Page 300 of 386 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    They have not completely written of the movie but they have definitely written off the sequels or planned trilogy. I just saw the latest poster of skeletons.

Disney must be grinding their teeth promoting this movie as the concept is so not in their basic formulic structure of making movies that x-men clearly does not belong in. Even if the film flops and its good, they better put it on Hulu ASAP.
    There's no evidence Disney or Marvel has written off any New Mutants sequel. There's a rumor going around on Twitter that Anya appearing in Deadpool 3. I think that's more likely than anything being done with New Mutants by itself, but until it comes out there's still the possibility of something being done with the characters.

And I don't think Disney's marketing team is all that stressed over New Mutants. Reports last fall were that Disney had no clue how to market Jojo Rabbit. New Mutants isn't anywhere as nearly as controversial or that outside the realm of a typical Marvel film. There are horror elements, but it's not a horror movie. It's a superhero movie meets Stranger Things.

The formula Disney uses for marketing isn't misrepresenting movies - like most other studios do. They actually show the movie for what it is in the trailer and tv spots and actually try to get the audience to connect to the characters through marketing. The other key element of what Marvel does with their trailers and especially tv spots is prevent their vendors from using the entire movie. Entire fight sequences cannot be used in marketing until after release. This is the exact opposite of what Fox did. They were combing through cut footage trying to find more action since it was always the priority to show action, action and more action in their X-Men trailers and tv spots.

The question I have is how Disney will handle marketing New Mutants when it's up against Mulan. Even if a movie opens lower than expected, Disney gives their releases time (especially with agreements with theaters on how long their releases need to be shown for and in which size theaters). That means Disney releases tend to have "legs". Bumping back New Mutants last August mean Lion King just kept cranking along for over 6 weeks. Mulan has New Mutants right on it's heels. But with the coronavirus drastically impacting the Chinese box office, there is the possibility Disney decides to delay Mulan.

The sites which visited the set back in 2017 are continuing to release interviews.

Screenrant has an interview with Anya Taylor-Joy:

https://screenrant.com/new-mutants-s...asputin-magik/

3 new pic Daniela Moonstar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

3 new pic Daniela Moonstar
    lol lawd...
    GrindrStone(D)

new poster oficial

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    new poster oficial

Sorry not sorry, but this is the first thing I thought of.

I mean, I'm not complaining... but geez they are pushing hard. It's not even March yet.

It went from "it'll be a soft release" to post trailer "OMG people want to see this?!?!? HYPE TRAIN CHOOCHOOO CLIMB ABOARD THE MOUSE HOUSE EXPRESS Y'ALL HERE'S YOUR LOCKHEED KEYCHAINS AND CANNONBALL JOCK STRAPS!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I mean, I'm not complaining... but geez they are pushing hard. It's not even March yet.

It went from "it'll be a soft release" to post trailer "OMG people want to see this?!?!? HYPE TRAIN CHOOCHOOO CLIMB ABOARD THE MOUSE HOUSE EXPRESS Y'ALL HERE'S YOUR LOCKHEED KEYCHAINS AND CANNONBALL JOCK STRAPS!"
    The only thing they've done is release 3 year old set visit interviews and post some posters on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The only thing they've done is release 3 year old set visit interviews and post some posters on Twitter.
    Last Friday, Josh Boone screened the movie for the cast and they did some sort of press interviews for the full day on Saturday. Nothing has been released yet.

The question is if they are being protective of the cast to prevent them from having to do a full press junket and being asked awkward questions about New Mutants and the MCU, or if they were just getting materials for the EPK and promotional behind the scenes features.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Yeah but that's my point. Most movies wouldn't be doing even that much with two full months before release. They are riding the positive feedback from the trailer and likely trying to build hype with people who wrote the movie off from all the bad "reshoot" rumors in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Last Friday, Josh Boone screened the movie for the cast and they did some sort of press interviews for the full day on Saturday. Nothing has been released yet.

The question is if they are being protective of the cast to prevent them from having to do a full press junket and being asked awkward questions about New Mutants and the MCU, or if they were just getting materials for the EPK and promotional behind the scenes features.
    My guess is it was the best timing for all the cast members. Everyone but Henry is filming tv shows or movies right now, and Masie is still pushing her app.

Masie is still pushing her app.
    Last July Maisie stepped back from working on at Daisie day-to-day when her boyfriend Reuben quit to work on his own company. She does some promotion for it, but she's not doing the 9-5 thing anymore. The only thing she's working on right now is a short film she's producing which films in April. It seems like Daisie co-founder Dom Santry's roommate Asa Butterfield is doing more promotion for Daisie than Maisie is now.

Edit to add: And apparently Maisie is directing an ad for a British fashion brand with her boyfriend this week. She probably does end up behind the camera more than in front of the camera in the future. She filmed a music video directed by Lena Headey last month, and Maisie seems to be following her into directing and producing.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 02-04-2020 at 08:39 PM.

3 new pic Sunspot

BANNED

Yeah I'm absolutely conflicted on this whole debacle as being someone who's a fan and has worked in theater. Should they have aggressively looked for someone with darker skin tone for Roberto? Yeah, I do think this. However I also know logistically it's not always that easy and sometimes you really have to go with the worst case/best case for situations like this. I think skin color aside, Zaga looks like he's got Berto's swagger and charm and I think it's great he's at least regionally appropriate. For that I begrudgingly accept the casting even as it pains me that it's caused issues. But I'm completely boggled about Reyes. It's possible they didn't want to make a "black woman villain" for the film, but if that's the case it's a flimsy reason and only makes the casting that they did for Berto look worse. I have no doubt they should have and easily could have kept her race-appropriate.

As for the others, I actually love Masie and Anya for the roles (Masie was the first person I thought of for dream casting Wolfsbane). Blu I'll need to see in action but I'm glad that she's at least properly AI (regardless of skin color, which I know several people think she looks too white), and Charlie.... yeah sure, okay... but I want to see some bro love between him and Zaga and make sure he's properly awkward for the part.

It's tough. I don't blame those who are wanting to "throw this movie into the fire" and boycott. I also applaud them for their voices and making sure they are heard, as I try to back them up whenever I see people on Reddit or whatever telling them to "get over it." But yeah, I still have waited 30+ years for this film to be made and I cannot deny how excited I am to see it.
    There are a lot of AfroLatina actresses like Zoe Saladana who could have played Cecilia Reyes. SheÂ’s Afro Puerto Rican.

Of course they could have found a mixed race Brazilian to play Sunspot.

I donÂ’t even think IÂ’m happy to see Sam played by an English dude. What is all this crap where both white and Black Americans get displaced by British actors. It seems as if Hollywood is developing a preference for English people.

For Magik Anya was a great choice. She just was. However

Where are the Rasputin pics?

trying desperately to balance my disappointment with Zaga's casting with my uncontrollable impulsive swooning upon seeing those pics...true duality.