Page 344 of 386 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5790

Interview with Josh Boone on Comicbook.com about a potential VOD or streaming release:

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ne...usses-options/

BD: So, that's that blows my mind that you just got to that point that's crazy. I mean, there's like with all the uncertainty of movie theaters and everything. I want to see this in a theater, but in today's landscape, a lot of movies are going to like on-demand and stuff like that. As a filmmaker, does that kind of like scare you? That that could be a thing? Or, what is your opinion on that sort of stuff going on with the actual release plan to an on-demand possibility?

“Well, I mean, I don't really get scared about stuff like that. I just want as many people to see it as possible. And for everybody who wants to see it to be able to see it,” Boone explained. “So obviously if we can do it theaters, that's always my first choice. But like Disney came to me and said they were gonna stream it I'd be like awesome. Then everybody can watch it. It'd be great.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I really like those theories. And the 80's is a nice setting with a throwback to when so many horror movie series were prominent.
    Thank you so much.

Josh Boone:

"We were lucky. They really did want it to be different than other stuff. They really pushed us to keep it separate from X-Men stuff, even though it’s set in the X-Men universe. We had early drafts that were supposed to be in the same timeline as [X-Men:] Apocalypse, so it was originally going to be set in the ’80s. Originally, Professor X and Storm were in it, and Storm very much played the Alice Braga role. Over the course of months, a new studio head came in, they said they didn’t want any X-Men movies to take place in the past anymore, as if that was the reason that Apocalypse was bad. [laughs] So we were put in the position where we kind of rewrote it to be set now in a nebulous [point in time], because nobody knew how the movies had turned out. Dark Phoenix wasn’t out yet. Yeah, it’s there – they talk about Professor X and those things, but it doesn’t have cameos from anyone or anything like that."

https://www.slashfilm.com/new-mutants-setting/

Storm in that role wouldnt have worked bc she would only be a few years older than the NM

BANNED

I still want the movie to be released on streaming.

Does anyone find it funny that people making fun of new mutants for been three years late, but we are getting the real Justice League movie five years after?

Either way I want to see both movies and new mutants is becoming a less guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I still want the movie to be released on streaming.

Does anyone find it funny that people making fun of new mutants for been three years late, but we are getting the real Justice League movie five years after?

Either way I want to see both movies and new mutants is becoming a less guarantee.
    5 years after what? The original JL came out in late 2017. It'll be closer to 3.5 years when the Snyder Cut is released. JL at least came out so I dont think this comparison fits. If NM had released in 2018 as originally planned, people wouldnt be making fun of it today. You have to admit the constant delays at this point have become quite comical (no pun intended)
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-29-2020 at 06:09 AM.

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/07/30/int...ust-28th-date/

20th Century Studios might finally be realizing that the August 28th theatrical release of The New Mutants isn’t going to happen. Meaning that once again the forever-delayed movie doesn’t have a release date.

Recently 20th Century Studios Taiwan has been promoting the movie with the August 28th date. Now overnight they’ve removed the release date and just replaced it with “Coming Soon” as people noticed on Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/07/30/int...ust-28th-date/

20th Century Studios might finally be realizing that the August 28th theatrical release of The New Mutants isn’t going to happen. Meaning that once again the forever-delayed movie doesn’t have a release date.

Recently 20th Century Studios Taiwan has been promoting the movie with the August 28th date. Now overnight they’ve removed the release date and just replaced it with “Coming Soon” as people noticed on Twitter:
    LMAO...a f--king joke! I feel they are playing games at this point and this might be so brilliant marketing campaign

Jeremy Conrad who runs that cosmic is a joke.

They should just release more teasers and trailers until we have enough footage to edit the film together ourselves.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I reaaaallly wanna see New Mutants. I won't be going to the cinema if it indeed comes out at the end of August but as far as I'm concerned this is the #1 movie to watch this year. Hopefully Disney will do a limited release in theatres in August followed by a quick release on Disney+. Postponing it again would just be evil at this stage.

It's Fox's fault for not releasing it back in its first date anyways. We could have all moved on by now.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    5 years after what? The original JL came out in late 2017. It'll be closer to 3.5 years when the Snyder Cut is released. JL at least came out so I dont think this comparison fits. If NM had released in 2018 as originally planned, people wouldnt be making fun of it today. You have to admit the constant delays at this point have become quite comical (no pun intended)
    J.L came out and only made things worse for DC and Warner Brothers. I rather have had the movie not come out unless it was Snyder's true movie.

J.L was disappointing. We don't know how new mutants is going to turn out yet. I think fans at least deserve to know that. If the movie is any good, Disney better continue it instead of turning constant MCU formula movies that we have seen many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    J.L came out and only made things worse for DC and Warner Brothers. I rather have had the movie not come out unless it was Snyder's true movie.

J.L was disappointing. We don't know how new mutants is going to turn out yet. I think fans at least deserve to know that. If the movie is any good, Disney better continue it instead of turning constant MCU formula movies that we have seen many times.
    Nah Most I have faith that most fans know sh!t when they see/smell it
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah Most I have faith that most fans know sh!t when they see/smell it
    Any prove this is **** smell from fans? true fans? not MCU fans that likes to say whatever is not connected to MCU is ****? When it comes to elseworld loose movies, New Mutants was quite hopeful because of what Deadpool and Logan did.

Either way, the movie should come out for fans to have their final say after many delays on if it was worth it, I don't care how.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm in that role wouldnt have worked bc she would only be a few years older than the NM
    Also because Storms character has absolutely NO connection to that type of role that Alice Braga's Dr Reyes performs in the plot. Moira McTaggert? Sure. Or better yet, just skip ahead to Mr Sinister, Kavita Rao, or even Dr Nemesis...

Last edited by Thirteen; 07-31-2020 at 09:12 PM.