clearly says the opposite in the upcoming weeks, ROTS has nearly ZERO chance to have happened.
    And I'm very sad about that.

As far as Jon is concerned, I've got this feeling that they're saturating the market with his presence a little bit too much.
    I know he, as a character, received great appreciation from the start... but he's on Superman, Action Comics, Super Sons, he's gonna be on Teen Titans (and that is another bummer for Conner)... who knows what else in the near future...
    I think they need to slow down things a little bit about him... and that thing about Batman saying he's more powerful than his dad certainly isn't helping...
    He won't appear in TT, he will appear in SuperSons though I don't doubt he might appear on TT on the near future.

Kon has the YJ team when they come back, I think they are trying to solid Jon's position as Superboy and once his status quo is estabilished, DC will reveal Kon's new status quo with whatever new name he will have and establish his old history as the first Superboy (if Clark never went for that name).

Spectacular Member

Honestly, I just think Kon, Cassie, Tim and Bart are absent right now because they were pretty messed up in the New 52. Even more than Superman! I believe DC is just taking their time to look for a way to "fix" in order to fit them in the post-Rebirth universe. Superman has been fixed just now, I believe we'll see the YJ gen next year, at the end of Rebirth, or a little before.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Well, Black Dawn will set the tone for the upcoming adventures for Jon. Right now, from what I've heard, there's no connection between Conner and the son of Supes. Simply because Conner never saw the light in this new timeline.
    As I stated before, I don't know for sure if he'll ever be reinstated, but my educated guess is that he's not going to be any time soon.
    I see. Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    DC got rid of Linda danvers/matrix with the quickness when they got Kara back,so.i wouldn't be surprised if they are trying erase Kon also.They have all the RoTS players back,but for Kara for matrix,and imo Jon for Kon.jon has the hero name,the hybrid state,and probably a bio aura,which we all know Cadmus translated that into kons TTK.
    Wow. That's a really good point that never once crossed my mind, but it makes perfect sense. It's like, you finally have hybrid son of Superman. Basically like getting the long lost cousin of Superman. Man I'm conflicted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I see. Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Wow. That's a really good point that never once crossed my mind, but it makes perfect sense. It's like, you finally have hybrid son of Superman. Basically like getting the long lost cousin of Superman. Man I'm conflicted.

What is there.to be conflicted about.YES,it's awesome to finally.have a true son of Superman,but it's pure **** if it means to erase a character who is a huge fan favorite.

What are they gonna do,wipe.him.off the YJ show,and "act" like Jon has been there the whole.time.

Yes matrix/Linda danvers got some love back inmtje day,bit it was NEVER as much or as wide spread as Kon did.when he got.a series,she got.a mini,she has always been more a background character(that I loved),Kon,u could.barely.keep him.from.stealing the show.

What is there.to be conflicted about.YES,it's awesome to finally.have a true son of Superman,but it's pure **** if it means to erase a character who is a huge fan favorite
    Because Jon is fast becoming one of my favorite characters, but Kon is already a deeply beloved character for me, so I'm conflicted.

What are they gonna do,wipe.him.off the YJ show,and "act" like Jon has been there the whole.time.
    Did you hear that season 3 of YJ is gonna be another time skip? I wonder if during this time Clark and Lois have had a baby and he's now old enough to have super powers? Keep in mind that YJ season 3 has only recently started production well after Jon has already been established. It's well within likelihood that we could see him in the show. We're already at a teenage Tim Drake, Wonder Girl, and dead Jason. Damian is almost assured to be on his way. I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced Damian and Jon in an episode called "Super Sons."

I just wonder what Kon has been up to. He didn't seem to take issue with his aging because he adopted the Martian philosophy of the body being "clothes for the mind." They didn't seem to be interested in finding a cure for it because they didn't see it as a set back. So I wonder how they've had him progress?

Another YJ timeskip? No. No offense but I really want them to work on the team they already have imo, unless it's a 6 months time skip. But in the case they did it would be proof that Jon and Kon exist on the same universe, since Kon would be Jon's uncle in YJTV verse. The cool uncle that never ages.

