Page 249 of 386 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 5790
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    After The Last Stand they still had plans for a bunch of movies. It was Origins Wolverine that caused them to pull the plug on those projects.
    Yeah, but it was meant to be the end of the main series.

Hasbto reportedly has the new date of the movie in September.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The idea to make New Mutants into a horror genre was a good idea. It puts the superhero franchise into a different direction because most horror films have some kind of supernatural superhuman threat. It would be interesting to see how kids with superpowers deal with those threats, or if those threats simply become that much more difficult. Given their power sets and histories it also makes sense.

We've been watching super hero movies for 20 years...it's time for a new direction. Hopefully NM can deliver that and honestly they should've gone for a Halloween release.
    The idea in and of itself was not bad. It was the execution that seemed like a mess. Going by the trailer they showed it just looked liked a horror movie period. They should have shown at least a glimmer of the kids actually using powers to tell the audience "yeah these kids have super powers" but they didn't. They made it look like nothing but a straight up kids in a haunted house trailer which we have seen a hundred times already.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think the New Mutants will work perfectly as a school-based spin-off show for Disney+. Introduce the X-Men and the Xavier Institute in the first X-Men movie, then spin-off the students in their own show. Thanks to the bigger budgets for Disney+ shows, they could use the school setting from the movie and afford to have whatever actor will play Professor Xavier as a regular, with perhaps a guest-star or 2 from the main X-Men team.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I think the New Mutants will work perfectly as a school-based spin-off show for Disney+. Introduce the X-Men and the Xavier Institute in the first X-Men movie, then spin-off the students in their own show. Thanks to the bigger budgets for Disney+ shows, they could use the school setting from the movie and afford to have whatever actor will play Professor Xavier as a regular, with perhaps a guest-star or 2 from the main X-Men team.
    Ugh that sounds so cool/interesting so you know it won't happen :/

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I like the idea if done I think they should have it be like Gen-X in terms of a separate location for the Students school and the X-Men base and use their safety in the ever growing dangerous world as the excuse to avoid where's the X-Men complaints. My vote would be Karma as Head Mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I like the idea if done I think they should have it be like Gen-X in terms of a separate location for the Students school and the X-Men base and use their safety in the ever growing dangerous world as the excuse to avoid where's the X-Men complaints. My vote would be Karma as Head Mistress.
    Lol errr
    why?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Looking more and more like this mess is going straight to a streaming service instead of theaters. Be it Hula, Netflix, or Disney+ I think one of them is going to get this movie.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Looking more and more like this mess is going straight to a streaming service instead of theaters. Be it Hula, Netflix, or Disney+ I think one of them is going to get this movie.
    yea especially with the deadlines being pushed back beyond the expected release dates after the soon to be disney-fox merger.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea especially with the deadlines being pushed back beyond the expected release dates after the soon to be disney-fox merger.
    I am sort of glad. Dark Phoenix looks like an X-3 rehash instead of even trying to do Phoenix properly, they had a million reshoots for that movie which tells me it got bad reviews during audience testing. New Mutants was scheduled for massive reshoots too, and I bet it was for the same reason bad audience testing.

My hope is that they do a New Mutants that is a bit more faithful to the characters, I don't know if the movie was going to do that, but I think it can be done. I think they could do a movie focusing on Illyana very easily. There are so many classic New Mutants storylines, although a lot of them involve Cable in the later years and I don't think they are going to use Cable as much as I would like. It's possible I might be wrong though, they could get Josh Brolin to do Cable in New Mutants.

Personally I am ok with this movie dying and not making it to theatres, I think it's pretty obvious from the reshoots they think they need that the movie didn't turn out very well.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Dark Phoenix looks like an X-3 rehash instead of even trying to do Phoenix properly, they had a million reshoots for that movie which tells me it got bad reviews during audience testing.
    Dark Phoenix only had one set of reshoots. And when was the last time you watched X3? Because Jean was given more to do in the trailer than in that movie.

For it to be a rehash of X3 it would first need to have 10 different storylines and throw Jean in the background.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-04-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Seems that everyone forgot this movie existed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Seems that everyone forgot this movie existed.
    Can ya blame us? It was supposed to be out like a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Can ya blame us? It was supposed to be out like a year ago.
    April 13th, which is a week after my birthday. I was so excited to see this movie that I told myself that I couldn't die until watching it. Now with all the delays I no longer care.