Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Agents of SHIELD" EP Talks Season Finale Bombshells & Repercussions

Jeffrey Bell talks with CBR about Ward's quest for vengeance, Mockingbird's "badass" nature and the team's status heading into Season Three.

Full article here.

What is with Marvel and their cutting-hands-off fetish!? If you count hulkbuster it has happened in almost every Phase 2 movie and now SHIELD too. I really hope its not blatant synergy trying to subliminally tell us to go watch Star Wars.

I hope we don't see a poor little ant's limb get ripped off in Ant-Man
    Last edited by TonySnark; 05-13-2015 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo

BenT90

I don't remember where it was. I think the hour Marvel Special they did before Guardian's came out. Kevin Feige noted in the movies they tasked everyone to do a tribute to the Empire Strikes Back and Luke losing his Hand. All Phase 2 movies someone loses a "hand". In Iron Man 3 I think it was Aldrich Killian Lost his arm but grew it back. Thor: the Dark World Thor "loses" his hand to Loki. Captain America Buckey technically lost his arm. Guardians of the Galaxies Groot gets his arms chopped off by Gamora. Avengers We get to see how Klaw loses his arm and finally AoS Coulson. Hope that Answers your question. Ant-man is technically phase 3 so I don't know if they're going to carry the Tribute.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

We introduced Henry [Simmons], Adrianne [Palicki] and Nick [Blood] this season, but everybody else has gone through some big changes.
    Simmons was in season 1 … granted I skipped a lot of season 1, but I saw enough to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by TonySnark View Post
    What is with Marvel and their cutting-hands-off fetish!? If you count hulkbuster it has happened in almost every Phase 2 movie and now SHIELD too. I really hope its not blatant synergy trying to subliminally tell us to go watch Star Wars.

I hope we don't see a poor little ant's limb get ripped off in Ant-Man
    It's an easter egg. They've done it in every Phase 2 film as a tribute to Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Simmons was in season 1 … granted I skipped a lot of season 1, but I saw enough to know that.
    Not Simmons the character. Henry Simmons, the actor who plays Mac. His first episode was 2x01.

BANNED

The character Jemma Simmons was in season 1. The actor Henry Simmons (which is who Bell was talking about) was not.

All-New Member

So the obvious Question:

Is Simmons getting Superpowers? If so, what kind?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Not Simmons the character. Henry Simmons, the actor who plays Mac. His first episode was 2x01.
    Whoops! xD

Too many people called Simmons …

Amazing Member

No. He wasn't. Henry Simmons (actor's name) was not a member of the cast until Season 2 when Lucy lawless et. al. were introduced.

:edit: I can't delete. So, even though there are a bunch of replies already, guess mine has to stay too. Sorry.

Ant-man is the last film of Phase 2. Marvel has maintained that since the announcement in October.

Quote Originally Posted by BenT90 View Post
    I don't remember where it was. I think the hour Marvel Special they did before Guardian's came out. Kevin Feige noted in the movies they tasked everyone to do a tribute to the Empire Strikes Back and Luke losing his Hand. All Phase 2 movies someone loses a "hand". In Iron Man 3 I think it was Aldrich Killian Lost his arm but grew it back. Thor: the Dark World Thor "loses" his hand to Loki. Captain America Buckey technically lost his arm. Guardians of the Galaxies Groot gets his arms chopped off by Gamora. Avengers We get to see how Klaw loses his arm and finally AoS Coulson. Hope that Answers your question. Ant-man is technically phase 3 so I don't know if they're going to carry the Tribute.

I really don't know how to think about Ward becoming Season 3's Big Bad.

I kinda liked him better as an unpredictable Wild Card Anti-Hero/Villain.

Incredible Member

I find it amusing that none of the future Inhumans will be vegan.

But it was really stretching credibility to see that they just left the plane and its known cargo of alien bioweapon crystals at the bottom of the ocean (and not even very deep ocean) without regard. Coulson deserves to get reamed by an oversight committee for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TonySnark View Post
    I think the connection is that it's a nod to The Empire Strikes Back, just for fun.

Niffleheim

I got into this show because of the Inhumans but i left feeling confused as to why they were introduced if they are only going to be used as antagonists.

Amazing Member

They aren't. If you read the write-up for this episode it refers to them as a 'rogue' group of Inhumans.