Also, someone has probably pointed it out, but DC plans to release Kesel's Superboy book one in 2018 (Which if it's released I'll get because I only read YJ and not SB), does that mean that DC is in fact interested in his return?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    Honestly, I just think Kon, Cassie, Tim and Bart are absent right now because they were pretty messed up in the New 52. Even more than Superman! I believe DC is just taking their time to look for a way to "fix" in order to fit them in the post-Rebirth universe. Superman has been fixed just now, I believe we'll see the YJ gen next year, at the end of Rebirth, or a little before.
    Simple fix... A Boom Tube opens up and Conner, Tim, Bart, Cassie, Cissie and Greta riding the Super-cycle pop out. They were in transit when a multi-dimensional anomaly hit and left them lost in the multiverse for however long you want them to be (perhaps none at all). Hailing from the DCU c. 1998 (somewhere within the first 10 issues, maybe right after DC 1,000,000 for sort of the high water mark of optimism) they are now strangers in a strange land (i.e. the modern DCU).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris24601 View Post
    Simple fix... A Boom Tube opens up and Conner, Tim, Bart, Cassie, Cissie and Greta riding the Super-cycle pop out. They were in transit when a multi-dimensional anomaly hit and left them lost in the multiverse for however long you want them to be (perhaps none at all). Hailing from the DCU c. 1998 (somewhere within the first 10 issues, maybe right after DC 1,000,000 for sort of the high water mark of optimism) they are now strangers in a strange land (i.e. the modern DCU).
    That would be fantastic.

Honestly, I can imagine them arriving my accident in the n52 and being like "why is everyone younger? Why is everything depressing and dumb?"

BANNED

1st you can like both Kon and Jon,there is no reason to have to pick 1 or the other.sure I would like to have Kon back,but that doesn't mean I don't want to read Super Son's also.

The YJ shows time skip served a purpose,and got us closer to where the comics were,atleast the YJ teens.all those same characters are about the same age as they were on the show,so a time skip just to be able to add a few pet characters would be foolish imo.

I could see dick hanging back more,and Kon running the actual missions,boots on ground.i can also see him making himself the best he can be,as in tactical training,martial arts,weapons(hopefully the super specs and shield),to fill the gaps he feels he needs to feel.

I could see Kon and Megan married on the show,and co leading the YJ team.

I hope the fact that they are starting to put out more Kon related material it's a good sign for him, INSTEAD of just putting out "fun" superboy type stories to relate back to jon,who wasn't a part of it.

Do you guys actually want a young Kon to come back? Mostly when Jon is around taking up the fun superboy mantle? Me personally I want him a few years older and wiser,more able in all ways.let him and his generation show everyone what they can do now that they have "grown up" in the business.

1st you can like both Kon and Jon,there is no reason to have to pick 1 or the other.sure I would like to have Kon back,but that doesn't mean I don't want to read Super Son's also.
    Never said I had to pick one. I love Jon as a character and I'm totally unashamed of it. I'm only conflicted because of the idea you put forth: Jon being the son of Superman possibly putting Jon in a Lina sort of position. I'm only conflicted if this theory holds true, but even if it holds true and Kon is gone because of Jon, I'll continue to love the kid.

The YJ shows time skip served a purpose,and got us closer to where the comics were,atleast the YJ teens.all those same characters are about the same age as they were on the show,so a time skip just to be able to add a few pet characters would be foolish imo.
    You can look it up yourself. The creators of the show already expressed that they wanted to do another time skip. Given the popularity of both Jon and Damian (Damian not only getting a spot in the new Injustice game but also getting his own Batman solo game), I wouldn't at all be surprised if they wanted to use them.

I hope the fact that they are starting to put out more Kon related material it's a good sign for him, INSTEAD of just putting out "fun" superboy type stories to relate back to jon,who wasn't a part of it.
    That's the thing we just don't know. They could very well just be putting out those old stories in the interest of swelling up focus on the Superboy brand and not specifically the character of Kon.

Do you guys actually want a young Kon to come back? Mostly when Jon is around taking up the fun superboy mantle? Me personally I want him a few years older and wiser,more able in all ways.let him and his generation show everyone what they can do now that they have "grown up" in the business.
    Have you ever checked out Young Avengers by Kieron Gillen? It was probably the best new superhero book of 2013, honestly. Well there's this character in their call Marvel Boy aka Noh-Varr. He's easily one of my favorite characters in comics, and part of that reason is because some of the way he's written by Gillen reminds me of like a cross between 90s Kon and YJ (show) Kon. He's sexually active/charged and not at all shy to show it (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3f6879bd71.jpg). Look at how dope and effective he looks in action (http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...1372032499.jpg) I think if they took a little inspiration from Noh-Varr, Kon would be in a very good and distinctive place. Jon can be cute, wholesome, and infectiously charming. Kon can be sexy, cool, and free loving. He'd be the sex symbol of the Superman family. Somewhat like Dick Grayson.

I could easily see Kon saying something like this

I wouldn't mind to see a young/90s Kon-El in flashbacks, but in the present he must be 17-18, maybe he can look 16 because he reciently got to age but he has the maturity of a 17-18 year old.

Also, didn't Kon live in Hawaii? You could take that idea from Kesel's run as well, trying to find out a 'new' identity while still being a hero and takes Hawaii as his own 'Bludhaven' of sorts. Maybe a Hawaii-esque imaginary place could work too!

