Page 368 of 386 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 5790

Tenet made 53 million its opening weekend buuuut yeah New Mutants 8-10 million is totally not a bomb

lol
    GrindrStone(D)

If anyone cares to see Yana's racist comments towards Dani, here's the vid:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/dianandon...417920/photo/2
    And apparently Storm was supposed to be the sadistic jailer instead of Cecilia in the original script? Like...I have no words.

Extraordinary Member

I'm doing a fanfic rewrite of this where Illyana is more like she is in the comics, the demon bear is real and not one of Dani's illusions, and the sadistic jailer is Emma Frost and not a POC since Emma actually was a sadistic jailer for both the X-Men and the New Mutants in her original run as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Alice Braga is a WHITE LATINA. Cecilia Reyes is an AFRO-LATINA.
    I have to question this. What in the comics actually definitively identifies her as "Afro"? Yes, she's talked about discrimination based on her skin color, BUT at least in the first showings, this was always in the context of being the daughter of Puerto Ricans. and well... this doesn't read as "black" to me:
    CeceliaReyes1.2.jpg
    Oh and before someone accuses me of "cherry picking", these are the first and second times the character was seen in print. She's drawn to look like a Puerto Rican.

You see those braids right?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I have to question this. What in the comics actually definitively identifies her as "Afro"? Yes, she's talked about discrimination based on her skin color, BUT at least in the first showings, this was always in the context of being the daughter of Puerto Ricans. and well... this doesn't read as "black" to me:
    CeceliaReyes1.2.jpg
    Oh and before someone accuses me of "cherry picking", these are the first and second times the character was seen in print. She's drawn to look like a Puerto Rican.
    I’m confused, being black and Puerto Rican are not mutually exclusive. The slave trade 100% existed in PR so there are people of African descent living there. Regardless, Alice Braga looks nothing like the character and would look super weird with the braids typically associated with the character.

Ultimate Member

CeceliaReyes1.2.jpg
    What?

About 12% of Puerto Ricans are black

And that's not even counting the mixed population. Alice Braga is not black.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'm doing a fanfic rewrite of this where Illyana is more like she is in the comics, the demon bear is real and not one of Dani's illusions, and the sadistic jailer is Emma Frost and not a POC since Emma actually was a sadistic jailer for both the X-Men and the New Mutants in her original run as a villain.
    This is only acceptable if your Emma is based off the Marvel Noir jail warden Emma that enjoys bondage and getting tied up.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    If anyone cares to see Yana's racist comments towards Dani, here's the vid:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/dianandon...417920/photo/2
    And apparently Storm was supposed to be the sadistic jailer instead of Cecilia in the original script? Like...I have no words.
    That’s repulsive. Magik was one of the only few things about this film I was looking forward to and now it’s clear the director understands her character as much as he does about the published canon race the other minority characters have. Yana May have had no childhood growing up in Hell as a demon sorceress and is extremely cold, bitchy and sadistic personality wise, but she’s the farthest thing from even being a casual racist.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Emma makes more sense than Cecelia Reyes or Storm. I don't know why he'd jump to those characters for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    This is only acceptable if your Emma is based off the Marvel Noir jail warden Emma that enjoys bondage and getting tied up.
    But that also applies to the 616 Emma.

Emma used to love torturing mutants. Would have been a perfect fit for the character.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Amazing Member

Wasn’t the Vulture story about Storm debunked or something?

Mighty Member

CeceliaReyes1.2.jpg
    Wow. Talk about putting your foot in your mouth. A non-Latino telling Latinos what they look like.

And are you guys serious? Storm was supposed to be the villain?! I need some proof cause that sounds so stupid it might actually be true.

And yes, Emma should've been the villain. Had that Universe been worth saving, Emma should start off as a villain who then seeks redemption in her own twister way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zexion_armando View Post
    Wasn’t the Vulture story about Storm debunked or something?
    We have some denials about from EW, but we know Storm was indeed in one draft of the script at some point.

, though it seems it wasn’t a sadistic torturer that was reported as reported by Vulture. But who knows? That could’ve as easily been one of the earliest ideas Boone had, that was quickly abandoned.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-01-2020 at 08:54 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m confused, being black and Puerto Rican are not mutually exclusive. The slave trade 100% existed in PR so there are people of African descent living there. Regardless, Alice Braga looks nothing like the character and would look super weird with the braids typically associated with the character.
    This is true. But as I pointed out she's not to my knowledge identified as anything other than Hispanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Emma makes more sense than Cecelia Reyes or Storm. I don't know why he'd jump to those characters for the role.
    Why Cecilia? That's actually simple. She was introduced as a mutant that SUPPORTED OZT. Why? Well she's just not into the mutant rights thing. She sees mutants from the PoV of someone who's had to help clean up the messes created by superhero vs Supervillain battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    You see those braids right?
    I've seen them on a lot of people, some of which were black. It's a hairstyle choice, not a genetic trait.