Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Parallax saying he knows where Deimos is , is pretty significant if you read his tie-in issue #2.

BANNED

Parallax will defeat Deimos, Brainiac , or any other opponent and set the multiverse back to the way it was/should be. Just like he should have won and done in Zero Hour!
    Dude I Love Hal but Seriously now it would be too much even for him

Incredible Member

Were Kingdom Come Superman and Wonder Woman actually with Deimos?

I was also confused...which version of Captain Marvel was that at the end? Flashpoint? Kingdom Come?

Astonishing Member

This was solid. Though I was bummed that the entire Earth-0 Justice League involvement was what we saw in the preview.

Still, finally seeing different timeline versions of characters meet either themselves or their legacies was the cool stuff. Vintage Barry reliving his first meeting with Jay, except it's the New 52 young again Jay with the modern costume. But those two, destined to bump into one another. Superman Prime, the potential golden sun god, automatically being the pinnacle. Weird Telos hijinx. Possibility of Parallax going ape on everything. And hey, even a 1-panel appearance by Nix Uotan satiates my need for that kind of story cohesion.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Getting fun. It's like a Silver/Bronze Age "Summer Crisis" story.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It is getting fun, and the conglomerate 1985/1994/2011 team-up page was great. However, "the Kingdom Come characters are evil!" thing ruined the last page. Somebody please tell me that they're being mind-controlled, because I can't imagine a writer being THAT obtuse.

Also, out of all the tie-ins I read this week (SOTB, Catwoman, Suicide Squad, and Superboy), I think I liked Suicide Squad the best...in spite of the fact that it included Cyborg Superman, who a) is wearing the wrong costume for May/June 1994, and b) was trapped on Apokolips at the time anyway. Loose continuity drives me nuts.

Yeah; that was grating. I could see the KC Wonder Woman and/or the “out of control” younger generation there, for different reasons (Wonder Woman showed that she's willing to kill given appropriate justification; and the hallmark of KC's next generation was that they didn't need justification); but the one thing that was consistent about Superman all through KC was that it took a nuke seemingly killing everyone around him to push him to the point where he was willing to kill — and all it took to stop him was one ordinary man telling him to stop. He, of all people, would never buy into the notion of killing other people to ensure the survival of his own.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

It's so funny hearing all of these people complain about the Earth 2 characters. One of the biggest criticisms supposedly lauded at DC is that DC doesn't do anything with their non Big 7 characters (primarily batman and superman), so we now have a series dedicated towards the Earth 2 characters and suddenly everyone wants the big 7. *Face palm*

It seems like most people wrote this story off as filler, but with the new 52 characters appearing it got serious. I never believed this was filler. I do think it's a pay back to the fans who missed the nu52 and I also think it's going to create something very satisfying moving forward. The classic supes is his ow character, different from nu52. Room for both and convergence is letting that happen. It's great

Better than secret wars too!

We've got two more issues before we know for sure; but it's certainly looking more and more like Convergence is going to have long-term consequences, just as the guys in charge have been promising.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Pre Flashpoint Superman is the best Superman. This issue was great. Only bummer the KC heroes playing villain. Unless they are playing fool while trying to figure out how to save everyone.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    It is getting fun, and the conglomerate 1985/1994/2011 team-up page was great. However, "the Kingdom Come characters are evil!" thing ruined the last page. Somebody please tell me that they're being mind-controlled, because I can't imagine a writer being THAT obtuse.
    My theory right now is that the Kingdom Come characters are bluffing and waiting for the right time to strike at Demos.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

I couldn't help but notice that on the page of Deimos calling Flash, Supergirl, Superman and Parallax that 3/4 of those folks have sacrificed themselves in events...