Page 360 of 386 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 5790
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post

Bob Mcleod's reaction after watching New Mutants (all his tweets in one post)

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcleodbob...77391085772802
    How the hell do you spell his McLeod's name wrong ?

What a train wreck movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I do think this is a step in the right direction of character-driven superhero movies which are focused on the characters, not the amount of action and special effects.

The reason for Fox execs wanting to do reshoots was the pressure to add in other elements like more horror or more action and visuals because they doubted anyone would want to go see New Mutants (or any superhero movie) for the characters and the lack of sexy females for the international audience. There was very specific criticism of Maisie Williams by a Fox exec who is no longer with the company for not being attractive enough to be the lead in the movie. Nothing about the characters. They didn't think anyone cares about these characters.

Whether or not Dani has braids (which are a little stereotypical for Native Americans. How many actually still have braids?) Or whether Rahne's hair is spiky. If the biggest problem was lack of a tall & lanky Sam and Rahne's hair, then it's a pretty decent movie. But there's legitimate criticism for the casting of Roberto.

The movie is based on Demon Bear which is Bill Sienkiewicz, not Bob McLeod's work.
    I'm empathetic to the name misspelling but Sunspot is really the only issue there. Most of the main X-Movies they don't look EXACTLY like their comic part... Storm, Wolverine, even Jean. And I have to say I think Wolfsbane looks pretty accurate to me.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Yeah equating changing a characters' features (which are interchangeable from artist to artist anyway) to changing a minority character's race doesn't sound like the way to go for me

The cocreator hath spoken.

The movie shall henceforthe be referred to as a dumpster fire!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The whole debate on whether or not Maisie is just saying positive things about GoT's ending and D&D because she can't say anything negative to protect her career is just over now.

https://twitter.com/Maisie_Williams/...10794862477314

But I think she just killed her chances of being in the MCU. She's also been bashing her current tv show in interviews for the lack of female writers and how female characters were written. Proud of her standing up for female creators but... she's going to have some difficulties getting roles.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    What a train wreck movie.
    Nah, it was amazing!

And Bill Sienkiewicz loved the casting. He was the artist on the demon bear.

Also, Maisie wasn’t bashing it.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 08-28-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Also, Maisie wasn’t bashing it.
    She retweeted Scott Mendelson's review which didn't even say nice things about anyone's performances other than Anya's. She's been pretty scathing in interviews lately about her views on lack of diversity in tv and films lately but that review doesn't even mention the issues with Bobby's casting.

She retweeted Scott Mendelson's review which didn't even say nice things about anyone's performances other than Anya's. She's been pretty scathing in interviews lately about her views on lack of diversity in tv and films lately but that review doesn't even mention the issues with Bobby's casting.
    I took it as Maisie trying to be funny and mocking the review. Imo. Not saying you are wrong tho. Just how i took her RT.

Astonishing Member

I think that's just her being sarcastic

Nah, it was amazing!

And Bill Sienkiewicz loved the casting. He was the artist on the demon bear.
    I mean even if you ignore the casting controversy, the films entire release has been a huge mess. I wouldn't say it has had an "amazing" run but I won't fault or argue that some people will enjoy this film as you have.

But personally it doesn't look what I wanted from New Mutants...

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm empathetic to the name misspelling but Sunspot is really the only issue there. Most of the main X-Movies they don't look EXACTLY like their comic part... Storm, Wolverine, even Jean. And I have to say I think Wolfsbane looks pretty accurate to me.
    Not Cecelia? Her and coupled with the directors comments in an interview seem pretty problematic to me.

From the other characters I also don't really like Cannonball, I feel like he's off. Not blonde, not gangly. Dani and Rahne are... ok castings. But TBH it's not even really the actors; the costume, hair and make-up department could've done a lot more to make these actors (Sam, Dani, Rahne) look more like the characters they are based off of.

IMO the only character they really got right is Magick.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    But TBH it's not even really the actors; the costume, hair and make-up department could've done a lot more to make these actors (Sam, Dani, Rahne) look more like the characters they are based off of.
    What would you prefer, yellow spandex?

The man really said "I don't care about racism in brazil" and tried turning Storm into a psycho path which isn't accurate. "Following the source materiel" my you know what lmaooo. To be blunt though, I don't have much of a problem with Sunspots casting since both him and Zega are Brazilians and Roberto is only half black. But lmfao the discourse around this film and again, "I don't care about racism" comment is way too funyy AHAHAH!
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    What would you prefer, yellow spandex?
    yes that is why MCU will be superior

On a more serious note, no, I don't want them to have spandex since this is angled as a horror movie. But hair dye (Sam, Rahne), hair styles (where is buzzcut Sam), better clothes, etc... can do a lot in terms of better portraying a character.

Entertainment Weekly confirmed that Vulture report was wrong. They got a copy of the original script. Storm wasn’t anything like vulture said. Storm was coming off ptsd after going to Apocalypse. Don’t believe fake news from Vulture when EW shot it down.

Also, Bob didn’t even see the movie!

https://twitter.com/mcleodbob/status...914345472?s=21
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 08-28-2020 at 12:27 PM.