Page 248 of 386 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 5790
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Dark Phoenix failed 3 test sessions
    One of the alleged test screenings never happened.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelatFox...yjanuary_test/

There was a screening over a year ago, which we heard nothing about. The second screening that happened in February of last year appeared to have had mixed reception. Fox only changed the third act of the movie and reshot Sophie’s scene because she lost weight.

The “source” that Looper was citing was an obscure blogger who also heard positive reactions to Venom post-reshoots. Which we all know wasn’t the overall reaction since Sony didn’t left the embargo until the day of the release. Showing the studio had no faith in Venom. So a blogger hearing from a handful of people is not really a good way to determine how the overall audience reaction was. Especially, when hundreds of people go to these screenings if I am correct.

it's clearly a remake of the movie
    No offense, but if you watched that movie recently you wouldn’t be saying that.

that almost destroyed the franchise aka X3
    Says who? I don’t like the movie myself but the general audience and majority of critics liked it enough. It’s really only hated by the fan base.

and it have received a very poor marketing campaign with low feedback.
    The first trailer has around the same amount of views as Venom, Spiderverse, and Deadpool 2’s first trailers.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-30-2019 at 02:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Roberto is Afro-Brazilian and Cece is Afro-Bourican. They messed up from jump. I hope this movie is buried.
    That wouldn't have made the film any better. In fact it could hurt their careers...the "right people for the role" pretty much dodged a bullet. Actors might look at a superhero movie and think "ooo franchise" but think about how many actors have been in side roles for a film and the franchise didn't do much for them.

What is with sites reporting rumors from unquestionable sources on these X-films lately?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-30-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    John Campea is a respected film critic and watch the video because it shows the source that people are citing.
    Yeah I did and seemed as credible as this dude 🤷🏽*♂️
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Roberto is Afro-Brazilian and Cece is Afro-Bourican.

They messed up from jump. I hope this movie is buried.
    lol ugh Right...the support of this movie is just a clear example of privilege some fans have. It doesn't matter/effect you buut being cool with it has a Negative effect on other fans
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    It’s gonna be an amazing movie. The hate it gets is BS.
    I meeeeean there's an example of the "BS hate" above not sure what you think is false about it
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That wouldn't have made the film any better
    if woulda been a HELLUVA lot better of a start Buuuuut you know this how?

In fact it could hurt their careers...the "right people for the role" pretty much dodged a bullet.
    what are you talking about? How would being in a "blockbuster" movie hurt a young black or brown actors career? It's not like there's an abundance of black/brown superheroe roles for them to play..and the few roles that are go to people like Henry Zags, Alice Braga and Blu Hunt

Actors might look at a superhero movie and think "ooo franchise" but think about how many actors have been in side roles for a film and the franchise didn't do much for them.
    And? I really don't see the point you're trying to make here. These aren't side roles anyway lol but the main cast

BANNED

But if the movie is so shitty that they're talking about it actually not even being released that wouldn't help anyone's career....that's what I was talking about lol

But if the movie is so shitty that they're talking about it actually not even being released that wouldn't help anyone's career....that's what I was talking about lol
    Maybe but doubt anyone's career will suffer from this... outside of some misguided fans there wasn't a lotta 'excitement'

Last edited by BroHomo; 01-30-2019 at 11:00 PM.

BANNED

I swear I'm not doing the "I can only like Disney brand movies" thing, but Fox really should have gone with a more direct adaptation on this one. Tisk, tisk.

BANNED

The idea to make New Mutants into a horror genre was a good idea. It puts the superhero franchise into a different direction because most horror films have some kind of supernatural superhuman threat. It would be interesting to see how kids with superpowers deal with those threats, or if those threats simply become that much more difficult. Given their power sets and histories it also makes sense.

We've been watching super hero movies for 20 years...it's time for a new direction. Hopefully NM can deliver that and honestly they should've gone for a Halloween release.

The idea to make New Mutants into a horror genre was a good idea. It puts the superhero franchise into a different direction because most horror films have some kind of supernatural superhuman threat. It would be interesting to see how kids with superpowers deal with those threats, or if those threats simply become that much more difficult. Given their power sets and histories it also makes sense.

We've been watching super hero movies for 20 years...it's time for a new direction. Hopefully NM can deliver that and honestly they should've gone for a Halloween release.
    You never know, they could delay it again and open in October

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    You never know, they could delay it again and open in October
    October of two thousand and LATE

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    No offense, but if you watched that movie recently you wouldn’t be saying that.

Says who? I don’t like the movie myself but the general audience and majority of critics liked it enough. It’s really only hated by the fan base.
    Says X-men First Class that rebooted the franchise because X3 was a dead end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Says X-men First Class that rebooted the franchise because X3 was a dead end.
    It was called The Last Stand for a reason.

Extraordinary Member

After The Last Stand they still had plans for a bunch of movies. It was Origins Wolverine that caused them to pull the plug on those projects.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    After The Last Stand they still had plans for a bunch of movies. It was Origins Wolverine that caused them to pull the plug on those projects.
    This "New Mutants" movie will be the new Plug lol