Page 138 of 386 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 5790
    Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That's how it will hopefully turn out, but when he gushes over all the other actors and is clearly avoiding saying anything negative about the movie(at least partially because he does really like how it is going), saying 'the other actors will help her out' is a rather noticeable lack of praise.
    Well Blu has little to none acting credits to her name and this is her first time in a major anything, so she might have been overwhelmed. We can only hope that she grows and pulls through.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Not sure how one could even interpret what Bill was saying as insincere. I think its pretty obvious that he's excited about this film, he's talked about it on Twitter with fans, and written about his experience on the set. Bill seems pretty thrilled with Maisie as Rahne, seeing how not only was something relayed by the Tumblr post, but he did go out of his way to draw Maisie as Rahne not too long ago. It's clear he's excited, and anyone saying otherwise is just putting things through their own spin machine.
    Ha I could be I don't know his words just sound clichè
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That's how it will hopefully turn out, but when he gushes over all the other actors and is clearly avoiding saying anything negative about the movie(at least partially because he does really like how it is going), saying 'the other actors will help her out' is a rather noticeable lack of praise.
    TBF he said he was "very confident" that the direction and co-stars would help Blu deliver a great Dani.

So the tiniest percent Native American girl who can't act was the best person for the role....in a movie whose plot revolves centrally around her, her parents, and their Cheyenne spirituality. Hmmm....? Yep, no way Fox can mess this up!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So the tiniest percent Native American girl who can't act was the best person for the role....in a movie whose plot revolves centrally around her, her parents, and their Cheyenne spirituality. Hmmm....? Yep, no way Fox can mess this up!
    It really isn't shaping out like I had expected...but maybe it'll be entertaining for the people that see it
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So the tiniest percent Native American girl who can't act
    "Newbie/little more green" =/= can't act

If anything, it is Hollywood's fault in general for not generating more roles for NA actors and actresses, hence why they seldom have the same experience as their white counterparts. Blu Hunt has to start somewhere. How is she supposed to be on the same level as Maisie Williams who is playing a complex character on the biggest show in the world, and Anya Taylor who is a rising star and has a lot of movies under her belt already? And how is her not being on the same level as them automatically mean she wasn't better than her NA peers who auditioned?

Also, 1/4th =/= tiniest percentage. Everything <1/5 is smaller than 1/4th.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 09-06-2017 at 01:49 AM.

BANNED

Well the problem was Boone said oh don't worry I know that representation matters and you can trust me to get casting whit...I mean right. He then proceeds to lighten up Susnpot and Reyes and cast a barely Native girl for Moonstar.

As far I am concerned he brought it on himself.

Nothing has changed though we all knew Masie (Wolfsbane) and Anna (Magik) were going to carry this. Maybe the Brother from Stranger Things can chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Well the problem was Boone said oh don't worry I know that representation matters and you can trust me to get casting whit...I mean right. He then proceeds to lighten up Susnpot and Reyes and cast a barely Native girl for Moonstar.

As far I am concerned he brought it on himself.

Nothing has changed though we all knew Masie (Wolfsbane) and Anna (Magik) were going to carry this. Maybe the Brother from Stranger Things can chip in.
    Quarter is not "barely". Someone like Megan Fox who has a tiny fraction of NA heritage can be called "barely NA". Anyway, ya'll should see how creepy ya'll are coming across by fixating on her NA blood percentage. If Blu Hunt said she was fully NA, no one would have questioned her because NA people come in many colors, just like how Dani is represented in the comics.

As for Reyes, Not Rosario Dawson was cast not by Boone's choice. Fox probably was being cheap and didn't want to spend how much ever Rosario was asking so went with the first cheaper alternative they found. And Bill S. said the Sunspot actor embodies 'Berto personality wise if not race wise, so at least his casting (the most egregious IMO) has some kind of validation now.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 09-06-2017 at 02:06 AM.

BANNED

Personality is irrelevant to me they are actors right? So you would expect an actor to be able to get the personality of a character right?

Well sorry I am thinking a bit more then 25% when someone says they will get it right. Is she even active in a tribe?

And as for Reyes what is the defense there unlike with Sunspot the defenders can't point to an issue where she is that light.

She always been colored dark. Also lets focus on the actress actually in the movie Dawson is irrelevant at this point.

Even if you give Boone Moonstar...he still cut Karma and screwed up on Berto and Reyes which means he falls well short of his "promise"

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

RE: Sienki's opinion. I really don't get why an artist who has made master pieces with Alan Moore and Frank Miller, and who's recognized as a great influence over a lot of amazing avant-garde artist, would need to lower himself to flatter a blockbuster just for the money. I think he's sincere, and this inspires confidence in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGS!!!!!
    OHYEAHBABY

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Ugh is there a word for feeling the same amount of both hopeful optimism and Dread terror?
    I'm sure there is in German

BANNED

lol...its probably super long as well.

German spelling bee must be insane. Granted I suppose you break into root words but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    RE: Sienki's opinion. I really don't get why an artist who has made master pieces with Alan Moore and Frank Miller, and who's recognized as a great influence over a lot of amazing avant-garde artist, would need to lower himself to flatter a blockbuster just for the money. I think he's sincere, and this inspires confidence in me.
    Especially since he was honest enough to publicly state his disappointment over the casting of the POC characters, despite being chummy with Boone even before.

BANNED

Remind me wasn't the defense on Moon that she was the best actress for the job not the lightest one they could get away with...seems pretty hard to defend that with Sienki basically saying right now she sucks.

Personality is irrelevant to me they are actors right? So you would expect an actor to be able to get the personality of a character right?
    Well, it's better than a whitewashed role where the actor sucks at even capturing the personality (like most of The Last Airbender cast). I still am a non-fan of his casting but whatever, I've gone through worse.

Is she even active in a tribe?
    How do you expect me to know this lol. I'm not big into stalking.

Remind me wasn't the defense on Moon that she was the best actress for the job not the lightest one they could get away with...seems pretty hard to defend that with Sienki basically saying right now she sucks.
    Except: 1) He didn't say that. AT ALL. 2.) Every teen or young NA actress would have a hard time going against already established white actresses like ATJ and Maisie because of Hollywood racism, so yeah, she could still have been better than everyone who applied.