Page 385 of 386 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386 LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 5790

I didn't think the movie was so horrible, like a dark phoenix, but the characters didn't have the essence of them. The Magik was a preppy, the mirage actress looked like she was dead .... Only Maise was saved there

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Not too sure what you're talking about. As indicated in the original post "Dialogue updated to reflect the movie's revelation" and mentioned in my second: She originally said "Did... I MAKE you gay?" - This was an updated meme. Nothing more, nothing less. I have no intentions of getting into the weeds about whether the movie's chosen course was appropriate or wasn't.

However...

Rahne's history in Marvel comics has long been a deeply religious one. I find it interesting that the homophobic Presbyterian as she was portrayed in the referenced issue was shockingly outed in the movie and, given the hell she put 'Star and Ric through in X-Factor, I'd like to think that "present" Rictor would find the whole situation equally ironic.
    Ohhh ok ok lol
    Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I didn't think the movie was so horrible, like a dark phoenix, but the characters didn't have the essence of them. The Magik was a preppy, the mirage actress looked like she was dead .... Only Maise was saved there
    Whoa! How was she a Preppy???
    GrindrStone(D)

I liked the cast in this movie. Wouldn’t mind them making the transition over to the MCU with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, and hopefully his key supporting cast like Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I liked the cast in this movie. Wouldn’t mind them making the transition over to the MCU with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, and hopefully his key supporting cast like Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz.
    The only good ones were the ones playing Magik and Rahne. The rest did not do the characters justice and should not return IMO

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The only good ones were the ones playing Magik and Rahne. The rest did not do the characters justice and should not return IMO
    Seconded. Anya Taylor-Joy (Magik) and Maisie Williams (Rahne) nailed it!

The biggest problem with this movie is clearly Josh Boone. No one should ever give him money to write or direct a film ever again. He literally said his intention was making a cross between The Breakfast Club and a 'prestige horror movie'. He also said that he likes movies like the Shining but wants to make 'prestige horror movies/mini-series' that are adaptations of Stephen King novels - seemingly unaware that there are like 86 adaptations of Stephen King novels, using the word 'prestige' in this context is pretentious beyond belief, and that the film he mentioned as one of his favourites is prior to this is a Stephen King adaptation... Also, he originally wanted New Mutants to be a trilogy... Say what you want about Fox but they clearly saw what Boone was producing and pulled the plug before they flushed more money down the toilet by letting this incompetent idiot make a movie. He's doing The Stand now so I guess his life long dream of finally seeing an adaptation of a Stephen King work on the small screen is now a reality.

Doing The Stand and mucked it up to a degree that's utterly unreal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Seconded. Anya Taylor-Joy (Magik) and Maisie Williams (Rahne) nailed it!
    The less said about this sorry waste of film in any fashion,the better.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 02-08-2021 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Doing The Stand and mucked it up to a degree that's utterly unreal.
    but was it PRESTIIIIIIGGGGEEEEE ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    but was it PRESTIIIIIIGGGGEEEEE ?
    To him certainly. The lowley masses are just unable to see his genius^^

Extraordinary Member

Boone's career is starting to look like M. Night Shyamalan's. One good movie (Sixth Sense, Fault in Our Stars) followed by a downward spiral into mediocrity and crap.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Boone's career is starting to look like M. Night Shyamalan's. One good movie (Sixth Sense, Fault in Our Stars) followed by a downward spiral into mediocrity and crap.
    Signs was good movie...and I liked The Village lol
    The unbreakable trilogy is good
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Signs was good movie...and I liked The Village lol
    The unbreakable trilogy is good
    Haven't seen much of Shyamalan, but agree that Signs was really good.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Haven't seen much of Shyamalan, but agree that Signs was really good.
    Ah yes, where aliens burned by water invade the planet naked and can travel between planets but can't unlock a door.

New Mutants is a masterpiece in comparison to anything by M Night

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ah yes, where aliens burned by water invade the planet naked and can travel between planets but can't unlock a door.

New Mutants is a masterpiece in comparison to anything by M Night
    Let's start with the fact that aliens burned by water are trying to invade a planet that 3/4 OF ITS SURFACE is covered by it. All you'd have to do to thwart that invasion is wait for it to RAIN.