Page 1 of 386 123451151101 ... LastLast
    "Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

New Mutants Movie

Here comes the next X-Men universe movie!

From Deadline.com:

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline.com
    EXCLUSIVE: Fox has closed a deal with The Fault In Our Stars director Josh Boone to co-write and direct The New Mutants, a standalone spinoff that expands its X-Men movie universe. The series, already part of the X-Men Comics universe, introduces a new crop of mutant characters born with special powers. Boone will co-write with Knate Gwaltney. Simon Kinberg will produce with Lauren Shuler Donner.

It is not surprising that the studio would want Boone to grow into bigger things. He came out of nowhere to direct The Fault In Our Stars, an adaptation of the John Green novel The Fault In Our Stars. The book had a rabid youthful fan base, but Boone showed a strong feel in bringing youthful pathos to the screen, and while Shailene Woodley was already an emerging star, both Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolff broke through as new stars on that film. The result was a $12 million budget Fox 2000 film that grossed $307 million worldwide. Boone became a hot director right away off that success, and among the projects he has been linked to are adaptations of the Stephen King novels The Stand and Lisey’s Story. He’s also been mentioned as one of the directors Marvel and Sony have been sweet on for the live action Spider-Man franchise reboot. Next up for him is The Vampire Chronicles at Universal, a reboot based on the Anne Rice novels that were turned into Interview With The Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. The Stand would go after, so The New Mutants is a couple years away.

Said Kinberg of the X-Men expansion with Boone: “We’re so excited to explore this new part of the X-Men universe, and so excited to do it with Josh, who is uniquely suited to tell this story about young characters.”
    By the white wolf! Let's talk about this, X-Books!

Who do you want to see on the cast?

Which stories do you think would be well adapted?

So on and so forth!
    Last edited by Filthy Mutie; 05-13-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a film, not a TV show. My guess is that it will be a sort-of "composite" team taking character from a number of different sources. New Mutants, Generation X, New X-Men, etc. For example, I could see them potentially putting Jubilee on the team in the films.

^I hope so I hope it takes from different teams cuz the New Mutant are ok but I really need me some Gen X characters to really get into this.... and is it a tv series or movie?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So... JGS.

It's a movie btw, not a tv serie.

When was this confirmed as a TV show?

BANNED

Superhero Comic Books > Superhero Cartoons > Nothing > Superhero TV Show

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

They won't be putting Jubilee in this, unless this is about the X-Men Apoc youngsters. Which it won't be. I have a feeling it'll run alongside the main series, which features the Apoc crew in the past while this is set in the present.

Moonstar and Cannonball are pretty much a given. After that I want to see Karma, Rictor, Shatterstar, and Boom Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    It's a movie btw, not a tv serie.
    Yes, Fox and Marvel are in talks for an X-Factor TV show which Marvel has to approve unlike films, but that doesn't seem likely to happen given current relations.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Promising they can start with the original cast. Expanding from there. The movie could be a series hi-lighting the New mutants as a senior class that is the first of a few classes of students that move forward each year or movie or whatever. New Mutants have flexibility of being a part of the movie franchise that explores the inner workings of the school and teen angst accompanied with various x mythos.

well this is certainly exciting.

and to me signals the possibility to retain members of the original cast in the reset timeline ...acting in teacher role.

ellen paige kitty, kelsey grammar beast, famke jean are now options.

possibly even anna paquin finally getting to be "bruiser" rogue.

really, the sky is the limit here.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Hot damn. I love the new mutants. Wow.
    "Self has no time for this."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yep definitely q, movie. I just hope they actually use the original team rather then pull random mutants into and call it new mutants
    X-Men Forever

Ultimate Member

Well Sunspot and Warpath were already in DOFP. So it'd be simple enough to bring them back. Now Fox, GIVE ME ILLYANA!! I've been patient long enough.

Niffleheim

Roberto, Rahne, Sam, Dani and Karma. I hope they start with the originals but i'm sure Fox is going to include Allen Page (Kitty) in the film. I wish i could master some enthusiasm but i just can't. There hasn't been even one X-Movie that has made me walk in cloud nine after watching them. So whatever they churn up i guess i'll give it a look see. Such a shame because CC's writing in New Mutants is soooooooooooo cinematic that they dont even need to do that much work.