Page 276 of 386 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This movie can and should rot in development hell. I'm not spending money to watch FOX whitewash Sunspot and Cecilia.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

To be fair the movie could come out and spoilers:
    still not spend money to see it
    end of spoilers

:P
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    And honestly I think the only reason they are keeping NM on the slate is because there is a built in audience for it. I can't blame them for playing a bit of "what do we do with this" on this film because it absolutely doesn't fit into the MCU one bit. It's possible they are trying to figure out how they can adapt it as such, but then they would have announced it as part of the Phase 4 releases at SDCC.
    What built in audience? I hoep you arent talking about comic readers bc we are a mere insignificant fraction of the audience that is needed to go to the theaters and make this break even

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I've worked in theater where there is absolutely some bleed over within the film community. I see both sides here. Yes, they could have been more aggressive on the search but it's absolutely possible that the agencies contacted didn't have someone that fit the age/sex/build/skill needed for the role. It's also possible that they did find some actors that fit the bill but they had other projects that couldn't wait or they just didn't want the role. It's possible they could only work with certain agencies due to contracts and Henry was the best fit without bringing in a Brazilian actor who spoke poor English.

So then they have to break it down to other options... a female Roberta? Younger Sunspot? An less suave looking Roberto? A non-Brazilian (Anja's not Russian after all)? A lighter skinned Brazilian? Personally I'm happy with the last option if they did indeed have issues like I described above to best match the personality of the character.

However it's also possible they just scooped him up because he was fresh off "13 Reason's Why" and wanted to add some more recognizable faces to the cast... in which case I feel the complaints are valid.
    I've watched 13 Reasons Why and I don't even remember the sunspot actor in it. I looked him up and he was the Tony character's boyfriend in a few episodes. He was a minor character at best and far from memorable. My guess is he was cast because his cheap, speaks English, is Brazilian and is handsome. Given the relatively low budget of New Mutants I doubt the casting search for roles was that extensive.

is there a final official release date and platform?

When they announced there would be a New Mutants movie, I was thrilled because it was my favorite comic growing up. When they said it was going to be a horror movie, I was less enthused because it just sounded like a stupidly needless twist away from the actual story.

With all the delays, I'm no longer expecting to ever see it come out in theaters or at this point even on a streaming service or whatever.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

I don’t care anymore if this movie is released or not, but I was interested in heroin chic Cannonball.

Mighty Member

I have pretty much been over the movie since the casting of Sunspot and CeCe.. For those who really want to see it.. I hope you can see it on the streaming service. But I cant see myself watching this movie if it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I don’t care anymore if this movie is released or not, but I was interested in heroin chic Cannonball.
    "Ah'm invulnerable when Ah'm blastin'!" as Sam took a line off the Danger Room floor.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    When they announced there would be a New Mutants movie, I was thrilled because it was my favorite comic growing up. When they said it was going to be a horror movie, I was less enthused because it just sounded like a stupidly needless twist away from the actual story.

With all the delays, I'm no longer expecting to ever see it come out in theaters or at this point even on a streaming service or whatever.
    it was going to be a horror, then executives did a super hero adventure. Then the horror trailer was well received on internet and the executives wanted it to transform into a horror movie again.
    A big mess

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I honestly gave up on this movie. The wait and all the problems have killed any hype I had for it

it is a shame because I really wanted to see this team on the bigg screen, they deserve more recognition but after this I doubt Disney will want anything to do with these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    "Ah'm invulnerable when Ah'm blastin'!" as Sam took a line off the Danger Room floor.
    Bobby looks in disgust at the former hellfire goon turned newest teammate. 'Use the mirror Hillbilly' he Spanishly thinks before resuming his painful but mandatory skin bleaching regiment
    *New Mutants: Limbo Tales coming soon...

BANNED

I was fed up when they cast the always wooden (and white-ish) Alice Braga as Cecilia fucking Reyes, and I've never found Charlie Heaton terribly inspiring on Stranger Things. but I flat out did not know who the dude playing Bobby was supposed to be at first.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This movie can and should rot in development hell. I'm not spending money to watch FOX whitewash Sunspot and Cecilia.
    What? Wait. Alice Braga is CECILIA REYES?

How in the hell is it 2019 and this is still happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    What? Wait. Alice Braga is CECILIA REYES?

How in the hell is it 2019 and this is still happening?
    complacency...