Page 329 of 386 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    First look at Cecilia Reyes Powers.

Also China planning on reopening theaters in June.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-says-1292369?
    I take comfort in the revelation that the previous image of Dani in this scene was not an indication of her power signature in the movie. I think the filmmakers are going for practical effects to show the expression of her fear power, and I'm not mad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

In Amazon Streaming Maybe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    In Amazon Streaming Maybe

No sometimes stream services will list a movie that is not out or still in theaters ahead of any stream release.

That is more to me saying-we will have it here to stream when it's time.

Yeah its listed on a few other streaming services
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No sometimes stream services will list a movie that is not out or still in theaters ahead of any stream release.

That is more to me saying-we will have it here to stream when it's time.
    Considering the original April release date, it could have just been automatically listed. There's no confirmation. And after theaters owners went after Universal last week for saying they would look at more premium VOD releases instead of theaters, I'm not sure Disney is going to announce any more. All of the studios have 1 or 2, but New Mutants is a little higher profile as an X-Men movie. It could slot into July 4th weekend and theater owners would be thrilled.

It still could go premium VOD release plus release in theaters which are open currently.

Finally they can get it streamed and over with. paying 25 dollars is a bit too much.

Amazon pulled the pre-order link. I'm guessing ClanAskani is right in that it was an automatic update of some kind. :P

Interestingly, the UK listing is still there:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Mutants...language=en_GB
    Last edited by pandafarmer; 05-04-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Yeah doesn't bode well for a theatrical release
    GrindrStone(D)

Disney is having a Q2 Earnings webcast tomorrow, so it's possible there will be some sort of update about New Mutants then. Universal made more money releasing Trolls 2 on premium VOD then they made with the theatrical release of the first Trolls movie. But theaters aren't too happy about that since more major releases going VOD means they could go out of business.

If New Mutants does have a premium VOD release, then it's going to need to be smoothed over with theater owners that they are keeping the release date for Mulan and likely putting New Mutants out for any theaters which currently are open. Mission Tiki Drive-In in Southern California is having some premiere events and Rian Johnson might do a live commentary for Knives Out. So, there could be some sort of actual "premiere" for the cast and crew that's in LA. Theaters that are reopening lack any releases, but there are plenty of people in the film industry that don't want to lure people to places that might end up killing them and don't care about theaters going out of business. But studio execs need to play nice with the theater chains owners.

But Disney is really hurting with the parks, hotels and cruise ships closed and lack of releases, so if they put New Mutants out for $25.99 then maybe they raise the same $50-$80 Million dollars Universal with Troll 2. That's something their investors would be happy with. I suspect it needs to be done in a way they smooth things over with theaters, not just randomly put up on Amazon. AMC threatened to stop showing Universal's movies due to Trolls 2 (which includes the Fast & The Furious franchise). While theater chains doing that over New Mutants would be odd, they freaked out over Trolls 2 going VOD so who knows... It's just the principle of premium VOD that's the problem.

Edited to add:

Exhibitor Relations on Twitter posted they've heard it is going VOD:

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/sta...15071657013251
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 05-04-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Okay, I'm mad.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm 100% okay with VOD. It means I can enjoy in the comfort of my own home. Only downer is that a lot of folks might balk at the $25 price tag when the reality is that they'd spend twice as much going to the theater. On the plus, I think it's possible the more hard core movie fans will watch that might have skipped before since... I mean... what else are they going to do?
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Extraordinary Member

At this point I think I'd be fine with VOD just to get to see it already.

yeah VOD is fine . This wasn't exactly a surefire box-office hit before the shuffled scheduling and its only been downhill from there ... it probably has a better chance of making a buck like this

The gag is it would have been more profitable had it released back in 2018 when originally dated

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah its listed on a few other streaming services
    If you go to Netflix and look up Candyman-the photos on it are from the new movie but it's the original one. In fact I think another movie is like that.