Wonder Girl will get a DC spotlight on september, although it will be shared between Donna and Cassie, Tim's Robin solo will get the fifth volume and Kon getting his solo run reprinted? It can be a coincidence, but it might as well mean something, YJ and Geoff's Titans also are getting a reprint, I might be grasping things though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Never said I had to pick one. I love Jon as a character and I'm totally unashamed of it. I'm only conflicted because of the idea you put forth: Jon being the son of Superman possibly putting Jon in a Lina sort of position. I'm only conflicted if this theory holds true, but even if it holds true and Kon is gone because of Jon, I'll continue to love the kid.

You can look it up yourself. The creators of the show already expressed that they wanted to do another time skip. Given the popularity of both Jon and Damian (Damian not only getting a spot in the new Injustice game but also getting his own Batman solo game), I wouldn't at all be surprised if they wanted to use them.

That's the thing we just don't know. They could very well just be putting out those old stories in the interest of swelling up focus on the Superboy brand and not specifically the character of Kon.

Have you ever checked out Young Avengers by Kieron Gillen? It was probably the best new superhero book of 2013, honestly. Well there's this character in their call Marvel Boy aka Noh-Varr. He's easily one of my favorite characters in comics, and part of that reason is because some of the way he's written by Gillen reminds me of like a cross between 90s Kon and YJ (show) Kon. He's sexually active/charged and not at all shy to show it (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3f6879bd71.jpg). Look at how dope and effective he looks in action (http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/8045...1372032499.jpg) I think if they took a little inspiration from Noh-Varr, Kon would be in a very good and distinctive place. Jon can be cute, wholesome, and infectiously charming. Kon can be sexy, cool, and free loving. He'd be the sex symbol of the Superman family. Somewhat like Dick Grayson.

I could easily see Kon saying something like this

So.you are proud of yourself for doing something that isn't anything anybody else would.just do.

You think the show should have a big ol time jump that totally takes the "young" out of the core characters,just so we can get 2 "almost" over exposed characters more exposure.

You see all the YJ/Kon/TT reprints as more of a way to "push" Jon,even though he has nothing to do with it,and ppl love the hell out of the characters involved

Marvel boy has always been a cool as hell badass guy,and I've liked him "mostly" before his YA days.and I can see Kon absolutely being "similar" to noh,hopefully a lil less cliche.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I wouldn't mind to see a young/90s Kon-El in flashbacks, but in the present he must be 17-18, maybe he can look 16 because he reciently got to age but he has the maturity of a 17-18 year old.

Also, didn't Kon live in Hawaii? You could take that idea from Kesel's run as well, trying to find out a 'new' identity while still being a hero and takes Hawaii as his own 'Bludhaven' of sorts. Maybe a Hawaii-esque imaginary place could work too!

Wonder Girl will get a DC spotlight on september, although it will be shared between Donna and Cassie, Tim's Robin solo will get the fifth volume and Kon getting his solo run reprinted? It can be a coincidence, but it might as well mean something, YJ and Geoff's Titans also are getting a reprint, I might be grasping things though.

I.would.love to see a 18-21 year old Kon go back.to Hawaii to do his own thing and be where he was and is known from,but now in a totally new way.love.that idea.

God I want all.this material.coming out,the missing YJ generation,and YJ season 3 being the triggers that bring back the generation that was more than "just us"

So.you are proud of yourself for doing something that isn't anything anybody else would.just do.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Dude, all I'm saying is I like them both, and I'd rather DC to rationalize that they can only have one.

You think the show should have a big ol time jump that totally takes the "young" out of the core characters,just so we can get 2 "almost" over exposed characters more exposure.
    I said the creators of the show have expressed that they may want to do a time skip for season 3. I never said that a time skip would be my first thought. I'm simply pointing out that IF they did a time skip then you could have the super sons. Never did I say that I wanted a time skip personally.

Note:that my confusion come from you using a period as opposed to a question mark. A period makes the sentence read as though you're telling me that this is what I'm think.

You see all the YJ/Kon/TT reprints as more of a way to "push" Jon,even though he has nothing to do with it,and ppl love the hell out of the characters involved
    No, not personally, but DC's has a pretty strange sense of marketing, so I wouldn't know for sure. Plus, you're the one who brought up the possibility of them doing that to somehow relate back to Jon. I was just agreeing that it might be something they'd do.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.

I think a timeskip to show up Jon would be weird, since he is a new character it doesn't fit with the way Clark treated Conner on s1, I think he'd have been more understanding if he had a son. I feel that if a timeskip happens again, it will be a 'months' timeskip, but that's me being positive because I want them to work on the roster they already have .

I need to rewatch YJ, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see Kon leading the team if Dick stepped down, it would be a chance to show how much he has matured and it would make sense because Superman is one of the leaders of the league.