Super Moderator

Default "Agents of SHIELD" Finale Recap: Save Our Show

An overstuffed finale makes an argument for why Marvel should stick with its network spy drama another year. ABC bought the argument. Will fans?

Full article here.

BANNED

well, I'd have to agree with every positive and negative that this review cites about the show.

BANNED

This review was achingly stupid. It seemed to be written by someone who would benefit by having someone explain the story to them as they're watching. I had to stop reading the review about halfway through it was so poorly thought-through.

From the review:

"During the extremely confusing opening where S.H.I.E.L.D. refuses to retaliate when one of their own is murdered"

What confusion? That S.H.I.E.L.D. refused to immediately start a full-fledged war?

And this:

"Director Coulson is similarly ineffectual at the start. Faced with the biggest threat to S.H.I.E.L.D. since Hydra attacked, his “wait and see” approach may as well have come with dialogue explaining “I can’t make a move until more of the plot is in place.”

Or, as director of S.H.I.E.L.D., he can't make a rash decision that would put many more lives in danger without having full knowledge of the situation.

I had to stop reading after that. If a reviewer is that much of a moron to not understand that starting a war between two races without any solid information would make Coulson a terrible leader, what worthwhile observations about the show could they possibly make?

Did I watch the same show as the reviewer? I thought it was beautifully written and a fun 2 hour ride.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

"As an previously unseen, still unnamed multiplying Inhuman douses the show in lame effects more fitting of a ’90s era syndication series (like Mutant X…does anybody remember Mutant X?),"

She was seen in at least 2 previous episodes... she just didn't multiply in them.

As for the effects... her power is creating multiple copies of herself. I'm not sure how over-the-top VFX are warranted...

And some of my favorite shows were 90's syndicated shows. Xena: Warrior Princess had the best fight choreography of any show I've ever seen, before or since.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This review was achingly stupid. It seemed to be written by someone who would benefit by having someone explain the story to them as they're watching. I had to stop reading the review about halfway through it was so poorly thought-through.

From the review:

"During the extremely confusing opening where S.H.I.E.L.D. refuses to retaliate when one of their own is murdered"
    Re the reviewer: Sometimes they should pay attention to what's going on! LOL I would have thought the Coulson continually trying to find out where Gonsalez was before taking agressive action was perfectly in tune with his position being far away, the mission brief and his evolution as a character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Re the reviewer: Sometimes they should pay attention to what's going on! LOL I would have thought the Coulson continually trying to find out where Gonsalez was before taking agressive action was perfectly in tune with his position being far away, the mission brief and his evolution as a character.
    Agreed.

If Picard wanted to gather more intelligence rather than follow Worf's first impulse to launch a salvo of photon-torpedoes, nobody would have a problem with it.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor