Page 293 of 386 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 5790
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I gotta be honest. I'm not anti-Fox or a trend follower that likes whatever is popular Disney guy, but I hope this fails so that we can get brown actors for the brown characters.
    I don't think this will fail but it won't make enough to get invited into the MCU. Most their non main movie get close to a billion. I could maybe even lose Maisie but not Anya. I think she's perfect for Magik. Reminds me of Hugh and Logan, and Ryan and Deadpool.

Amazing Member

Kind of spoilers because the animatic follows what Illyana and Lockheed do in the last scene from the trailer, but does anyone remember this from 2016? It’s finally coming to life 4 years later.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men...onball-a147035

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I gotta be honest. I'm not anti-Fox or a trend follower that likes whatever is popular Disney guy, but I hope this fails so that we can get brown actors for the brown characters.
    There is nothing about this that doesn't sound petty.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    X-Men Evolution (the worst x-men cartoon by far)
    In a world where Wolverine and The X-Men exist I'm not sure how Evolution can be called the worst X-Men cartoon.
    Really if anything it's the best one.

I had completely forgot about Wolverine & The X-Men. Then again Evo was my intro to the X-Men when I was a kid so I'm a bit partial.

Despite some casting issues I want this to succeed. It feels like, at least from interviews, that Boon & the cast put their all into this despite grumblings even years ago that the X-Men would be swallowed into the MCU sooner than later.

I'm not expecting it to make bank but it would be a nice note to end the Fox franchise considering it started good only to go out with few nice surprises & a lot more whimpers.

It's sad that after so long the only legacy this movie will get to leave is that it was stuck in production hell because Disney bought Fox and some of the actors aren't brown enough. I'm sure it'll be an entertaining movie but in the end nobody is going to care because we only focus on identity politics in movies now.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    It's sad that after so long the only legacy this movie will get to leave is that it was stuck in production hell because Disney bought Fox and some of the actors aren't brown enough. I'm sure it'll be an entertaining movie but in the end nobody is going to care because we only focus on identity politics in movies now.
    Honestly though the average movie goer doesn't know who these characters are. If the 5-10% of the watching audience is upset by this, then so be it. It won't be the first or last time this has happened to source material of any type. And I'm saying this as someone who agrees it's a bummer that they didn't cast properly.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Do you fancy Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" becoming musically tied to "The New Mutants," just as "Hooked on a Feeling" has become to "Guardians of the Galaxy," and Led Zep--I mean, AC/DC to...a certain red-and-yellow armored X-Men/mutantdom antagonist who is otherwise considered a hero elsewhere in Marvel, sort of?
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 01-07-2020 at 08:22 AM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Yes, god forbid people complain about some of the few black characters the franchise has being turned white in order to be "movie ready."

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Yes, god forbid people complain about some of the few black characters the franchise has being turned white in order to be "movie ready."
    Yeah, and I imagine the same -- if not louder -- outrage would be made if, say, Illyana was cast with a black actress.
    Just like when gorgeous Michael B Jordan was cast as Johnny in the last Fantastic Flop.

I expect Magik will be the breakout star of this film, judging from the trailer. She's the only one that really looks like her comic-book counterpart, and was always the most interesting character in the comic for me. On the other hand, her backstory is part of what makes her interesting, and I expect they'll skimp on that aspect of her (but obviously fingers crossed that they won't).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I expect Magik will be the breakout star of this film, judging from the trailer. She's the only one that really looks like her comic-book counterpart, and was always the most interesting character in the comic for me. On the other hand, her backstory is part of what makes her interesting, and I expect they'll skimp on that aspect of her (but obviously fingers crossed that they won't).
    Agreed, and I'd be willing to put money on it. Magik has a lot going for her that ought to get audience attention. She's going to have a GREAT look when she's armored up, and she's definitely got personality. There's a bit of edge and swagger in Taylor-Joy's performance that we see in the trailer. Plus, audiences simply gravitate to darker/troubled female characters. And of course it helps that she's cute.

After the snippets we've gotten from this I REALLY want to see Ana's Magik and Dafne Keen's X-23 on screen together.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Agreed, and I'd be willing to put money on it. Magik has a lot going for her that ought to get audience attention. She's going to have a GREAT look when she's armored up, and she's definitely got personality. There's a bit of edge and swagger in Taylor-Joy's performance that we see in the trailer. Plus, audiences simply gravitate to darker/troubled female characters. And of course it helps that she's cute.

After the snippets we've gotten from this I REALLY want to see Ana's Magik and Dafne Keen's X-23 on screen together.
    ^ Don't make me think of the glorious AU type scenes we could have had in a Logan sequel with an aged Yana somehow encountering Laura.... damnit. We're not allowed nice things
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The Umbrella Academy had a better production value.

This movie should have come out years ago under Fox and Fox alone. I can't believe Disney is still releasing this.

Poor Roberto, Cece, and I will even include Sam. Honestly Dani isn't giving me the right vibes either. What a mess.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    She is definitely the stand out person. From the trailer, she has received the most attention. The accent, the sword, the personality all looks on point. I have seen some comments on YouTube who have said she does a better Russian accent than Black Widow.

its Anna Taylor's acting and attitude, she is one of the best young actresses in Hollywood. very reminiscence of a young Jennifer Lawrence before she became a Diva.

Such a shame this new mutants potential is a little to late, Fox were fools not to understand just how appealing some of these xmen characters already were in geek Kingdom that had the potential to break out on their own in movies and spin offs. they just exhausted Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique, Xavier.

I have seen more interest in Magik and Rhaine than Jlaw's Mystique in her last 2 x-men movies.

If and if this movie succeeds, I will hope Disney makes the trilogy as planned, give Bonnes his creative due and just keep it separate from the MCU since I know this is not part of the MCU already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    If and if this movie succeeds, I will hope Disney makes the trilogy as planned, give Bonnes his creative due and just keep it separate from the MCU since I know this is not part of the MCU already.
    Didn't Feige make comments suggesting they may use New Mutants as a means of introducing mutants to the MCU?