Page 376 of 386 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    I actually went to see New Mutants today. Its been 3 weeks since it opened so I figured the "rush" to see it would have died down.
    Thankfully, my theatre was a ghost town. Only 3 people were seeng the film with me so I could distance easily and I wore my mask the full time.

This film feels like t was written by a bipolar person who both likes X-men and someone who doesn't give a ****.

I confess I am not a NM xpert. I read issues 80-100 of Vol 1 and the first 3 years of Xforce vol1 . I am unfamiliar with Demon Bear story, but generally know of the characters through Claremonts Uncanny and other stuff.

Pros:

The casting and backstory for Rahne,Illyana,Sam and Dani. Illyana and Rahne feel pretty well characterized. Dani is the man character, but Illyana is the breakout character.

Special effects were decent esp involving Illyana.

Cons

Cannonball and especially Sunspot get little to do and less characterization compared to the girls. I remember Sunspot washing dishes more than anything else.

Sunspot and Cecilia Reyes are not black. Reyes was used just for her powers, but not for her character. Kinda bland personality and she is not supposed to be an evil or amoral scientist character.

The film is 86 minutes without credits, yet it feels like a 2 hr film. It needed some more excitement and action scenes imo.

For something that was billed as being a horror film, it is surprisingly not scary.
    I am a soft scaredycat and I only felt dread once and it was due to a priest lol

A bland, unmemorable film with some nice Illyana bits.

**Overall: 5.5/10**
    Generous lol
    GrindrStone(D)

I actually went to see New Mutants today. Its been 3 weeks since it opened so I figured the "rush" to see it would have died down.
    Thankfully, my theatre was a ghost town. Only 3 people were seeng the film with me so I could distance easily and I wore my mask the full time.

This film feels like t was written by a bipolar person who both likes X-men and someone who doesn't give a ****.
    Yes it was a rollercoaster, quality-wise. I liked the basic premise, what they were going for here, and sometimes it worked, but in many places execution fell way short. This movie needed reshoots in the worst way but I suppose people in the higher rungs of the ladder didn't care.
    "Buffy" references were hilarious. "Here is the episode we're totally going to rip off here - and this is how we do it!"
    Any way, it's not the worst X-men movie ever, but it's not a tragic masterpiece either.

I confess I am not a NM xpert. I read issues 80-100 of Vol 1 and the first 3 years of Xforce vol1 . I am unfamiliar with Demon Bear story, but generally know of the characters through Claremonts Uncanny and other stuff.
    I read the "Demon Bear" story shortly before seeing the movie. There are plenty of differences (basically the movie told a new story based on the concepts), but there are parallels.

The casting and backstory for Rahne,Illyana,Sam and Dani. Illyana and Rahne feel pretty well characterized. Dani is the man character, but Illyana is the breakout character.
    Yeah, really did like the cast, which is good, given how few characters there are.

Cannonball and especially Sunspot get little to do and less characterization compared to the girls. I remember Sunspot washing dishes more than anything else.
    I can see the point, but I would maintain that they were given more characterization and plot then a lot of the supporting team members in the Fox X-Men movies are. Case in point, I think it's safe to say that Cyclops got way less development and material in the original three movies combined then these characters did in this one movie.

For something that was billed as being a horror film, it is surprisingly not scary.
    I am a soft scaredycat and I only felt dread once and it was due to a priest lol
    I don't like scary movies, so I was glad that it was as tame as it was. I do respect that I'm probably in the minority for that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Is New Mutants apart of the MCU? I think I recall somebody saying that. I'm not sure.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Is New Mutants apart of the MCU? I think I recall somebody saying that. I'm not sure.
    Nope, but those character could have been recasted in the MCU If the movie did extremely well. I mean a couple of them could still be used. Like Magik and Rahne who have slightly higher profile actors and are very good fits for their character.

Kevin Feige will not touch any of these actors for the MCU. Ryan Reynold's Deadpool might get folded in somehow, but that's about it for the Fox-Men.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Kevin Feige will not touch any of these actors for the MCU. Ryan Reynold's Deadpool might get folded in somehow, but that's about it for the Fox-Men.
    Well they will make 3rd Deadpool at very least and unless it totally flops, probably more. And it seems unlikely they will drop the X-characters who have already appeared in the series - Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Domino.
    Of course it will have a scene where Weasel asks if he should call X-men for help and Deadpool is like "No! We're under Disney now!" and whips out his list of characters he plans to call for support: Captain America, Thor, Spider-Man, Elsa & Anna, Kylo Ren...

We'll see about that. I could see Feige wanting Piotr folded into the main X-Men team. You could do another Deadpool without the old supporting characters. If Spider-Man were up for grabs, or Monster Island, for example, no one would miss the old ones, and Wade can even comment on it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Well yes, if/when they restart X-universe with Colossus in it, they probably don't want Deadpool's somewhat comedic Colossus there. Still I think it would be weird if all connection to X-mansion was severed.
    And they probably won't be adding more X-characters. Though it would be funny if Magik was there, if her brother is too? Colossus would give another pretentious speech how the X-men do not kill, and Magik is like huh? sorry was too busy cutting down these goons. And the infamous 'Do you want to make out?' banter would fit right in.

So this has been out for a month. Has there been any news about a release date for streaming/blu-ray?

Disney pushed back more of their schedule to 2021 with Eternals now delayed all the way to November 2021. Film production is being more severely impacted than tv production, so that gives Feige more time to figure out what to do with the MCU now.

Not that I think any of the MCU cast really cares if New Mutants is or isn't integrated in the MCU, but it is a lesbian couple being excluded. And MCU cast have been talking about their social responsibility in the roles they chose. Kit Harington in a recent interview said he wouldn't take roles which showed toxic male heroes anymore. Maisie mentioned in one of her recent interviews about her very diverse British TV show about how actors need to demand diversity and representation for minorities and women and mentioned something Florence Pugh shared as inspiration. Not that Maisie's friends are going to get her into the MCU, but some of the MCU actors aren't looking at these roles as a paycheck. They've been inspired to try to do more, and that will impact Feige trying to sign these actors onto long term contracts for more movies if they don't see the MCU as diverse or lacking representation of certain groups.

Feige's role isn't just managing characters or stories. It's talent management and keeping the cast wanting to sign on for more and more films.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 09-23-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Also, Disney may keep this in theaters a while if nothing else is coming.

Disney/Fox moved up Empty Man (based on Cullen Bunn's comic series) to the end of October. That's about it for movies coming out in October from major studios.

Disney isn't releasing box office numbers every day, so BoxOfficeMojo's numbers aren't accurate, but New Mutants is at least $18M domestic now. Shawn Robbins at Box Office Pro forecast it getting close to hitting $20M this weekend. It could be up to $25M by the end of October if more theaters keep opening and there isn't shutdown (San Diego might end up having to shut down again after cases have increased, but LA could open theaters in 2 weeks).

Why y'all? Why?
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Chapter 3 of my rewrite of the movie is up.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1369014...s-film-rewrite