Page 72 of 386 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 5790
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Reading this thread made me glad Boone and professional casting directors were in charge of selecting the actors for these roles. I can't even imagine what a clusterfuck of bias and misguided, righteous opinion would cloud the process, if any of the fans protesting/whining on here had their way.

Boycotting the film outright just based on the race of the principal actors is idiocy. That's no different from the conservative fanatics boycotting Scorsese or Godard films without knowing a thing about them.

Yes, I think a lot of fans take the selection process for granted and impose the same race/age/appearance rules as priority over any talent or merit-based criteria. It's insulting to the actors who were chosen to immediately write them off without seeing one minute of their performance in the role yet.

This'll get torn to shreds when they wake up. Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by iByakuya View Post
    It's crazy that in 10 months and exactly one year we'll have New Mutants & Deadpool 2. Can't wait for the first official photos from New Mutants.
    I'm counting down till Thursday the 12th of April (Going back again on Friday The 13th for viewing number 2). Love watching horror films high it should be TRIPPY!!!
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 06-02-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I'm counting down till Thursday the 12th of April (Going back again on Friday The 13th for viewing number 2). Love watching horror films high it should be TRIPPY!!!
    I bet the movie is set in the past, which suits the 90s vibe of both comics & horror films. Hope the after credit is Dark Phoenix related then haha.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by iByakuya View Post
    I bet the movie is set in the past, which suits the 90s vibe of both comics & horror films. Hope the after credit is Dark Phoenix related then haha.
    I'm actually scared this is in the present. Most want New Mutant's to tie into Deadpool (Which I don't care for them doing). It'll be soooooooo FOX to have Sansa & Arya seperated by timelines.

The whole facility so they don't have to address the mansion screams The Present to me.

Which makes Dark Phoenix seem even more ridiculous if both New Mutant's & Deadpool are present day and here comes J-LAW & Fassbender's Dark Phoenix in November stuck in the past alone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I'm actually scared this is in the present. Most want New Mutant's to tie into Deadpool (Which I don't care for them doing). It'll be soooooooo FOX to have Sansa & Arya seperated by timelines.

The whole facility so they don't have to address the mansion screams The Present to me.

Which makes Dark Phoenix seem even more ridiculous if both New Mutant's & Deadpool are present day and here comes J-LAW & Fassbender's Dark Phoenix in November stuck in the past alone.
    Ughhh.... Just no. Maybe Colossus can interact with his sister. But keep the Liefeld away from New Mutants as much as possible. X-Force and Cable should be a separate thing from New Mutants. Different tones, different characters.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    As for feelings in DOFP, I didn't realize it was supposed to be Sunspot until after I got home. They butchered the character in a lot of ways in that movie.

Anyway, while I didn't necessarily want this actor, we're past that point. I hope he does a good job. Certainly, Bobby has other traits that I hope he can pull off.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Amazing Member

I'll never cease to be amazed at how far comic "fans" will go to excuse marginalization and erasure when it benefits them. Miss me with that "professionals" excuse too. "Professionals" cast ScarJo as the Major, Jennifer Garner as Elektra. "Professionals" don't have a great track record when it comes to comic movies. You people don't understand the difference between race and ethnicity. You have basic comprehension problems when it comes to understanding why this is a problem. Because of that you'll just dig your feet in further no matter how wrong you are and yes you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Ughhh.... Just no. Maybe Colossus can interact with his sister. But keep the Liefeld away from New Mutants as much as possible. X-Force and Cable should be a separate thing from New Mutants. Different tones, different characters.
    Impossible, hell there are reports saying that Cable will change the face of the x-men, Cable is going to be the next wolverine and we will have to accept it, hopefully the guy who is playing it is good

Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmebone View Post
    I'll never cease to be amazed at how far comic "fans" will go to excuse marginalization and erasure when it benefits them. Miss me with that "professionals" excuse too. "Professionals" cast ScarJo as the Major, Jennifer Garner as Elektra. "Professionals" don't have a great track record when it comes to comic movies. You people don't understand the difference between race and ethnicity. You have basic comprehension problems when it comes to understanding why this is a problem. Because of that you'll just dig your feet in further no matter how wrong you are and yes you are wrong.
    those movies were trash and was not because of the actress.

Extraordinary Member

Funny how the Japanese were happier with the casting of Johansson than many Americans. If there is one case of 'whitewashing' which I think just shouldn't be used in these conversations, it's Ghost in the Shell.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Impossible, hell there are reports saying that Cable will change the face of the x-men, Cable is going to be the next wolverine and we will have to accept it, hopefully the guy who is playing it is good
    Change the face of the X-Men, maybe, but that doesn't have to mean anything for a spinoff that doesn't involve any of the previous movies' casts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmebone View Post
    "Professionals" cast ScarJo as the Major...
    Yeah, it's not like the Major MAINLY USED CAUCASIAN BODIES IN THE FRIGGEN' SOURCE MATERIAL. Hell, even the CREATOR of the damn thing supported Johansson's casting.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think everyone wishes Sunspot was more clearly an afro brazilian. It would be preferable and desirable for that to be the case. I am not aware of a single person who has posted here saying otherwise. Let's just assume that then.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Funny how the Japanese were happier with the casting of Johansson than many Americans. If there is one case of 'whitewashing' which I think just shouldn't be used in these conversations, it's Ghost in the Shell.
    Just a head up, that is not a good reason since it look like we are taking Japanese people as the true Asian and anyone else concern is not valid, just saying.

Quite honestly? I don't care. And I say that as dark skinned Latino who lives in South America. The thing is that Roberto has never been a character who has faced any sort of fallout from being darker skin. He comes from a privaleged background. I think it's more important for him to be cast latino. I understand the outraged. But I do think most people in that camp are just complaining to complain. Not all of course.

That being said, I don't like the actor they cast period, I am not sure he will be a good Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Just a head up, that is not a good reason since it look like we are taking Japanese people as the true Asian and anyone else concern is not valid, just saying.
    Some Japanese-American actresses also said that it was they who were suffering by such roles going to Caucasian actors, not the people living in Japan, so Japanese-American opinions should have been more important. Also, didn't Ghost in the Shell flop in Japan as well? So when they meant "they didn't care", I guess they meant they didn't care for the film in general, not just Johansson's casting.

Anyways, regarding Sunspot. I too wish they had gone for a more Afro-Brazilian looking actor, but seeing how Roberto is mixed race in the comics and the actor this time is at least Brazilian unlike the last time, I can personally overlook it. But I can understand the frustrations of others.