Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Man of Steel #2 mentions that Superman was out of town when the dome went up, and Steel was visiting Metropolis with his neice and nephew. So it's post-“Reign of the Supermen”. Continuity-wise, I'm just writing off everything pertaining to Superboy as “they didn't do the research”; there are just too many glitches to assume anything else.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Man of Steel #2 mentions that Superman was out of town when the dome went up, and Steel was visiting Metropolis with his neice and nephew. So it's post-“Reign of the Supermen”. Continuity-wise, I'm just writing off everything pertaining to Superboy as “they didn't do the research”; there are just too many glitches to assume anything else.
    Superboy #2 also mentions that Superman was just out of town, even though Superboy #1 seemed to imply that the dome appeared before he returned, since Superboy talks like he never met Superman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    Superboy #2 also mentions that Superman was just out of town, even though Superboy #1 seemed to imply that the dome appeared before he returned, since Superboy talks like he never met Superman.
    Yes, I just read the issue a day or so ago...not long after my post. I really don't get why he left town for a bit though...the dome came down during the Paralax fight whch he was taking part in. Would he REALLY take time off while Hal was trying to kill everyone? Goes to his favorite pub for a beer just outside Metropolis...? Bizarre.

Yeah, there is a lot of that stuff. I don't the the idea that these were supposed to be the same cities was explained very well. Or explained at all to the creators. Like last week Batman is fighting a bunch of idiots and teaching his "sons" a lesson and chatting with Superman while elsewhere in the same town that Aquaman is trying to drown everything and attack with an army of sea creatures? Yeah, Bruce and Clark wouldn't get involved in that at all (sarcasm font missing).

My only question is how does Captain Marvel end up on the bad guy's side? He should be able to tell the difference between Ultraman and Superman, he should know by now that Lex isn't exactly on the good guys side.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    My only question is how does Captain Marvel end up on the bad guy's side? He should be able to tell the difference between Ultraman and Superman, he should know by now that Lex isn't exactly on the good guys side.
    I was wondering the same thing until I read Superman: Convergence. I don' think it's Captain Marvel - I think it's Captain Thunder from Flashpoint.

Surprisingly, the John Byrne Superman does not appear to have been brought into Convergence, even though his (pre-Zero Hour) Metropolis was taken. Apparently, he was out of town when the dome went up?

Not Kingdom Come; Flashpoint’s Captain Thunder.

Yeah; but you can't trust anything they say.

Or can you? :P
    I think it was the Kingdom Come Shazam. 2 points. First, if you look at the lightning bolt, it doesn't have the circle that the Flashpoint Capt Thunder's has. Second, he says that Superman doesn't look too tough to him, FP Cap Thunder got his a$$ handed to him by this Superman when they fought in Superman's mini series.

Astonishing Member

I assumed glitches, too. I mean they wanted to use who they wanted to use and it has to work. Not to sound too research intensive, but if they'd just looked at a wiki page for every big, "being used" character in the month before the Zero Issues came out, they'd at least have some consistency. But since it's limited to who might or might not have been in Metropolis that day, it's already an iffy proposition.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com