Page 281 of 386 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 5790

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    OMG No. You. eFFin'. Didn't. I'm currently in my drunk AF friends rando hookups bathroom sobering up and your post cracked me up loudly
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Holy ****, how many times can this movie be delayed?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It's still on the official Disney schedule:

https://twitter.com/adambvary/status...97874118758400

That date is so crowded that they might have to move it away from some competition though. The King's Man moving means Disney/Fox thinks Sonic is actually going to do well after the redesign.

Another movie impacted by the Fox/Disney merger is Call of the Wild directed by Chris Sanders - who has a notorious feud with Disney and no one thought he would ever work for Disney again. Fox hasn't released any stills or a trailer for Call of the Wild and it's coming out in February. It's not even motioned on their website.

But there's a trailer for Call of the Wild in the works which probably will be released next week, so... looks like Disney actually releases Call of the Wild. There were a lot of people in the animation industry who thought that it was going to be bumped and pushed to Disney+. But that will be a test to actually see how much marketing Disney gives to Fox to releases these movies they might not actually be all that thrilled about. They can still be released in theaters, but is there any marketing push?

If New Mutants get the same treatment, then it would be a trailer 3 months before the release, meaning early January after Holiday moving season. And that would also make sense because it would be after Fox's Christmas release and most of the marketing work for their January release are over.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 11-16-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

When was this movie supposed to come out originally?
    Sometimes it feels like it is never going to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    When was this movie supposed to come out originally?
    Sometimes it feels like it is never going to be released.
    It was originally supposed to be released April 13, 2018, then bumped to February 22, 2019 then August 2, 2019 then April 3, 2020.

The lead actresses were announced around March 2016 and filming was originally to take place late 2016/early 2017 but didn't get underway until late summer 2017.

Just put it on Disney Plus

Agreed. Put this, Gen X and the long lost F4 movie in a camp section.

Amazing Member

I forgot all about Generation X, has anyone actually seen it???

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    A more accurate Emma and Banshee than anything the later Fox-men films did. The GENX movie was cheap, and made a lot of changes to the core cast, but I liked it when it came out.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think they can rename it "Old Mutants" now.

I watched it when it first aired. It worked pretty well for what it was.

The thing is with the New Mutants movie is that word is that it's a decent movie. It's simply not projected to open at the level to justify the cost of reshoots. And the source of the original delays was rewriting the script from being R-rated to make it more of a PG-13 YA type Hunger Games movie, and then after It did so well, Fox was convinced that R-rated was the way to go and pushed back the release.

It's unclear why the other Fox movies Disney is messing around with are or aren't any good, but the speculation with Call of the Wild is it's simply Disney refusing to work with Chris Sanders again - even though he's been involved in many of the most successful animated moves of the last 30 years. That was supposed to have a Christmas release, and Disney moved it out of the way of Rise of the Jedi and Frozen 2. Disney may see the loss they take on that as more box office revenue for their other releases.

The assumption people have is these must be unwatchable, terrible movies for Disney not to release them - but that may not be the case and simply because they don't want these movies associated with the Disney or Marvel brand, they're screwing them over.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 11-17-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    It was originally supposed to be released April 13, 2018, then bumped to February 22, 2019 then August 2, 2019 then April 3, 2020.

The lead actresses were announced around March 2016 and filming was originally to take place late 2016/early 2017 but didn't get underway until late summer 2017.
    Thank you.
    It has felt like forever.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I saw it. It was interesting.

It was campy but there were good things about it.. but the biggest things were...
    1. No Synch, Husk, or Chamber ( it was rumored it cost too much for chamber and husk powers but that story did not make sense about Ev's abilities)
    2. They cast Mondo as a Black guy
    3. Jubilee was cast as a white girl
    4. They replaced Husk and Chamber with Buff and Refrax
    5. Monet was a bad bitch even then...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Just put it on Disney Plus
    Might actually get me to sub!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This is FOX's fault for selling out.
    "Cable was right!"