Page 185 of 386 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 5790

JLaw was cast as Mystique before The Hunger Games movies were even a thing lol. How was that riding coattails? In Sophie's case, a lot of fans had already fancast her as Jean much before she was officially considered, and she better suits the character than the actresses who were competing with her (Elle Fanning and someone I don't remember).

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Keeping it too real! My sentiments exactly, it’s a trend now, they try to capitalize off of popular franchises and it backfires. JLaw, Apocalypse and Sansas poor Jean and now this.
    How exactly did Sophie's Jean backfire? Most Jean fans were pretty happy with her portrayal on Apocalypse.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    ^I hope so I hope it takes from different teams cuz the New Mutant are ok but I really need me some Gen X characters to really get into this.... and is it a tv series or movie?
    A real Gen X show would be nice.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    JLaw was cast as Mystique before The Hunger Games movies were even a thing lol. How was that riding coattails? In Sophie's case, a lot of fans had already fancast her as Jean much before she was officially considered, and she better suits the character than the actresses who were competing with her (Elle Fanning and someone I don't remember).
    Chloe Grace Moretz. Fanning was actually the frontrunner until she turned the role down, iirc.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Then i'll continue to hope that he gets the help and support that he needs to get clean...... Like any normal empathetic person would want for him?
    Indulging in a vice from time to time hardly necessitates prayer from a fellow human.

What "help" do you think he needs if he is not an addict, but merely likes to ride the white pony once in a blue moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Indulging in a vice from time to time hardly necessitates prayer from a fellow human.

What "help" do you think he needs if he is not an addict, but merely likes to ride the white pony once in a blue moon?
    1. The kind of help that keeps him from potentially becoming an addict if he isn't already one. And 2. Keeps him from getting banned from entering the US. One of which has already happened, and the other being very likely to happen if he isn't already hooked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    1. The kind of help that keeps him from potentially becoming an addict if he isn't already one. And 2. Keeps him from getting banned from entering the US. One of which has already happened, and the other being very likely to happen if he isn't already hooked.
    Don't pray for help, then.

Pray that he can enjoy his cocaine if he so desires, without becoming addicted, and that he washes his luggage when he drops his CD case or mirror on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Differences should be apparent in terms of tone, emotions, real world vs fiction

Plus it's just not true that every thread has people just repeating themselves... to a degree on some things sure

But I mean noone is going to get ultra worked up about whether or not "Cyclops is right", but constantly talking about race in this like, really absolutist way is just purposely being provocative and controversial and aggressive, like if anyone does not 100% submit and agree then they are a bigot somehow... it's just not a good atmosphere and it makes things way too tense and negative

Obligatory qualifier: of course I am not saying people CAN'T say w/e they want. It's just a suggestion from my PoV, hope it isn't rudely instantly dismissed but if that happens so be it
    it's not tense if people are open to accept their attitudes on the subject may be skewed. You mean how complaints about colorism and whitewashing have been dismissed?

Quote Originally Posted by Illyanas2 View Post
    Robertos casting is white washing plain and simple, cause I belive henry zaga is originated from the southern part of brazil, knowed for its huge caucasian population, Cecilia with alice braga is a case of colorism and white passing, because she has african, native and portuguese descendacy.
    Cece is from Puerto Rico
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If Sophie Turner is capitalizing off of a popular franchise, is Maisie Williams doing the same thing?
    The actors themselves aren't the ones capitalizing off of that popularity. It's the studio.

you have Maisie playing a girl who can turn into a wolf...who's also on a show where that's her house sigil. She isn't Scottish she's British, but she'll probably do a very good job in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Don't pray for help, then.

Pray that he can enjoy his cocaine if he so desires, without becoming addicted, and that he washes his luggage when he drops his CD case or mirror on it.
    Either way. I'd hope he doesn't sniff & snort is way to oblivion. I'd like to see him actually be able to shoot Stranger Things Season 3 & 4 and promote New Mutants and not be a junkie. Since that will probably be the only way to find out more about Sam in the movie, before it releases. I mean, unless Boone covers for him in interviews.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 10-30-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    How exactly did Sophie's Jean backfire? Most Jean fans were pretty happy with her portrayal on Apocalypse.
    Wait I didn’t think anybody could be happy with anything from that movie...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    The actors themselves aren't the ones capitalizing off of that popularity. It's the studio.

you have Maisie playing a girl who can turn into a wolf...who's also on a show where that's her house sigil. She isn't Scottish she's British, but she'll probably do a very good job in the role.
    Exactly these actors aren’t even auditioning for these roles they’re given to them. Iirc we were hearing rumors of Maisie playing Rahne before the movie was even announced. I believe she will do good as well though.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    If the casting of Sophie Turner is capitalizing off of a popular franchise, is the casting of Maisie Williams doing the same thing?

Better?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Maisie... oh this person:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mWKRXV7gFk

Yeah, I can definitely see her doing a good job as Rahne Sinclair.

BANNED